Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 08:16 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Clearly you have lost touch with reality. Ronald Reagan was NEVER nominated for an Academy Award. He wasn't even an A-list actor.

And it wasn't a disgrace to have the First Lady announce the winner of Best Picture. Jack Nicholson was the presenter.
Some people just like to make stuff up thinking we're not going to check.
Credibility, some have none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 08:17 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Nice backtracking.
Don't like the response, move the goal post.
I'm not moving the goal posts at all. In 2009 Obama was idealistic, then he changed, and started to act contrarily in the following months.

Quote:
Where did he meet resistance?
Shall we say the R side of the house?

Most of the people at Gitmo were never charged. But you know that.
There was no evidence to convict them.

Did you bother to look at the charts I presented.
I'm sure you didn't.
There are thousands more on the internet.
You are just proving my point. He thought he was a dictator in early 2009, as if he could simply go about making proclamations, and everything and everyone would just fall in-line with him.

The politics, logistics, and security concerns never even entered Obama's thought processes. Gitmo was a prisoner of war camp, for the most dangerous captives of the war. You do not capture prisoners in a war, with the intentions of giving them legal trials to determine guilt and punishment, which was another thing that escaped Obama's limited intellect.

I was supposed to look at charts to answer your post? I did not even click any of your links. Am I supposed to sift thru hundreds of words and images, to try and determine the reasoning behind why you chose a bunch of hyperlinks?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
I'm not moving the goal posts at all. In 2009 Obama was idealistic, then he changed, and started to act contrarily in the following months.

You are just proving my point. He thought he was a dictator in early 2009, as if he could simply go about making proclamations, and everything and everyone would just fall in-line with him.

The politics, logistics, and security concerns never even entered Obama's thought processes. Gitmo was a prisoner of war camp, for the most dangerous captives of the war. You do not capture prisoners in a war, with the intentions of giving them legal trials to determine guilt and punishment, which was another thing that escaped Obama's limited intellect.

I was supposed to look at charts to answer your post? I did not even click any of your links. Am I supposed to sift thru hundreds of words and images, to try and determine the reasoning behind why you chose a bunch of hyperlinks?
Oh, garbage.
He was trying to live up to his campaign promises.
Unfortunately the Rs were going to do their best to thwart his every move.

Did you forget this:

Study Links Medical Costs and Personal Bankruptcy - Businessweek
Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader and the man who came to represent the partisan gridlock that marked much of the President’s first term in office after an election night comment in which he vowed to prioritize making Obama a one-term president, has commented on the failure of his stated mission on the eve of Obama’s re-election.

You make things up, I provide links to valid information.
We know that facts don't faze you.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Oh please, your poutrage is so boring.
Yes, I'm sure the friends and families of Brian Terry, Chris Stevens, Tyrone Woods, Glen Dougherty and Sean Smith really CARE about your boredom.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
And it wasn't a disgrace to have the First Lady announce the winner of Best Picture. Jack Nicholson was the presenter.
I agree that it was not a disgrace, but is was political.

The irony struck me, as the wife of a president, who absented himself from any involvement during a real life attempt to rescue US diplomats in Libya, is handing out an Oscar for a movie which portrayed the heroic rescue of US diplomats in Iran.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:36 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Some people just like to make stuff up thinking we're not going to check.
Credibility, some have none.
Ronald Reagan filmography - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was also the former head of SAG.

Where did you check? The Obama worshipers' encyclopedia?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'll give you a dose too:

My bluest of blue state (MA), voted for the man that you ridiculously view as a divider.

BTW, if you are so wrong about this subject, what are you right about?
Yup, President Reagan was so divisive, that he won more states in his reelection.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 AM

116 posts, read 93,629 times
So, I gather the OP had a problem with Nixon showing up on Rowan & Martin's Laugh In, correct ?

Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Clearly you have lost touch with reality. Ronald Reagan was NEVER nominated for an Academy Award. He wasn't even an A-list actor.
This.

BTW: You don't have to be a member of SAG or an Academy member (they're two different things) to present an award.

Old 02-26-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
I view it as the O's seeking that leftist quest for equality. Of course, the pursuit itself negates the results although it does pad the ego with a false sense of achievement. Like a perp who commits a crime for notoriety, they get the attention but at a loss to any who are aware of the act.

The real failure is in not recognizing that equality is nothing more than self acceptance.
Agreed, by putting himself out in public as a pop star is a way to endear himself to the public, in an attempt to armor himself from ridicule from his inept job performance. This is how celebrities can go before a jury trial and beat murder raps and lesser crimes; their pop culture fame shields them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies