Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 11:40 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,941,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Many years ago I worked for the Democrat Party of Illinois.
I don't believe you.

I think your claim in BOGUS.

Listen: if you were are Democrat, you worked for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY - not "the Democrat Party." That's a pejorative term Republicans use.

It's like saying "I was once a member of the Jew Religion." Jews are members of the Jewish Religion.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I am a Libertarian...but my reason is based on limited government in terms of fiscal matters AND personal matters.

Agreed. The OP sounds closer to a Republican...
I despise the Republican Party on many reasons so no I dislike them probably more than the Democrats. I just don't feel either party speaks to me. The Republicans want to ban abortions no matter what and the Democrats want it open to all and tax payer funded. Just one example but plenty more.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Another conservative attacking single moms and poor people.

Classic conservative thinking, I don't like those people. The Democratic party doesn't completely ignore and disregard those people.

So since I hate those people and the Democrats might help those people, I am going to the party and the ideology that I believe will hurt and punish those people.

conservatives hate.

Whenever you get conservatives to discuss this nation, it becomes very clear that their motivation is hatred of various groups of Americans.

They admit it every time.
I don't "hate" anyone, but there is a serious problem with people abusing the system. The welfare system was intended to help those who fell on hard times, not intended to make it a lifestyle like it often has become.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Yet the Tea Party shenanigans never bothered you a bit...here's a list

The Newsroom - American Taliban Speech - YouTube
I'm not a tea bagger and don't like them either though agree with them on financial aspects in many cases.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I don't believe you.

I think your claim in BOGUS.

Listen: if you were are Democrat, you worked for the DEMOCRATIC PARTY - not "the Democrat Party." That's a pejorative term Republicans use.

It's like saying "I was once a member of the Jew Religion." Jews are members of the Jewish Religion.

It should have read DEMOCRATIC PARTY, happy now? I was at the convention when it was in Chicago in 1996. I worked for Durbin no less too.

Old 02-25-2013, 01:15 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
This was proven BS.
Rand is also not his dad.
So you do not believe in parental influence at all.

FACT CHECK: Ron Paul Personally Defended Racist Newsletters | ThinkProgress

Quote:
Paul’s denials, however, are not supported by the public record. When the newsletters first arose as an issue in 1996, Paul didn’t deny authorship. Instead, Paul personally repeated and defended some of the most incendiary racial claims in the newsletters.
IMO, he's a chip right off the elder racist's block.

Rand Paul Made Same Racial Comments in 2002

Old 02-25-2013, 02:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Default I liken the parties to catching two children with their hands in the cookie jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
A libertarian is someone who realizes that conservatives help create the criminal class.
A Libertarian is someone who realized both parties are built on hypocrisy. A liberal makes less sense than a conservative to me - only because conservatives will (at the least) pretend to want to cut spending. This shows they know the difference between right and wrong, even though many still choose wrong.

I liken the parties to catching two children with their hands in the cookie jar:

- The conservative child knows it's wrong, but makes up an excuse of why he was stealing the cookie. The kid might even blame you for catching him.

- The liberal child not only sneaks a cookie into his pocket, but then goes after another; while making excuses of why he isn't actually stealing cookies. The kid will then explain how stealing the cookies is actually what's best for everyone.

If a person generally agrees with liberal logic, then he/she isn't a Libertarian.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM

3,045 posts, read 5,243,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
A libertarian is someone who realizes that conservatives help create the criminal class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

BOTH parties, R and D, are complicit.
Hold on here... you're implying that "R" = conservative and "D" = liberal. I disagree. Maybe they started out that way, but currently the major political parties exist only to keep those already in power firmly in power. I'm a moderate conservative, and I voted Libertarian the last election.

NO political party is responsible for creating any "criminal class". About 5 minutes after the first rule was agreed upon by some primitive human society someone decided to break that rule and became a criminal.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,787,236 times
Quote:
I despise the Republican Party on many reasons so no I dislike them probably more than the Democrats. I just don't feel either party speaks to me. The Republicans want to ban abortions no matter what and the Democrats want it open to all and tax payer funded. Just one example but plenty more.
After that statement, I totally believe you were a Democrat. One of the lies the Dems push is the fake war on women. I don't know a single Republican who wants abortions banned entirely. Another positive about a true Libertarian is that they can divine the truth, through all the BS.

Old 02-25-2013, 03:15 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Many years ago I worked for the Democrat Party of Illinois. I used to believe that liberals were right and conservatives were evil. I believed that conservatives wanted to curtail my freedom. I also was a fighter against censorship in the media and my thinking liberals were for freedom. I was abortion for all, casual sex for all, affirmative action and welfare for all. You get my point.

What made me change was many things. I lived in an area that started drastically changing from middle class professionals to people from the housing projects and others on welfare. I started seeing the abuse of the system. I also started seeing that what I believed was wrong. Also, I started working and started to see more and more of my money disappear and during this time I had a friend who was on welfare. I started seeing people really messed up by all that casual sex.

I get more annoyed by liberals than I do conservatives now.
i see so many problems in what was said here.

being a democrat has nothing to do with believing in casual sex. I have never met a single democrat who believes in welfare or abortion for all either. And affirmative Action is something that many would argue is still needed just like the specific states and counties that can not change the way the hold elections because of the way the have behaved in the past.

seems to me that you were a fringe person who thought if you arent on the fringe then you are in the wrong party. So you became a libertarian. if you simple saw an abuse of the system, how did that turn you into a Libertarian, did you mistakenly believe all Democrats were like you ? Had you even even read your own parties policies ?

Also what makes you fiscally conservative? you mentioned it in your title, but not in the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies