Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2014, 06:51 PM

260 posts, read 195,283 times

Advertisements

Seriously, in 2014 Americans are still taking the politicians that hardly pretend to represent them with an honest faith?

I'd like to think there is a message coming through the WiFi or the cell towers. It would at least make for an easy explanation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:26 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
At best, I would say Obama may have came into office with good intentions, but didn't have a clue what he was getting into and powerless to make any massive changes. His first mistake was doing the apology tour. That didn't earn him any points with foreign nations. Quite the opposite.

But then again, it also seems like he focused all his early energy on Obamacare and didn't really attend to the more damaging problems out there. Obamacare doesn't even really tackle the main problem of the healthcare system which is the bloated financial charges to patients.

I also don't think America has ever appeared so weak on the worldwide stage as it does now under Obama. Bush managed to get a large collation of nations to go along with us to Iraq. Something Obama could never do.

Well stated.

The apology tour was the first real clue we had that Obama had no clue. He just came off looking like the idiot he was about to grow into.

He was so obsessed with his legacy that he began to discuss it early on -- WAY TOO EARLY, to be exact. He even lied about the details surrounding his own mother's death to push Obamacare, after having lied about how transparent he was going to be, how the Obamacare discussions would be on C-Span, blah, blah, blah.

The job of being president requires that you put on your big boy pants. Unfortunately, BarackO The Whackoâ„¢ doesn't own a pair of those.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Since when has President and the word truth ever been a symbiotic relationship . Let me harken back to another one. "Read my lips, no new taxes. So, cool story bro.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:38 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
No, it's time for you leftists to start taking some responsibility for your conduct. I know, a foreign concept for many of you. You liberals need to do a better job of picking your candidates.
I'm not a liberal. LOL you are blaming liberals for electing the candidate of their choice. Sorry, you need to do a better job of electing your candidate. This is too funny, blaming others for your own fault.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:42 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I'm not a liberal. LOL you are blaming liberals for electing the candidate of their choice. Sorry, you need to do a better job of electing your candidate. This is too funny, blaming others for your own fault.
Democrat, liberal both extremist. LOL nat... you picked a real whiny baby ass.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Democrat, liberal both extremist. LOL nat... you picked a real whiny baby ass.
And the republicans and tea party aren't extreme lol

Old 07-02-2014, 09:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
And the republicans and tea party aren't extreme lol
Therein lies the problem: Both sides are running to extremes these days. Both parties have managed to make themselves completely useless in my opinion. The squabble like toddlers fighting over the same toy. They're too busy bickering to actually get anything done. On both sides, the word "compromise" has become a huge taboo. Both sides want it their way or not at all, therefore nothing gets done -- and both sides are equally to blame.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Therein lies the problem: Both sides are running to extremes these days. Both parties have managed to make themselves completely useless in my opinion. The squabble like toddlers fighting over the same toy. They're too busy bickering to actually get anything done. On both sides, the word "compromise" has become a huge taboo. Both sides want it their way or not at all, therefore nothing gets done -- and both sides are equally to blame.
Yes, both sides are equally to blame. We have suffered so much because there is no compromise. So what is the solution. I'm at a loss.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:34 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Yes, both sides are equally to blame. We have suffered so much because there is no compromise. So what is the solution. I'm at a loss.
See if you can find a better place to live that will take you. If you do, please tell us.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
Quote:
My solution = fire both parties. The American people can do so, but they're so used to the two party system that I don't think they ever will. We'll just keep running in this clown car until it goes off a cliff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies