Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 07:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

I dealt with this cherry picking of the bible to only fit ones agenda back when my state of NC did constitutional amendment.

If we had biblical marriages it would look like this.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:53 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I dealt with this cherry picking of the bible to only fit ones agenda back when my state of NC did constitutional amendment.

I believe there are at least a few posters to this thread who would be fine with any or all of that.

Ugh.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:02 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
No, I would not, as a matter of fact.

I don't play that rhetorical game.

I am a conservative.

Liberals engage in that type of juvenile nonsense.

I do notice, however, that you cited a particular religious belief, and compared it with homosexuality.

The religious belief in question is something that a person chooses to be a follower of the relevant doctrine. You used such a choice in conjunction with homosexuality.

So being gay is likewise a choice, right?
Wrong, I never woke up one day and said, hey I can have sex with a woman or I can have sex with a man. Can you name a time in your life when that happened to you? I doubt it and I do not expect you to answer, even honestly. You will just avoid the question. I did not choose to be homosexual, can you choose to be homosexual, have sex with a man, and enjoy it or desire it, CAN YOU??

Old 03-10-2013, 11:06 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
Wrong, I never woke up one day and said, hey I can have sex with a woman or I can have sex with a man. Can you name a time in your life when that happened to you? I doubt it and I do not expect you to answer, even honestly. You will just avoid the question. I did not choose to be homosexual, can you choose to be homosexual, have sex with a man, and enjoy it or desire it, CAN YOU??
You're wasting your time. I believe that poster (as well as others) has been asked that question many times and has never answered it beyond something along the lines of: "Well....golly....gee.....just because you want to have sex with another person of the same sex doesn't mean you have to act on it."

Old 03-10-2013, 11:10 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
LOL brilliant post!

Quote:

Old 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
The two are entirely analogous. I chose to be a Christian(and anyone who is a Christian must choose such) and you chose to be a homosexual.

I realize that you don't like that fact, but I am stating the truth.

My prayer is that you acknowledge your sin, and accept the grace made possible by the sacrifice of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

This is what all people must do to be reconciled to the Lord.

God is not willing that anyone perish, but that all inherit eternal life.
Take this garbage to the religion forum.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,395 times
Quote:

All of those arrangements suit the purpose of marriage much more than homosexual unions. In all of the above, children can be born.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:21 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Quote:
I hate no one.

I have reasons to hate certain individuals(and to understand this - you would have to know more about me and my childhood - but this is not neccesary). I have forgiven in my heart those who have harmed me in the past - I have not done so to their face, and that is a step that I am still struggling with. But I can honestly say that I do not hate those individuals, and I do not hate anyone.

I have accomplished what my faith insists upon, forgiveness of my enemies, and believe me, it has not been easy.

The word "hate" is a convenient tool used by liberals such as yourself to shut down honest debate with those with whom you disagree.

Grow up.
Hate: intense hostility and aversion usually deriving from fear, anger, or sense of injury

You clearly hate gay people.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:25 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,490,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
You're wasting your time. I believe that poster (as well as others) has been asked that question many times and has never answered it beyond something along the lines of: "Well....golly....gee.....just because you want to have sex with another person of the same sex doesn't mean you have to act on it."
I forgot that he is abstaining from sex, he is a virgin and really has no real clue about sexual attraction, or sex. All he has is theory and no practice. I know that I have always been attracted to males, even as a child.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:53 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Actually, I am all for homosexual marriage or civil union or whatever it comes to be called.
For one reason, and one reason only:
WHEN they marry, or enter into a legal, binding, civil union, that means they have to get a DIVORCE!
"Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!"
Division of community property, alimony, child support, lawyer fees, court costs, the whole bit!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!
Serves'em right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies