Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That sounds more like your opinion than a goal. The "goal" with Iraq was to find the weapons of mass destruction. Remember? When it turned out they did not have any WMDs, then the the whole war turned into a purposeless fiasco (an amazingly expensive one)
That was an excuse given to the national community and the american people, not the real reasoning to any thinking man.

When the Germans invaded Poland in WW2, they also had an excuse, the plight of Germans in Danzig. When they invaded the Soviets, they had a similar reason.

Don't expect con artists to be honest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2013, 02:36 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,158,930 times
Do the Afghanis like Americans better than Russians?

The Russians didn't have Chicken McNuggets.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:37 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,173,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
I don't think "plenty" is representative of all. I don't think you can measure if there is more compassion or more hate that soldiers feel seeing as how there are 10s of thousands who served and continue to serve.

Do you really think that our soldiers don't harbor hatred for the Afghani Taliban who are killing them? You don't think they don't hate the villagers who in the day light to take US dollars with one hand while holding an AK47 in the other hand, which they use against the soldiers at night? You don't think that hatred doesn't overflow to others - even the innocent people? I'm sure the buddies of a friend of mine who died as a result of a gunshot in the back by an insurgent who infiltrated the ANA and was being trained lost any compassion they might have had and it turned to hate.
Well, "plenty" is better than "a few books." More than anything, people continue to serve in the military because of the options/benefits that it gives them.

Who said there are not soldiers that harbor hatred? There are people who don't serve who harbor hatred towards them. My point is that your post painted soldiers with a broad brush which is not truthful.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Do the Afghanis like Americans better than Russians?

The Russians didn't have Chicken McNuggets.
Initially the Afghans (Afghani is a currency) liked the Americans better than the Russians. But time corrected that. Plenty of Afghans now who have no feelings whatsoever for Russians but determination to rid their country of Americans.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Initially the Afghans (Afghani is a currency) liked the Americans better than the Russians. But time corrected that. Plenty of Afghans now who have no feelings whatsoever for Russians but determination to rid their country of Americans.
You're right.

Is this right: Afghanies?

It makes them look silly.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
You're right.

I think Afghans is correct, though that can be used for a rug. Personally, I prefer to say Pashtuns as they make up the dominant tribe of that country.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
You're right.

Afghanisians

Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I think Afghans is correct, though that can be used for a rug. Personally, I prefer to say Pashtuns as they make up the dominant tribe of that country.
Or it could mean more then one dog

Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Afghanisians
Legions of Afghanistanesions.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Or it could mean more then one dog
Is that a Pashtun dog?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies