Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 11:52 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,210,658 times

Advertisements

In just a few short years, mostly thanks to the millennial generation, America is becoming a center-left to leftist country. Obama is possibly the most beloved sitting President in all history, truly a celebrity to the highest degree. On the other hand, young people are completely and totally disgusted by conservative values especially on social issues. Conservatives have completely lost the culture war. The future for America is very gay and atheist and very unfriendly to anybody who openly champions Christianity or the nuclear family. Whether you believe that is a good thing or not is beside the point, its the truth and Americans are going to have to live with it or leave the country.

Anybody who doesn't support Obama, whatever the truth may be, is regarded by most young Americans are blabbering redneck trailer trash who hates blacks. I think we are looking at 20-30 years before somebody from a party other than the Democrats occupy the White House and in the next few election cycles Democrats will lock in a super majority in Congress that will last just as long.

When the time is right, a new party will rise up to challenge the Democrats. Lets hope the Constitution makes it long enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 11:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,788,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
In just a few short years, mostly thanks to the millennial generation, America is becoming a center-left to leftist country. Obama is possibly the most beloved sitting President in all history, truly a celebrity to the highest degree. On the other hand, young people are completely and totally disgusted by conservative values especially on social issues. Conservatives have completely lost the culture war. The future for America is very gay and atheist and very unfriendly to anybody who openly champions Christianity or the nuclear family.

Anybody who doesn't support Obama, whatever the truth may be, is regarded by most young Americans are blabbering redneck trailer trash who hates blacks. I think we are looking at 20-30 years before somebody from a party other than the Democrats occupy the White House and in the next few election cycles Democrats will lock in a super majority in Congress that will last just as long.

When the time is right, a new party will rise up to challenge the Democrats. Lets hope the Constitution makes it long enough.
I really doubt all of that.
It would not surprise to see the next president be a democrat but the house will remain conservative and the senate will remain close to equally split.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:11 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,426,844 times
I think the Republican Party will notice these changes and make adjustments.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,449,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think the Republican Party will notice these changes and make adjustments.
Or they will realize that changes aren't permanent and that when the people see that liberal policies don't work in the longterm, they will begin voting Republican again. You can't run deficits forever.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,358,978 times
The bottom feeders are going to be the ones that kill this country, and the stupid democraps have enabled them.
Only an idiot like a lib would sit around and bawl about some ice caps and glaciers while encouraging this country to continue circling the drain.
Libs hate their kids.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:23 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,426,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Or they will realize that changes aren't permanent and that when the people see that liberal policies don't work in the longterm, they will begin voting Republican again. You can't run deficits forever.
I was talking about the changes mentioned in the O.P, high support for gay marriage, growth of atheism.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:26 AM

29,095 posts, read 25,938,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Obama is possibly the most beloved sitting President in all history.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:27 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,427,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I was talking about the changes mentioned in the O.P, high support for gay marriage, growth of atheism.
Are you of the opinion that these trends are good for America?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:29 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,428,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Too bad they couldn't focus on the economy and leave the social conservatism in the freezer.

[GOP leftovers]

Old 02-27-2013, 12:30 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,953,815 times
Yeah and you tools were screaming the same thing in the nineties. More evidence liberalism is a mental disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies