Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:46 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times

Advertisements

You know for those on here who seem to be happy with the federal/state workers being let go or put on furlough how about we just fire all of them. We could privatize the DMV, the department of health, sanitation all these things. would that make you feel better about yourselves ? If your that jealous of federal and state government workers why not apply for a position and see if you can get the benefits you complain about others having.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 02:48 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,138,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Your job with the taxes I pay.
So that's your way of admitting your business is unneccessary. And taxes one way or another surely pay alot of your invoices for payment. Without government services of all kinds, your business would be much smaller... you'd probably be out of business by now.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:49 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,408,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
You know for those on here who seem to be happy with the federal/state workers being let go or put on furlough how about we just fire all of them. We could privatize the DMV, the department of health, sanitation all these things. would that make you feel better about yourselves ? If your that jealous of federal and state government workers why not apply for a position and see if you can get the benefits you complain about others having.
It's not a matter of happy or sad. I work with government people and hear what they say. Some are concerned, but they know that what is getting portrayed by the media isn't the way it will pan out.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
It's not a matter of happy or sad. I work with government people and hear what they say. Some are concerned, but they know that what is getting portrayed by the media isn't the way it will pan out.

I suppose the only way to find out is to let it happen, I'm already aware though of what will happen more than likely they will all come together on an agreement that in the end will hurt the middle class and working poor. It will more than likely be an agreement that will last a few months to a year as they have no intent on actually doing there jobs.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
The vast majority of government employees who work for less than their private sector counterparts are NOT in the same category as your elected officials. Most are very dedicated and hard working. They're the ones who are going to be punished because of political posturing.
But the vast majority of government workers DO NOT make less than their private sector counterparts. According to this NBC News Story from last year,
Quote:
Once pension and health benefits are factored in, the average federal worker reaps 16 percent more in total compensation than do private sector workers.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:55 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
So that's your way of admitting your business is unneccessary. And taxes one way or another surely pay alot of your invoices for payment. Without government services of all kinds, your business would be much smaller... you'd probably be out of business by now.
Are you serious? If I paid LESS taxes I could afford to hire and expand. Are you from 1950's East Germany?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? If I paid LESS taxes I could afford to hire and expand. Are you from 1950's East Germany?
If you can't expand and hire more this has nothing to do with taxes but everything about your business model. Perhaps you should look into that instead of blaming the taxes you pay, or you could simply close up shop and become a regular worker and not have to worry about paying much in taxes

Old 02-26-2013, 03:04 PM

1,259 posts, read 2,258,082 times
Quote:
Yes, but then with the economy flooded with unemployed people who could afford to buy things from businesses. People would not be spending money if they are unemployed or take a major financial hit, so that means restuarnts, clothing stores, even things like going on vacation. Also, hotels get money from govt conferences, less conferences and hotel rooms being booked, so now hotels have to lay people off. Surely areas with a lot of government employees will definitely take a hit.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:05 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
****em. Welcome to the real world ******* that occured 4.5 yrs ago.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:11 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,116,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
If you can't expand and hire more this has nothing to do with taxes but everything about your business model. Perhaps you should look into that instead of blaming the taxes you pay, or you could simply close up shop and become a regular worker and not have to worry about paying much in taxes
You Sir are exactly what is wrong with this country.
You be a "regular worker" and be happy.
The people that founded this country were not didn't have a choice to be "regular".
I'm sure your forefathers are REAL proud of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies