Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:43 PM

734 posts, read 932,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And whose rights are we trying to restrict or to deny?
You are restricting the rights of people who do not agree with your stance concerning marriage, whether you realize it or not. Because what you are trying to do is redefine marriage for the entire population. I've noticed that many who support gay marriage, have NO regard for the religious beliefs of others, nor do they respect the fact that everyone has a right to define what is right and what is wrong.

Quote:
I'll be the first to admit that I am not particularly tolerant of hateful bigots.
You do not appear to be tolerant of any opinion that goes against your own.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly1224 View Post
It doesn't matter if it's all hypothetical. Children should not be mentioned at all. End of story.
So hypothetical children shouldn't be mentioned as you yourself write about "children." Ok. Do you have any other rules you want to impose on us?

The mods are probably going to delete those posts anyway. We don't need you policing this forum. Thanks. Plus you already have your hands full policing the bedrooms of consenting adults.

Quote:
I notice something about those who support gay marriage. Most shout and scream about bigots, but some of you are the worst hypocrites, because you have no regard for other people's rights.
Really? What right is being denied to you through anal sex by same or different sex people? What right is being denied to you by two people of the same sex going down to the courthouse to get a marriage license that allows them to enjoy the same federal and state privileges as two people of the different sex?

Hey, your church doesn't want to perform same-sex marriages. Have at it! I totally support a church's right to make that decision regarding its RELIGIOUS ceremonies.

Quote:
Also, many of you have no understanding of the meaning of tolerance.
Intolerant of intolerance manifest in civil practices and those that support this intolerance? Absolutely!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 11:45 PM

334 posts, read 450,970 times
Quote:
You fail to understand that sane people do not want others providing hypothetical examples of them having any sexual contact with children. Anyone in their right mind would be outraged by his "example."

He should leave children out of these discussions.
Then why are you and him the only ones that seem upset by it?

Here ya go:
(A) “Sexual conduct” means vaginal intercourse between a male and female; anal intercourse, fellatio, and cunnilingus between persons regardless of sex; and, without privilege to do so, the insertion, however slight, of any part of the body or any instrument, apparatus, or other object into the vaginal or anal opening of another. Penetration, however slight, is sufficient to complete vaginal or anal intercourse.
(B) “Sexual contact” means any touching of an erogenous zone of another, including without limitation the thigh, genitals, buttock, pubic region, or, if the person is a female, a breast, for the purpose of sexually arousing or gratifying either person.
(C) “Sexual activity” means sexual conduct or sexual contact, or both.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,252,137 times
Quote:
You are restricting the rights of people who do not agree with your stance concerning marriage, whether you realize it or not. Because what you are trying to do is redefine marriage for the entire population. I've noticed that many who support gay marriage, have NO regard for the religious beliefs of others, nor do they respect the fact that everyone has a right to define what is right and what is wrong.
And how will it affect you and your life if Debbie and Susan get married? Or Bruce and Jack?

Seriously, what specifically will happen to your world if two people of the same sex make a loving - and legal - commitment to each other?

Please be specific in your answer.

Quote:
You do not appear to be tolerant of any opinion that goes against your own.
Pot........meet kettle.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 PM

734 posts, read 932,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And how will it affect you and your life if Debbie and Susan get married? Or Bruce and Jack?

Seriously, what specifically will happen to your world if two people of the same sex make a loving - and legal - commitment to each other?

Please be specific in your answer.

Pot........meet kettle.
So let me get this straight, homosexuals should be able to redefine marriage without any opposition, from those who believe in God's teachings and want to preserve marriage for man and woman!

If you don't see that this is the epitome of arrogance and intolerance, then something is deeply wrong. I'm done.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:54 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
So let me get this straight, homosexuals should be able to redefine marriage without any opposition,
We believe in equality in this country when it comes to rights and privileges, although it can sometimes take a while to realize this in actual practice due to people's dogmatic thinking. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable some place like Iran where religion dictates government practices and sanctions inequality?

Quote:
from those who believe in God's teachings and want to preserve marriage for man and woman!
You can. In your CHURCH.

Quote:
If you don't see that this is the epitome of arrogance and intolerance, then something is deeply wrong.
It's not. What is arrogant is forcing your religious beliefs on others.

Quote:
I'm done.
Nightie night.

Old 03-01-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
So let me get this straight, homosexuals should be able to redefine marriage without any opposition, from those who believe in God's teachings and want to preserve marriage for man and woman!

If you don't see that this is the epitome of arrogance and intolerance, then something is deeply wrong. I'm done.
You really should find something else to get your panties in a twist over.

Besides, the tide is turning and there is nothing you can do about it.

I guess all I can suggest to you is that if you are opposed to same sex marriage, then don't marry someone of the same sex.

If you don't want to call what that same sex couple next door have a "marriage," then don't. But just remember, if they walk out of their county courthouse with that marriage license, they DO get to call it a marriage, regardless of what you want to call it.

And you're just going to have to get over it. Don't like it? Fine. That is your RIGHT. But it's happening and you can't stop it.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:07 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,424,834 times
Are we really debating what is and isn't a sexual act? I thought that was something teenagers did to lie to themselves and everyone else. Oral sex and anal sex et all isn't sex? Go out and do it then go home to tell your spouse. See how well that idea goes over.

I don't care what those opposed to gay marriage believe or want. It doesn't bother me at all. It's when they try to take their beliefs and impose them upon my life I have an issue.

And for pity's sake, can we stop preaching about what God did or did not intend in the glorious sanctity of marriage? It loses something when those preaching it aren't beating a drum to have the divorce laws changed or the marriage laws either for that matter.

No one has ever gone out and picketed Las Vegas to try and force them to change their marriage laws no matter how many quickie marriages of theirs end within 24 hours. But people sure turn out in droves to protest and or try to prevent gay marriage. Until those of you vocally against gay marriage apply the same standards to straight marriage, your protests will continue to be lacking.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:29 AM

630 posts, read 1,264,971 times
The stridently anti gay activists definitely seemed to be intimately focused on gay sex practices, and it makes me wonder why they are so fascinated by it....

watch at your own risk

African Pastor Explains Gay Poo-Poo Eating - YouTube

Old 03-02-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
The stridently anti gay activists definitely seemed to be intimately focused on gay sex practices, and it makes me wonder why they are so fascinated by it....

watch at your own risk

African Pastor Explains Gay Poo-Poo Eating - YouTube
Oh....my....god.........

I'm thinking that pastor's issues aren't really about same sex marriage nearly as much as they are about his own fetish with eating pooh-pooh.

To be honest, I got the impression that he was "getting off" on talking about that.

Holy moly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies