Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2013, 01:41 AM

1,967 posts, read 1,310,161 times

Advertisements

Obama too often fails to lead.

I agree with the Republican criticism that President Obama too often fails to lead.
I gave up on the Democratic Party when they failed to discuss the federal budget and taxes on to the floors of both houses prior to the 2010 elections. Obama never publicly requested Harry Reid to bring it up for debate.

Regardless of Republican’s rights to filibuster, it was within Harry Reid’s power to force them to continuously explain and defend their position. Democrats gave the Republicans a free pass.
There was no point for Nancy Pelosi to bring the issues onto the floor of the house if the president and the majority leader of the senate, (her own party) wouldn’t strive to do their upmost.

In 2010 I voted for the Green Party’s congressional candidate. I wasn’t particularly opposed to her foreign policy opinions but our nation’s economy is my upmost concern and we do not share the same priorities. I will no longer vote for the lesser of two evils because the result is the election of an evil.

In 2011 Obama’s tone changed a few months prior to the general election. I wasn’t going to vote for a change of tone in the last quarter. There was no Green Party candidate; for the first time since 1959, I didn’t vote in the primary or the general election. The 2011 election results were no less than what the Democratic Party deserved.

The president has continued in the same tone, until the 2012 elections were approaching. I voted for the Green Party’s presidential candidate. He seemed to draw courage from the election results. He began making sounds suitable for a political party leader. Then the president made no public comment during negotiations between Harry Reid and Mitch McConnell, (the U.S. Senate’s majority and minority leaders).

They agreed there would be no more excessive employment of the senate filibuster rules; Reid also agreed not to modify those rules. The Democratic majority could possibly have voted that senators be required to physically hold the senate floor for the entire duration of their filibusters. The senate rules are only subject to change upon a single day within two years duration. Harry Reid accepted a hand shake agreement and I again was pleased that I did not vote for Democrats in 2012.

I have political opinions and do not expect a political party to match all of my positions. I will not support a party that doesn’t at least go in the general direction that I advocate. I’m old and will no longer tolerate a party that will not fully strive for something more than party members’ attaining and retaining government elected offices. I insist they strive for something more.

Respectfully, Supposn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 02:29 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,210,988 times
obama fails to lead because he is a follower and not a leader. why do you think he isnt leading now. anyone that considers themselves a leader can see it very easily.

obama the follower.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:00 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Thumbs up Obama; Leader of the Free World

Lead on, Mr President.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
When the MSM trumpets good news, it's due to Obama's astute leadership.
When the MSM reports bad news, the WH has no knowledge of it or points to the Republicans as being responsible for it.
At least the WH has stopped blaming Bush. Now it's the Republicans in Congress.

That's how it's been for the past 4 years and that's how it will be for the next 4 years.
Why anyone expects different is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies