Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:35 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
People routinely disobey speed limits so we should get rid of all speed limits?
Now you are finally seeing the stupidity of the left...thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:36 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
from the link:

"It probably won’t work in the US.Three reasons why gun buybacks in the United States have apparently been ineffective: (a) the buybacks are relatively small in scale (b) guns are surrendered voluntarily, and so are not like the ones used in crime; and (c) replacement guns are easy to obtain. These factors did not apply to the Australian buyback, which was large, compulsory, and the guns on this island nation could not easily be replaced.”

I would also add the influence of NRA
Anyway, that doesn't change the fact the gun control is working in Australia, because - differently from USA - it has actually been implemented.
If you compare Australia's model with USA's model, there's no doubt that the first one is working better.
Almost 20 years without a mass shooting and a murder rate that is just a fraction of USA's one.

Working as how???

Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Yeah! Who give a !#$@# about the constitution???!!!
This is the last time I reply to you.
Since I am sick and tired to read the garbage of a woman who is only able to copypaste the NRA's catch-phrases I inform you that you're on my ignore list.
Bye.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:39 AM

651 posts, read 705,283 times
No ban will happen. Reid has said it will not pass, and McCain will not go along with it as a moderate Republican. Its DOA. A mags ban has a bit more chance but not much, the UBGC may pass but that's it.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by italianuser View Post
This is the last time I reply to you.
Since I am sick and tired to read the garbage of a woman who is only able to copypaste the NRA's catch-phrases I inform you that you're on my ignore list.
Bye.
Aren't you the one who said that constitution doesn't matter?

Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,861,253 times
Quote:
Ask the people who escaped the movie theater In Aurora Co. if guns made them feel free that evening.Equating freedom with guns....that`s just weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I think a better question would be: How many of those people would have rather had guns that night.

You do realize that that shooter drove past a few other movie theaters....this one he shot up was the only "gun free" theater around.....

Can you make the connection....
Google Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:48 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,594,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
USA has a Second Amendment, Australia did not.
Ok, I get it.
The second amendment means that guns should be sold as if they were toys, and even lunatic people such as James Holmes must have all the guns they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
Have murders been totally eliminated in Australia?
Is this question a joke, right?
No, murders haven't been totally eliminated in Australia... but I guess that walking alone at night in Sydney is actually a much more pleasant experience compared to Ciudad Juarez or Saint Louis or New Orleans or Detroit

Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Now you are finally seeing the stupidity of the left...thanks...
Ok,we`ll assume that went over your head.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
It isn't a country-by-country issue. It is what happens to the ruled by the rulers. Study History. When you understand that relationship, come back and engage in some serious debate.

Your question is so "micro" in nature that it is irrelevant. Siort of like "how will same sex marriage affect your marriage" often posed to those who opposed the debouching of our marriage laws and customers. It is much bigger issue than that. Same principle applies.
Oh no! You`ve seen that silly e-mail too. The Short History Of Gun Control. An oldie but a goodie and it`s been debunked thousands of times.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Ok,we`ll assume that went over your head.
You goal is to limit everybody to musket, nothing more. You don't care about children, saving lives, reducing crime or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies