Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2013, 10:42 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
Many gays adopt children and expose them to the above.
Many gays adopt children and expose them to love and security and nurturing and the knowledge that they have parents who will always be there for them - unlike the heterosexual pieces of crap who brought them into the world, only to abuse, neglect, and abandon them.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Well I guess one could call it progress that in 2013 we can get to page 27 before nambla appears.

Dumb assertion by the way. Ignorant. Silly. Etc.
Not silly at all..

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States that works to abolish age of consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors,[2][3] and for the release of all men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion.[2][4] Some reports state that the group no longer has regular national meetings, and that as of the late 1990s, to avoid local police infiltration, the organization discouraged the formation of local chapters.[4][5] Around 1995, an undercover detective discovered that there were 1,100 people on the rolls.[4] As of 2005, a newspaper report stated that NAMBLA was based in New York and San Francisco, and held an annual gathering in New York City and monthly meetings around the country.[4]
NAMBLA has been defended by poet and rights advocate Allen Ginsberg[6][7] and gay rights activist Harry Hay.[8]

Goals and positionsNAMBLA's website states that it is a political, civil rights, and educational organization whose goal is to end "the extreme oppression of men and boys in mutually consensual relationships."[9] According to the NAMBLA, some of the organization's primary positions are:

Old 02-27-2013, 10:43 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Really? What is that definition?
Its not two guys snuggling up in front of the youngsters or suggesting they do... Does everything have to be explained..?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazzer View Post
the integrity of the society an individual lives and participates " is part of their individualism" sheesh
You seem to be fond of telling others to "get a grip" Exactly what does that mean? Society has other issues to be concerned about other than the personal, behind closed doors, private lives of others that are not up close and personally affecting them. I have no idea what many of my neighbors are doing in their homes and bedrooms..nor do I care as long as it is not DIRECTLY affecting me. Appears that bible thumping is synnomous with being a busybody.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 02-27-2013 at 11:04 AM..

Old 02-27-2013, 10:47 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You seem to be fond of telling others to "get a grip" Exactly what does that mean? Society has other issues to be concerned about other than the personal, behind closed doors, private lives of others that are not close up and personally affecting them. I have no idea what many of my neighbors are doing in their hoomes and bedrooms..nor do I care as long as it is not DIRECTLY affecting me. Appears that bible thumping is synnomous with being a busybody.

oh...so now its left at, what others do behind closed doors, anything else or is that it..?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You seem to be fond of telling others to "get a grip" Exactly what does that mean? Society has other issues to be concerned about other than the personal, behind closed doors, private lives of others that are not close up and personally affecting them. I have no idea what many of my neighbors are doing in their hoomes and bedrooms..nor do I care as long as it is not DIRECTLY affecting me. Appears that bible thumping is synnomous with being a busybody.
So why are you promoting homosexuality on City-data?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:48 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Not silly at all..

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) .....copy and paste from Wiki...
Yay, you can copy and paste from Wiki. I am well aware what nambla is. The question is what does the organization have to do with marriage equality? And you forgot to copy and paste the part where every LGBTQ organization has vehemently opposed nambla.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:49 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
Because I don't accept nor endorse sex between same genders doesn't make me intolerant or a bigot.
Yes, it does.

And, no, you don't have to "endorse" same gender sex but you sure as hell have to "accept" that marriage equality IS becoming the law.

Your intolerance and your bigotry isn't going to change that fact and you DO have to accept what is law.

Don't like same sex marriage? Then don't marry someone of the same sex. See how easy that is?

But you sure as hell don't get to demand that others, who do want to marry someone of the same sex, not get to - at least in the states it is legal in and all the other states it will be legal in soon as well.

Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,054,063 times
Quote:
If you teach them to respect the life choices of others, in essence, you're telling them that they should respect the pedophile, murderer/criminal and everything else under the sun, because after all, these are all "life choices," whether you believe it or not.

I'm not a deeply religious person, but I do believe in God. Belief in my view, is not about following whatever some preacher says, it's about really trying to get an understanding of my purpose and the ultimate purpose of life. While examining these issues, I discovered that we, as humans have free will. I also discovered that for every action, there's a reaction and a consequence.

I think you mistook my objection to homosexual activity as being intolerant, when in essence, I simply disagree with the lifestyle. Again, I put it on the same level of anything else that I don't like, such as pedophiles, those who cheat, steal etc.

It's not the people, it's their actions that can't be trusted.

My children will learn that all people are not equal, because there is a difference between a person who follows the heard or does whatever they desire, and one who has a moral compass and exhibits discipline.

A person who is a liar is NOT equal to a person who speaks the truth, just as a person who commits crime is NOT equal to a person who doesn't. I don't believe race, gender or national origin play any role in determining behaviors, but I do believe socialization plays a key role.

There's also a difference between hating just to hate, and hating actions or behaviors because you deem it as wrong.

My children will be raised to think critically about each issue. If as an adult, they believe that homosexuality is fine, so be it. As a parent, I would feel very comfortable and confident that I did my job, because I am simply responsible to love and support them, and teach them right from wrong. Once I've done that, I have to let them go out into the world, and discover life for themselves.

I would only feel guilty if I didn't give them the necessary resources and information to make informed decisions.
When people like you quit saying that gay people are no better than murderers,
"pedophiles, those who cheat, steal etc.", etc then maybe we will respect your opinion...but until you do why should I respect an opinion that places me on the same level of pedophiles. liars, cheaters, murderers, etc?

What actions cannot be trusted?

I'll ask again, why would gay people want to destroy the "moral fabric of society", and were is that proof that gay people just want to screw each other?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 AM

734 posts, read 932,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The definition of family is known . The government wants to dictate what the definition is. Will nambla want one man one boy in the future to be a family?
Yes, they most certainly will. Let's not forget that this was a common practice in both ancient Rome and Greece. Pretty soon these same people (with the right indoctrination) will be arguing, stop discriminating against that man who wants a boy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies