Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 12:30 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Never said that I was the most intelligent person here.

The question I asked is how banning sales of so called assault weapons and hi-cap magazines to responsible law abiding citizens will stop criminals and the mentally ill from misusing firearms.

To answer your question........It won't...... It will only stop the responsible law abiding citizens from purchasing the firearms / mags.
Yes, we have never heard of a "law-abiding citizen" misusing his firearms
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 12:36 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
Ok, I get it.
The second amendment means that guns should be sold as if they were toys, and even lunatic people such as James Holmes must have all the guns they want.

Is this question a joke, right?
No, murders haven't been totally eliminated in Australia... but I guess that walking alone at night in Sydney is actually a much more pleasant experience compared to Ciudad Juarez or Saint Louis or New Orleans or Detroit
Mexico has a gun ban.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ok,we`ll assume that went over your head.
You're ASSuming again....

Old 02-25-2013, 12:37 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Yes, we have never heard of a "law-abiding citizen" misusing his firearms
Since you are evading.

Tell me this. If you can not trust an individual or group of individuals to have a firearm, then how can you trust an individual or group of individuals with the power of government? (hint: You can't), so... as long as there are people who are given authority over others, there shall always remain the authority of the individual to keep them "honest".

You go out and find me a society where there is no crime, no abuse of power, and justice is always met properly, and I will hand you my weapon. Until then, my weapon will insure you do the former. Got it?

Here is a little quote for you to ponder on:

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
Thomas Jefferson

Old 02-25-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Mexico has a gun ban.
Mexico doesn't have a gun ban.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Ask the people who escaped the movie theater In Aurora Co. if guns made them feel free that evening.Equating freedom with guns....that`s just weird.

Consider this. the Aurora shooter passed 2 movie theators to get to the one where he did his evil deed.

The difference between the first two and the one where people died? the death trap was a "gun free zone" the two he passed up were not.

Over and over we have found shooters going to so called "gun free" zones to do thier business.

Equating freedom with the RIGHT to keep and bear arms? yea I pretty much do. It is the right that makes the other ones possible.

and had I been in Aurora that night, I suspect I would be wishing I had a gun in hand. That would have given me a great deal of freedom than those poor folks had.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Since you are evading.

Tell me this. If you can not trust an individual or group of individuals to have a firearm, then how can you trust an individual or group of individuals with the power of government? (hint: You can't), so... as long as there are people who are given authority over others, there shall always remain the authority of the individual to keep them "honest".

You go out and find me a society where there is no crime, no abuse of power, and justice is always met properly, and I will hand you my weapon. Until then, my weapon will insure you do the former. Got it?

Here is a little quote for you to ponder on:

“When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fears the people there is liberty.”
Thomas Jefferson
Considering that some of the most armed states are also the armpit of the western world, I guess that all those guns aren't exactly effective

Old 02-25-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"He would have been capable of doing the SAME damage with the firearms in his possession if he did not have the Bushmaster.'

He DID NOT USE THE BUSHMASTER. The ONLY weapons he fired were handguns.
I am not a conspiracy theorist. The medical examinor stated on the record that each person was shot by only 1 gun. the bullets removed were .223.

One has to believe that local police and the ME were part of a grand government scheme.... and to what purpose? They arent going to get any kind of gun ban so....

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Considering that some of the most armed states are also the armpit of the western world, I guess that all those guns aren't exactly effective

Quantify your comment. Just making generalized claims here and there is worthless when you discuss with me. Back it up, or... well remain quiet. /shrug

Old 02-25-2013, 01:04 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times
Quote:
Emotional response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Can anyone honestly explain how banning responsible law abiding people from purchasing semi-auto firearms, (misnamed as assault weapons), and high capacity magazines is going to stop criminals and the mentally ill from misusing firearms?

No emotional responses; statistics / facts only please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies