Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2013, 02:06 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
As I accept my self as suitable and have no need for an equality quest, and I know that the guy is no better than I, it would demean all concerned. But I've been called worse. As I'm sure Baracky has as well.

Oh, and I'm not really concerned with what one thinks of myself or Obama. And I'll defend to my death the right to say so.

And you needn't refer to him as my President (ref above - your President). He may be President of the U.S. but he was not my choice, I did not vote for him, and do not want him. Yes, we all pay the price, dearly. So, if you're offended by my reference to your President, then just don't read my work.
I'm pointing out that when we disrespect others, we are really disrespecting ourselves.

When you use insults and demeaning language to try to make your point, the only point you are making is that you choose to be the kind of person that uses insults and tries to demean people, instead of someone that actually makes an argument.

I'll defend your right to free speech. And I presume you would defend my right to comment on the things you say. Even if my comments aren't flattering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Who cares if she presented at the Oscars. If any of you whiners were offered this same opportunity, you'd jump on it like white on rice. Basically we have a bunch of hypocrites in here.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I love how people feel that THEIR PERSONAL views on what a POTUS / FLOTUS should do or shouldn't do are some kind of natural law that the Obama's are breaking. The only thing going on is people don't like them so anything they do is horrible. And people don't like anything they aren't used to so something new and different will be met with criticism.

That's all folks.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:12 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Who cares if she presented at the Oscars. If any of you whiners were offered this same opportunity, you'd jump on it like white on rice. Basically we have a bunch of hypocrites in here.
Hit the nail on the head.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:13 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post

And you needn't refer to him as my President (ref above - your President). He may be President of the U.S. but he was not my choice, I did not vote for him, and do not want him. Yes, we all pay the price, dearly. So, if you're offended by my reference to your President, then just don't read my work.
Nope if you are an American, he's still your president. Sorry.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,213,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Nope if you are an American, he's still your president. Sorry.
OK. Whatever it takes for you guys to feel okay about yourselves.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:28 PM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Did you whine this way when Ronald Reagan was the President? With all of his Hollywood appearances during his term? Or his many weekends at his ranch? I doubt it. Why don't you just be honest and tell us what it is about these two attractive, assertive Black Americans you don't like about them?
Mrs Obama looks just like the dude that cut our grass when I was a kid.
Freaks me out lol
I think he was a little more refined too

Old 02-26-2013, 02:40 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Mrs Obama looks just like the dude that cut our grass when I was a kid.
Freaks me out lol
I think he was a little more refined too
DoD:

Does that stand for Department of Diapers? lol

Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
It's perfectly normal! NEVER have we had such a hateful, self-absorbed FLOTUS.
Crazy seldom recognizes crazy. But mental help is out there for those who, in a moment of clarity, recognize their judgments are our of whack with reality and clouded by strange fixations about knowing everything about someone they clearly do not know.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
To me it doesn't look right for the POTUS to be on TV so much smiling when we have so many serious issues going on in the country right now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies