Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,517,565 times

Advertisements

New Video Alleges Planned Parenthood Used

Evil, but they want to shoot the messenger instead of cleaning up this horror.

It's all in a day's work for this woman and how she can increase the profits of the clinic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2016, 04:05 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

It's all in a day's work for this woman and how she can increase the profits of the clinic.
BS. They are subject to audit by the government and anybody who donates to them. If there were any creative accounting, it would be discovered by now.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-04-2016 at 04:33 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 02-04-2016, 04:07 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
New Video Alleges Planned Parenthood Used ‘Accounting Gimmicks’ to Hide Profit From Sale of Fetuses

New thread wishes Planned Parenthood was in the news for some other reason.

Second indicted activist in Planned Parenthood case turns himself in

Old 02-04-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
PP will be talked about more and more now that they are taking this to court.
And that's a good thing.
More women may be inclined to use their services.
Since, you know they're not all abortions.

Quote:
Not good for them.
You mean - not good for the clowns on trial.

Quote:
The grand jury cleared Planned Parenthood of misusing fetal tissue, opting instead to indict Daleiden and Merritt, who made the videos and are accused of using fake driver's licenses to get into a Houston clinic.
Quote:
Both Daleiden and Merritt, who are from California, were indicted Jan. 25 on a charge of tampering with a governmental record, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
Daleiden also was indicted on a misdemeanor count related to purchasing human organs that carries up to a year in prison.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:31 PM

IMO, PP brought this latest fiasco on themselves.

If the states would truly fund healthcare for low income folks, I'd be fine with UN funding PP. Let the folks who support them donate.

I am conflicted regarding who pays for birth control. I never used it. And I'm not sure that it is a health issue. Even though when I inquired about from my Dr., he said leave it alone and DH gets a vasectomy. I am conflicted about abortion after the 3 trimester. But, I am told by people who know, sometimes it is the best thing to do. My neice had to carry a baby all knew was dead until "Nature took its course" due to where she lived. IMO, the churches who teach birth control is a sin can support all their flock, not the USA taxpayer.

Abortion is a very personal thing. One size does not fit all. The government needs out of it. It is between a woman, her G-d, her Doctor and her family. I'm not ready to call every woman who had one a tramp or a *****. Both the sides fighting this issue need to find common ground and stop shooting folks they do not agree with.

My church teaches life begins at quickening.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Let me understand this, some right-wing group makes a phony video to incriminate PP and PP brought it on themselves? I guess should a bank gets robbed, they brought it on themselves for having money on hand.

Addressing the first post, the operative word is "alleged." The anti-abortion extremists have proven that their videos can't be taken at face value.

Old 02-04-2016, 04:55 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,469,695 times
Quote:

I double dog dare you to explain the "gotcha" in that video. Can you explain this claimed "Accounting Gimmick to Hide Profit From Sale of Fetuses"?

Old 02-04-2016, 05:00 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

If the states would truly fund healthcare for low income folks, I'd be fine with UN funding PP. Let the folks who support them donate.

I am conflicted regarding who pays for birth control. I never used it. And I'm not sure that it is a health issue. Even though when I inquired about from my Dr., he said leave it alone and DH gets a vasectomy. I am conflicted about abortion after the 3 trimester. But, I am told by people who know, sometimes it is the best thing to do. My neice had to carry a baby all knew was dead until "Nature took its course" due to where she lived. IMO, the churches who teach birth control is a sin can support all their flock, not the USA taxpayer.

Abortion is a very personal thing. One size does not fit all. The government needs out of it. It is between a woman, her G-d, her Doctor and her family. I'm not ready to call every woman who had one a tramp or a *****. Both the sides fighting this issue need to find common ground and stop shooting folks they do not agree with.

My church teaches life begins at quickening.
You don't want to fund birth control but you're willing to fund the outcome of not having birth control, seems penny wise and dollar foolish.

If PP went away tomorrow there would still be abortions, there were abortions before Roe v. Wade and there will continue to abortions if the SCOTUS decision was changed. The focus should be on preventing unwanted pregnancies, you are addressing the symptom not the disease and it's a shame because no one wants people to have abortions.

Old 02-04-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I double dog dare you to explain the "gotcha" in that video. Can you explain this claimed "Accounting Gimmick to Hide Profit From Sale of Fetuses"?
<<<< crickets>>>>>>

Old 02-04-2016, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Let me understand this, some right-wing group makes a phony video to incriminate PP and PP brought it on themselves? I guess should a bank gets robbed, they brought it on themselves for having money on hand.

Addressing the first post, the operative word is "alleged." The anti-abortion extremists have proven that their videos can't be taken at face value.
It has been my up close and personal experience that PP has been in the trenches for at least 60 years fighting within the anti abortion folks. They should have seen this coming a mile away. The employees who went to lunch and got sucked in by these zealots should have been trained the first day on the payroll to look out for chit like this.

My daughter had a medical problem . Her dr was very close to DH work so he took her to the dr quarterly. Those anti abortion people were picketing and assaulting people 50 years ago at her dr office building due to abortion provider being in the building. Daughter would cling to her dad and plead, oh daddy, don't make me do this quarterly for 3 years. The antis will never see another POV. Never.

Anybody with half a brain knows it. When the anti folks think it is ok to shoot people they see as going against the will of whatever God they believe in, it is instructive.

In the 50+ years I have been following this and giving money to PP, etc. nobody has ever tried to find common ground. IMO, it is as bad as the NRA telling us we are all entitled to have a rocket launcher in the back yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies