Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Why is it called stealing when rich people are taxed but it's called having skin in the game when poor people are taxed?

Why is it called a loophole when a rich person takes advantage of it but it's called gaming the system when a poor person does it. Why do they say good for him when the rich person does it but they say he should be prosecuted when a poor person does it?

Why is it ok for the company to want as much money as they can get but if the unions wants a raise they're accused of being greedy?
Ok;so the top ten per cent have 70% of the skin in the game.Satisfied;OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what they should do is one flat tax across the board for everyone, including illegals....it is high time they to start paying their fair share....

but one flat tax for everyone, and a government that knows what they are doing, and how to financially stop pork barrel spending....

Bingo!

Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,284,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Stop playing by the typical liberal playbook with hyperbole, deflection, insults and twisting words! Do you or do you not deny that this is happening everyday in this country?

I get it. Anyone who disagrees with you and is automatically racist, hates women, hates gays, and by golly must be a Republican! Well guess what, I am not a Republican anymore than I am a Democrat, and in fact despise them for the damage that BOTH of them have caused this country, along with their corporate cronies!
You don't get it. I reject the whole basis your post. I thought I made that very clear. You are discussing a fictional woman there is nothing there.

You don't define life for complete strangers, and I won't have a discussion based on your definition of another life nor my ignorance of their lives.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM

88,778 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
How don't they?
They get bailed out by $1.03 trillion worth of means-tested (requires no/low-income to qualify) government social welfare spending, which is paid for by money confiscated by threat of imprisonment from someone else.
http://budget.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=34919307-6286-47ab-b114-2fd5bcedfeb5

Old 02-27-2013, 11:55 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
stop playing by the typical liberal playbook with hyperbole, deflection, insults and twisting words! Do you or do you not deny that this is happening everyday in this country?

I get it. Anyone who disagrees with you and is automatically racist, hates women, hates gays, and by golly must be a republican! Well guess what, i am not a republican anymore than i am a democrat, and in fact despise them for the damage that both of them have caused this country, along with their corporate cronies!
lol

Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,429,306 times
Here's a better one. Why is a semi-auto rifle called an assault rifle when in the hands of citizens but a full-auto rifle is called a Personal Defense Weapon when in the hands of the government?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They get bailed out by $1.03 trillion worth of means-tested (requires no/low-income to qualify) government social welfare spending, which is paid for by money confiscated by threat of imprisonment from someone else.
http://budget.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/files/serve/?File_id=34919307-6286-47ab-b114-2fd5bcedfeb5
First of those stats are an absolute fiction. It's accuracy has been debunked many times, but it is not surprising that a conservative would believe it.

Secondly, it doesn't at all answer the question I asked.

You wrote why shouldn't fictional people and complete strangers be responsible, and I asked how aren't they, and you produce a list of government programs. LOL

You are having a different discussion all together.

Your point is that you don't want the government to help certain Americans because you imagine they don't take responsibility for their lives. It is an absurd idea that you seem to believe that you would know this about millions of complete strangers LOL.

Again why you and conservatives generally think your hatred and irrational feelings about the lives of complete strangers should dictate government policy is pathetic.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:06 PM

88,778 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
First of those stats are an absolute fiction. It's accuracy has been debunked many times
It's a Congressional Research Service report. It's never been debunked.

Quote:
Your point is that you don't want the government to help certain Americans because you imagine they don't take responsibility for their lives.
I imagine nothing. Why does the welfare-dependent class have a birth rate 3 times higher than everyone else when they DAMN WELL KNOW they CAN'T afford to support the children they bear?

Old 02-27-2013, 12:08 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,959,798 times
Quote:
You don't get it. I reject the whole basis your post. I thought I made that very clear. You are discussing a fictional woman there is nothing there.

You don't define life for complete strangers, and I won't have a discussion based on your definition of another life nor my ignorance of their lives.

More hyperbole. Denial is not a river in Egypt you know. No indeed I do get it. The truth hurts.

Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's a Congressional Research Service report. It's never been debunked.

I imagine nothing. Why does the welfare-dependent class have a birth rate 3 times higher than everyone else when they DAMN WELL KNOW they CAN'T afford to support the children they bear?
LOL commisioned by Jeff Sessions. Again the information in that report has been debunked.

You are imagining. That is what this whole discussion is about.

Please deal with reality.

In 2010, there were 308million Americans 114million American households and the US Federal budget was 3.55trillion

There are 2million families(1.75% of all families) in 2010 receiving TANF otherwise known as welfare. Total federal spending on TANF was 7billion(.197% of the federal budget). That works out to $3,500 federal dollars per YEAR per family.

There were 8.9 million(2.9% of the population) on wic in 2010, those infants, toddlers, and pregnant mothers collectively received 6.6billion dollars( .186% of the federal budget)

That comes out to spending $741 per baby, infant, and pregnant mom for a YEAR.

There are 3.3million families(2.9% of families) on Section vouchers. The program in total costs 15billion dollars( .42% of the federal budget).

Food Stamps there are like 42.2million( 13.7% of the population using food stamps). The program spent 65billion(1.8% of the federal budget) in 2010

These programs are small the spending on them amounts for a small percentage of the federal budget and the people in those programs are a very small percentage of the population.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies