Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 05:04 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,991,603 times

Advertisements

I'm waiting for the GOP response that the people are either stupid or brainwashed by the media or Obama. They'll never admit they have a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 05:08 PM

63,284 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
I'm waiting for the GOP response that the people are either stupid or brainwashed by the media or Obama. They'll never admit they have a problem.
No, not stupid or brainwashed just slipping into moral and social decay with their so-called progressive ideas. I'd rather become extinct than to slip into the abyss with them and have to live to see what this country will become in the future.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,956,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No, not stupid or brainwashed just slipping into moral and social decay with their so-called progressive ideas. I'd rather become extinct than to slip into the abyss with them and have to live to see what this country will become in the future.
Hope I don't regret this but.......... what "progressive" ideas are you referring to?
What are the "wholesome alternatives" that you see in the Party Of Wall Street?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,182,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Romney misrepresented and reinvented himself daily - first as a "severe" conservative, then as a moderate or even a liberal when it suited his audience, and many people fell for it. He did not state the true ideology of the republican party, so people bought into this "other" party. Romney would have been a shill for Wall Street, and most people recognized this.
Fox media (GOP TV) is everywhere, and unfortunately many people see them as "news".
In other words, the true corporate republican party is not representative of most Americans, and that would come to light if republicans were to stop lying about themselves. They cannot afford to come clean.
Barack Obama is a "shill for Wall Street." Is there any particular reason you fail to mention this in your post?

How many links do you need me to provide you to show you that BHO is no different than any other corrupt President to grace the White House?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:11 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,581,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Well, lookie here:

A majority of Americans think that the GOP is out of touch with the country, according to a new poll released Tuesday.

Sixty-two percent of adults say the GOP is out of touch with the American people, 56 percent say it’s not open to change and 52 percent say it’s too extreme, according to a Pew Research Center poll released Tuesday.

Read more: Poll: Republicans 'out of touch' - Kevin Cirilli - POLITICO.com

Discuss.
and they would be correct.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:25 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
You have Rubio, he's thirsty for power.
Or is he just thirsty?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:26 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,611,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Barack Obama is a "shill for Wall Street." Is there any particular reason you fail to mention this in your post?

How many links do you need me to provide you to show you that BHO is no different than any other corrupt President to grace the White House?
Well, my goodness, if he's no different then why don't you back off? Why don't you worship at his feet like you did Bush?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:27 PM

20,700 posts, read 12,581,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Or is he just thirsty?

Old 02-26-2013, 06:28 PM

1,148 posts, read 1,686,566 times
Both parties are out of touch with the American people. The GOP does need to change though. Like maybe embracing more a libertarian concept. Part of the problem with the GOP is they run candidates that are very odd...I guess that's the word I am looking for. Even people in my family who have voted GOP for years didn't want to vote for Richard Mourdock here in Indiana. My mom actually voted libertarian because she didn't want to vote for him because of some of things he said.

The GOP could show more compassion toward hispanics by passing a compassionate immigration reform. They need to also get the message out to women that it will empower them to get off assistance and get jobs. No one is empowered who lives off the government, but a lot of women don't fully understand this. Maybe to reach more women, they could be a little more compassionate. Most women are hearing that GOP wants to get rid of bennies and leave them out in the cold with nothing. What need is a program that weans people off benefits.

I also think Mitt was a poor candidate. Someone like Marco Rubio would make a better candidate.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:52 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,800,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
Well, that's the only one you have a problem with. Why point out and bash only the republicans for doing it?
I didn't say I had a problem with it. I simply explained to you how the GOP still controls the house while getting a million less votes nationally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies