Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Poll: If you support the redifinition of marriage, do you support consentual insest?
Yes, I support consentual insest. 48 36.64%
No, I do not support consentual insest. 83 63.36%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:58 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,444,835 times

Advertisements

Lets listen to what the judge has to say about this:

Marriage Is The Last Stand For Homophobic People - YouTube

Old 03-27-2013, 10:59 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,077,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
What is so difficult to understand about "two unrelated consenting adults"?

Who are you to tell two people who love one another that they must not be related? Why are you imposing YOUR beliefs on other people? Either you're for marriage equality, or you're not. Do not be a hypocrite.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Uh......no.

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.
How not? Explain. Either you're for marriage equality, or you're not. Do not be a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your own standards. Defend them.

6,457 posts, read 6,640,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Why? I do not believe in redefining marriage and do not cite "equality". If you're for "marriage equality" than you MUST support consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite.
Sorry, there is no logic in that statement. Explain to us all how it is hypocritical to believe that marriage should be between any 2 consenting unrelated adults, while NOT believing that marriage should be between any 2 consenting BLOOD-RELATED adults.

As I'm sure you know (but you're choosing to ignore), marriage between BLOOD-RELATED adults (and the possible procreation thereof) increases the chance of genetic problems in the offspring. That is reason enough for most reasonable people to support its continued prohibition.

11,768 posts, read 10,240,516 times
Quote:
Why? I do not believe in redefining marriage and do not cite "equality". If you're for "marriage equality" than you MUST support consensual incest marriage. Or you're a hypocrite.
Where is the hypocrisy? And screw the redefining of anything. If the fed gov wants to grant benefits to one group then it MUST grant the same benefits to others in a similar situation. If I chose to marry my gf and you denied me benefits bc she is black and tried to say I could choose to marry a white woman and then get the benefits it would also be discrimination.

Unrelated man and woman = option to marry
Unrelated man + man, woman + woman = no option to marry
Related man and woman = no option to marry or have sex
Related man + man, woman + woman = no option to marry or have sex

If you really want I will vote to let you marry your brother. Deal?

Old 03-27-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Lets listen to what the judge has to say about this:

Marriage Is The Last Stand For Homophobic People - YouTube
Don't hijack this thread; start your own. Address the point of this thread that you chose to enter.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:02 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,240,516 times
Quote:
Who are you to tell two people who love one another that they must not be related? Why are you imposing YOUR beliefs on other people? Either you're for marriage equality, or you're not. Do not be a hypocrite.
Prohibiting blood related people from having sex and getting married is supported by science. Make a real argument. This line of reasoning just makes you look silly.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Sorry, there is no logic in that statement. Explain to us all how it is hypocritical to believe that marriage should be between any 2 consenting unrelated adults, while NOT believing that marriage should be between any 2 consenting BLOOD-RELATED adults.

As I'm sure you know (but you're choosing to ignore), marriage between BLOOD-RELATED adults (and the possible procreation thereof) increases the chance of genetic problems in the offspring. That is reason enough for most reasonable people to support its continued prohibition.
Please, please, please thoroughly read threads that you choose to post in; that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Again: If you cite "equality" as the reason you support the redefinition of marriage to include two dudes, than you MUST support consensual incest marriage or polygamist marrige. Or you're a hypocrite. Either you believe in "marriage equality" or you do not. I am holding you to your own standards. Defend them.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM

6,457 posts, read 6,640,714 times
Quote:
How not? Explain. Either you're for marriage equality, or you're not. Do not be a hypocrite. I'm simply holding you to your own standards. Defend them.
YOU are the one who keeps using the term "marriage equality," and you clearly have a specific definition in mind, along the lines of ANYONE can marry ANYONE. People who support gays and lesbians having the right to marry their gay or lesbian partner are NOT supporting ANYONE being able to marry ANYONE.

Marriage has limits now. Marriage will still have limits if gays and lesbians can marry each other. This ANYONE marrying ANYONE is your own ridiculous hyperbole.

Old 03-27-2013, 11:06 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,428,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Incest is illegal. If you want incest to be legal then make your case to legalize it. Aside from that, consenting adults should be free to marry whom they wish to marry.
Same sex marriage is illegal in 41 states. You haven't made your case. Polygamy, polyandry, also must be made equal if homosexual marriage is accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.