Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:26 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhemi View Post
My hatred is for the lying thieves that they are. Not because of poor. They're poor by their own choices that they make. And I pay for that. I don't like working 2 jobs but for me to get additional real estate for my future, I have to do that.

Does it not bother you that these poor people will turn down undesirable jobs because they are too good to do certain jobs or too lazy to do a job. It's easier to sit back and accept a check for a huge portion of these people. Most of them are no better then you're common thief. Stop having kids until you are ready. If you need help, seek charity some people that are willing to give. Do not seek in my pockets. It's really that simple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
I so agree with you. The liars in here (and you know who you are) keep stereotyyping conservatives as haters of the poor when that is completely false. It is about not wanting our pockets picked by welfare queens, lazy Americans that won't work and illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 06:07 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck 1952r View Post
Mie

I will start by saying obama didn't get the title food stamp president for nothing. Obama did do a lot to mess up the already messed up welfare program in one way he eliminated the requirement to look for work if you want to be on welfare. He added 5 trillion to the debt in four years. 47 million on food stamps which is so wrong. No where in the constitution does it say the fedral government is every lazy person's guardian. So yes this country is going down the pit's because of commie obama!!
Well actually he got that title from Newt Gingrich who thought it would rally the conservative right and vote for him.

1) Obama hadn't changed SNAP eligibility. It's a need-based program that the President didn't decide to include more people. We have a weak economy and SNAP participation rises with unemployment. It decreases with employment. That should be obvious.

2) On your welfare claim, State governors asked the HHS to use their statutory authority to consider state waivers for welfare work requirements. The HHS granted that request.

3) On "adding $5 trillion in debt," the economy added that debt by reducing revenues and by automatic spending that occurs when unemployment rises. As proof it wasn't because of the "commie obama," the CBO projected a trillion dollar deficit two weeks before he was sworn in.

So basically, you hear talking point memes and repeat them as if they were facts. You really don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited by MTAtech; 02-25-2013 at 06:45 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies