Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
The sequester was supposed to force a compromise deal, but a deal wasn't reached. Watching republicans play the blame game instead of compromising shows they are the ones interested in politics.

Whatever the the GOP accuses Obama of doing, theyre doing. It's all projection.
0bama forced sequestration down everyone's throat. 0bama wanted to twist arms and brow beat republicans into raising taxes again. The man is irresponsible, he did nothing to prepare for the possibility that he would have to make those cuts.

Here we are, in a real pickle, all because of this idiot of a president thought he could bluff the republicans. Then he spent the last two weeks vilifying republicans, burning all his bridges to any future compromise.

At least 0bama could have sent out Biden to go into the gutter for him. I've never seen a president as vindictive and disgusting as 0bama has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
0bama forced sequestration down everyone's throat. 0bama wanted to twist arms and brow beat republicans into raising taxes again. The man is irresponsible, he did nothing to prepare for the possibility that he would have to make those cuts.

Here we are, in a real pickle, all because of this idiot of a president thought he could bluff the republicans. Then he spent the last two weeks vilifying republicans, burning all his bridges to any future compromise.

At least 0bama could have sent out Biden to go into the gutter for him. I've never seen a president as vindictive and disgusting as 0bama has been.
So what IS the problem? Republicans want spending cuts - they are going to get them because they refuse to deal.

Ya'll should be jumping up and down. I saw another thread where most of you doing exactly that - over the thought of government sector employees having to take a furlough.

Enjoy!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:24 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
So what IS the problem? Republicans want spending cuts - they are going to get them because they refuse to deal.

Ya'll should be jumping up and down. I saw another thread where most of you doing exactly that - over the thought of government sector employees having to take a furlough.

Enjoy!
Of course the left wing media wouldn't report that the repubs put other cuts on the table, cuts that the government could stand to take but those cuts proposals were tabled and ignored. Of course that is not reported by MSM and other left wing media news channels. They want to keep you in aahhh of Obama. So yes, the repubs are taking letting the cuts take place because they refuse to let Obama raise taxes again and especially since Obama said he would veto any legislation to stop sequester.

Last edited by petch751; 02-27-2013 at 06:35 PM..

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Enjoy!
So here is a video of his flip flop.

Obama said there are those who are trying to undo the automatic spending cuts and the answer is NO. I will veto it.

Then he flops and said that in 10 days from now if the cuts go through it will hurt the economy. So that is the flip flop.

Obama knows that his raising taxes on the American people will hurt the economy and when the cuts take place he is not only going to try to blame it on sequestration but also the republicans. Obamas plan is so transparent it is pathetic that his cult following can not see it. But then again, MSM will make sure they don't know.

People are you so easy to manipulate?

Obama calls on GOP to stop sequestration, after he demanded it!?? - YouTube

Old 02-27-2013, 06:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
As if his chicken little act didnt influence some of those low information people who were polled.....
LOL... there it is. The "low information voter" insult. But I guess when you have nothing else going for you a generalized non-specific smear is as good a futile gesture as any other. After all, being a total loser stings so much less when you can at least pretend you;re smarter than the guys who won. The cognitive dissonance that requires, though... well... we'll just let that hang there like a fart in an elevator. At least it makes you feel better. Now that you got that off your chest, back to the subject...

Like I have been saying. Obama has proven to be politically brilliant over these past several months, and of course part of that has been the public relations battle. Well... perhaps I overstate my case a little, since he really doesn't need to be all that brilliant to gain full advantage of the persistent tone deafness of his opposition. The Republican party has so completely lost touch with the American people that each time they open their mouths they alienate another swath of the voting public.

The failure of CPAC to invite Christie is a perfect example of how conservatives are doubling down on an extended era of political irrelevance. It is proof beyond measure of your inability to learn from your mistakes. If the election were re-held today, you would be beaten even more severely than you were last November. And if all you have to offer in four years are the Santorums and the Bachmans of the world (instead of the Christies and the Huntsmans), perhaps it might be time to accept that reaching for the Whitehouse is over reaching for the foreseeable future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11
Of course you would rely on that. Obama lied and you know it, and you know damn well that probably affected some of those polled on the matter.
Lied? Nonsense. Obama has simply proved again that he is smarter, more skilled a politician, more persuasive an advocate, and more effective a leader than anybody currently in the opposition. And threads like these are music to us on the left because they prove that you guys still are incompetent to respond effectively. You sound like fraternity pledges bending over and obsequiously begging, "Please sir, may I have another?"

For all of my political life (and I'm 57) I have never seen the American right wing so completely unmanned... and such pathetic whiners.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Like I have been saying. Obama has proven to be politically brilliant over these past several months, and of course part of that has been the public relations battle.
Oh you can say that again. Obama is brilliant in public relations. Hitler was a brilliant. Just like Hitler Obama is brilliant at getting people to believe what he wants them to believe.

Obama is good at lying, manipulating and just doesn't want you to know the truth. That is what public relations is... getting you to believe what they say.

And I bet if you buy that car no matter how ugly you are the women will swoon all over you. Those commercials are just public relations for the company advertising to sell you the car. Obama is doing the same thing. Believe him and you will live a life of luxury.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:16 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Sounds from your own description here like this President has proven to be a rather skilled negotiator. Get used to it.

The Republicans will fold again. The American people want them to, and their Defense Industry constituency will make them suffer if they don't get the sequester reversed.

I have absolutely no problem paying taxes.
Many are saying Boehner will be out if he caves this time. That is why he is so incensed.

You like to pay taxes? Great, then send more in this tax time. They will take it, I guarantee.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
It's Obama who is 'refusing to deal; he wants more tax increases on top of those he's already gotten, on top of the tons of them which are buried within Obamacare---upwards of 20 of them.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:46 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
He is doing exactly what he wants to do to make our country into a third world country. Pass the wealth around. Listen to what he says next time.
Oh, the poutrage.
Got any specific examples, or do you just hate him and don't need any specifics?

Get over it, the American voters gave him the lead for the next 4 years.

Old 02-27-2013, 11:54 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizjo View Post
I beg to differ. He won the election, but he did not have a mandate.
He won by 4 million votes.
4 million voters do matter.

So sorry that your candidate lost.
Perhaps more r's should have voted.

How many votes did Barack Obama win by in 2012
Returns for the 2012 presidential election showed President Obama leading the popular vote nationally with 62,610,003 tallies (or 50.6 percent) over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, who had 59,133,398 (or 47.9 percent).
Obama led with 332 electoral votes, while Romney trailed with 206.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies