Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 11:42 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I've counted at least 3 times you've told someone to stop posting or quiet down. It's not your business or place to tell someone to shut up.
When did I tell anyone to "shut up?" I didn't. To ask someone to "please be quiet" does not force that from posting on this thread. It does ask, however, that they recognize that the gaping hole in their logic has been revealed and that on that particular aspect of the thread that they might save themselves future embarrassment by trying again with another point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Clue: Why don't you quit reading? It's upsetting you.
Are you seriously asking me implicitly to stop posting on this thread, in fact, to not even read this thread. Good God, I hope that even you can see the irony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2013, 11:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I thought it was lovely that the First Lady was hosting an Oscar party for military personnel.

If you don't want to see her or the President on TV, change the channel.
I did!!! Most likely not for reasons you think...

Old 02-25-2013, 11:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I personally don't have a problem with her TV appearances. Of course, if she has a way to promote her causes, she will do it. It just seems to be a bit overkill, like you can't get away from her.

Ellen
The View
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Restaurant: Impossible
iCarly
Iron Chef
Oprah
Nickolodean Awards
BET Honors
NAACP Awards
The Biggest Loser
Dr Oz
Rachael Ray

This isn't counting your regular interview shows like Jay Leno, The Today Show, etc. It just seems like overexposure to me for a First Lady. But, hey, if she wants to be a pop star, whatever....
This is well said......does seem we see her often enough it's really not that exciting to see her. I don't really see where the First Lady has to have so much attention and wanting everyone to know she could be your best friend.

Maybe, she has a little Jennifer Aniston in her and likes media attention anyway she can get it.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:05 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Laura Bush - IMDb

Includes appearances on American Idol, Jay Leno, and Live with Regis and Kelly, Extreme Makeover Home Addition, among others. There are a couple of Barney shorts in there too.

Yep, Mrs. Bush gladly made appearances to support her pet causes or campaign for her hubby during election season.

They all do it. It's not unusual.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Boo hoo. The Obamas are more popular than The Bushes at the same time in their Presidencies.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
It's getting to the point that you don't know the difference between them, Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian.
Yeah sure. Only to loser republicans.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Boo hoo. The Obamas are more popular than The Bushes at the same time in their Presidencies.
I think the other part of the problem is Michelle looked hot. Great hair. Wonderful figure. Fabulous dress. They're probably also tremendously upset that George Clooney was his usual fine self.

I'll just assume Limbaugh complain about him too.

Old 02-25-2013, 12:23 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Did you whine this way when Ronald Reagan was the President? With all of his Hollywood appearances during his term? Or his many weekends at his ranch? I doubt it. Why don't you just be honest and tell us what it is about these two attractive, assertive Black Americans you don't like about them?

He was from HOLLYWOOD and was one of them.

BIG DIFFERENCE He also did his job as President unlike the current occupant

Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
I personally don't have a problem with her TV appearances. Of course, if she has a way to promote her causes, she will do it. It just seems to be a bit overkill, like you can't get away from her.

Ellen
The View
Extreme Makeover Home Edition
Restaurant: Impossible
iCarly
Iron Chef
Oprah
Nickolodean Awards
BET Honors
NAACP Awards
The Biggest Loser
Dr Oz
Rachael Ray

This isn't counting your regular interview shows like Jay Leno, The Today Show, etc. It just seems like overexposure to me for a First Lady. But, hey, if she wants to be a pop star, whatever....
The other problem with this list.....her appearances are all at soft events. When is she going to let someone interview her in depth and detail about her lets move campaign.....or question her about her husbands policies? She simply wants to be seen and be a star. She thinks she is some sort of queen. Gurl, better get a clue, she was HIRED to work for the U.S. citizens. She needs to be working on serious issues!

Old 02-25-2013, 12:33 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
If you think a gasp of surprise (since her appearance was a closely guarded secret) is the same as an orgasm.....Houston, you have a problem.
If they all could have lit a cigarette after her appearance they would have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies