Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2013, 05:27 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by algia View Post
You know what I find extremely HILARIOUS! The fact that this "gay community" as they like to refer to themselves.....cannot STOP whining! showing OFF, and cry "poor me" at anyone who would listen! It is UNNATURAL for two ppl of the same sex to be married...PERIOD! If there were ONLY people of the same sex getting married on this planet, we would become Jupiter...life would disappear, OR worst, we'd be populated by robots...and the remaining animals! It is really mind blowing at how out of touch with reality people have become to consider such marriage!

Also, it is ridiculous that this "community" wants everyone to believe what they do! Yet they are are a minority, (thankfully), and have shown numerous times how they simply cannot handle a different opinion, or the overall disgust of their personal choices that normal people have shown! I want to say: "Take it like a man"...but I feel like I can't say that...

"Gay marriage" is only being promoted because of TAX RETURNS...We all know married couples can claim more deductions! Let's not beat around the bush here.
This post epitomizes and exemplifies the magnitude of ignorance, of how incredibly "out of touch" some people insist on remaining with this issue. The gay community has been rendered invisible for centuries, discriminated against in every way with laws that once prohibited their very existence. The extreme discrimination foisted upon gays was why they had to hide, and be invisible, for fear of legal and social persecution. Homophobes know they must rationalize their hate and indifference by convincing themselves that homosexuals "choose" to be that way, thus are worthy of discrimination. I've never heard of anyone who chose to be gay. Sadly, there are people who seek out, to vilify, and invidiously attack them relentlessly. The rationale for homophobia is continually being eroded by correct information, thus the homophobes become more irrational, and more desperate in their quest to continue their lies to perpetuate their hate. But, fewer and fewer people are listening...save, but a few backward people, in those rural areas, down south, in those red states.

On those rare occasions when Hollywood, or the media would illustrate gay characters, those illustrations were always negative. As far as handling any difference of opinion, usually those "differences" of opinion are based on lies, or misinformation perpetuated to keep homosexuals oppressed, often from people who rationalize their hate through a religion in order to justify it. So rightfully so, their should be an uproar when people provoke hate on an entire class of people undeservingly; and if you're tired of hearing about it, then let them have their legal rights, so they can be treated equally under the law, and the issue will fade away. Why do you insinuate accepting gay people would mean the end of the human race? The majority of people are heterosexual, why would that change?

Homosexual people are here, and they are here to stay. Get over it.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
Being gay isn't even normal in farm animals.

Gays farm animals are so few and far between that the few that are get a one way ticket to the packing plant when discovered.

Baloney.

I used to have a goat that was gay. In fact, that was the best way in the world for me to tell when one of the other does was in heat and ready to be bred - "Dolly" was all over them, in the same way that a buck would have been.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:37 PM

797 posts, read 1,344,027 times
That is not being gay.

If that female goat was gay she would have nothing to do with the billy goat when she was in heat.

Your goats are bi-sexual as most animals are.

There is a difference and this real farmer is glad to educate you.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:43 PM

6,191 posts, read 18,157,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
. But, fewer and fewer people are listening...save, but a few backward people, in those rural areas, down south, in those red states.

And those people, like algia and Red Wolf, will be dead, gone and irrevelant in just a few years.
Their words are now, and always will be, a whining little cry about how reality doesn't conform to their wishes. And their little whimpers will soon be lost in the "hopelessly anachronistic" archives of the internet.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:49 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
That is not being gay.

If that female goat was gay she would have nothing to do with the billy goat when she was in heat.

Actually, she had zero interest in the bucks and would never stand for them.

I was able to get her bred one time in all the years that I had her and that breeding did not take place willingly on her part.

Oh, and "real" farmers know that the proper terminology for goat genders are "doe" and "buck" - not "female goat" and "billy."

Old 03-03-2013, 06:37 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
That is not being gay.

Animals of the same sex will mount each other...Usually as a signal of dominance and has nothing to do with sexuality. It there was a bi-sexual or homosexual animal that existed - You would see the male insert his penis in the anus of another male...they just don't do that...it takes the larger human brain to imagine and do such things. I hate it when people attempt to bring innocent animals into the politically loaded gay debate...Oh and of course every major historic figure of any consequence was gay....? Easy to say when they are dead and can not speak for themselves...So what was this thread about anyway?

Oh yah..that gay marriage thing and why straight (normal) people are "scared" of it...Why does everything have to be put in the terms of fear...or phobia? People are not afraid of it...some just don't like it..some just don't agree with it- It's not like straight people are cowering in a panic and frozen in fear at the mention of this issue. People might view gay marriage as odd a sister and brother getting married...so - what kind of phobia would that me if people were "afraid" of that type of union?

Old 03-03-2013, 06:43 PM

797 posts, read 1,344,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Actually, she had zero interest in the bucks and would never stand for them.

I was able to get her bred one time in all the years that I had her and that breeding did not take place willingly on her part.

Oh, and "real" farmers know that the proper terminology for goat genders are "doe" and "buck" - not "female goat" and "billy."

--real farmers-- don't waste their time with raising goats.

Old 03-03-2013, 06:46 PM

848 posts, read 1,120,054 times
Quote:
why ?

Are Christians supposed to support gay marriage ?
Many Christians do. Fundamentalist extremists do not speak for all. In fact, Christ himself had a problem with just two types of people...religious zealots and hypocrites.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 PM

43 posts, read 73,351 times
A false assumption from the get-go, OP, as many of us could not really care less about it.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:09 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times
Quote:
--real farmers-- don't waste their time with raising goats.
Or with their eyes fixated on certain parts of goats...unless you are an old goat yourself living up in the mountains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies