Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 02:55 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times

Advertisements

Quoting Kucinich: "I'm going to talk to members of Congress this week and tell them taking impeachment off the table is a big mistake," he said.

http://www.montereyherald.com/ci_7246943?nclick_check=1

Does any one think that an impeachment would go through, and if so, how would it unfold?

Thoughts? Opinions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
No, there will be no impeachment

Old 10-23-2007, 03:12 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
It wouldn't be in the best interests of the country to impeach him. First of all it wouldn't work. Secondly, we are at war and it would tie up congress at a time when we actually need the best and brightest in Washington actually doing their jobs.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:16 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
It wouldn't be in the best interests of the country to impeach him. First of all it wouldn't work. Secondly, we are at war and it would tie up congress at a time when we actually need the best and brightest in Washington actually doing their jobs.
Exactly. How many times have we debated this? I beleive not long ago it was the Vermont Senate wanting to impeach. Of course a lot of it is rooted in revenge over the Clinton impeachment.

The left needs to move on and do what is best for our country.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,252,061 times
I don't believe bush and cheney will be impeached even though I believe their crimes merit impeachment. I knew I'd heard or read they can be held accountable after they leave office. If this article is true, we should wait until after they leave office and then make it so they can't become richer giving speeches. I agree on most of the Kucinich platform, but I don't agree we start impeachment proceedings.
Http://www.dailykos.com/story/2007/3/13/01446/6236 (broken link)

The article begins with reasons why bush and cheney won't be impeached, etc.

...If Democrat assuming the Presidency in January 2009, or even an insufficiently loyal Republican, would completely turn the situation around. *Bush would instantly lose the immunity his former office conferred. *He would be touchable by US Attorneys, and these prosecutors would be the new US Attorneys, appointed by his successor, who might order them to touch the ex-President at every opportunity. *And the new President will be the one to invoke, or not invoke, Executive Privilege, or the power of security classification, to either conceal or reveal evidence of the guilt of his predecessor.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:33 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Exactly what crimes do you speak of? And I dare say that VP Cheney and President Bush have no need to become "richer." I think they are fairly well-off in their own right. It isn't really an issue for them, as opposed to say the Clintons.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:34 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
No argument from me, tigerlily, not because I don't think, like you say, impeachable offenses haven't occurred, but I don't think it is in the country's best interest.

However, I do think the Congress, or the Leadership made a mistake in stating that impeachment was off the table. If it had been on table, perhaps we wouldn't be stuffed full of political hackery.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:05 PM

791 posts, read 2,222,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
The left needs to move on and do what is best for our country.
We all, both parties and others, need to move on and find a way to get 'our government' back on track. It's been derailed for too many decades and will take a major effort to correct. There are no elected politicians in DC today who will be of any benefit.

We need to drain the swamp, shoot the alligators and elect some trusted representation. I would support an amendment to the constitution to ban both Republicans and Democrats from political office.

Congress... 535 reasons to support term limits with NO benefits and NO grandfathering tenure.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:09 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Quoting Kucinich: "I'm going to talk to members of Congress this week and tell them taking impeachment off the table is a big mistake," he said.

. . . .

Thoughts? Opinions?
Kucinich is a bullsh1ter. That is not a call for impeachment. Those are complete weenie words. "I am going to tell them they were wrong . . ." That is just pathetic.

A real approach would be: "I am going to file a bill for impeachment. When you see the list of who (Democrats) will not support it, you will see who supports Bush and the Iraq-nam, and who is profiting from it."

Democrats are just Republicans with (even) less spine -- as if that were possible. Disgusting.

Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 PM

1,354 posts, read 4,580,599 times
Unfortunately, it won't happen, no one in Congress has the BALLS Oops, can I say that word on here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Kucinich is a bullsh1ter.
A real approach would be: "I am going to file a bill for impeachment. When you see the list of who (Democrats) will not support it, you will see who supports Bush and the Iraq-nam, and who is profiting from it."
I agree, why has no one done this. Then America can see who has b*lls and who doesn't. I WISH there were someone in Congress that had some backbone. They are ALL WOOSIES...............I wish we could run all their a*ses out of Washington and start fresh (wishful thinking I suppose).....

Last edited by ayannaaaliyah; 10-23-2007 at 04:20 PM.. Reason: additional comments
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies