Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 03:46 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
What? This doesn't make any sense. What are you trying to say.
A person that has an ongoing criminal or civil case is permitted to return here for the hearings, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
GOOD WORK. I suppose the next wise step would be to propose an act called Violence against human beings?

Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It is a disadvantage if you care about living in a society where equality is valued.

You thinking that something which helps only women isn't a disadvantage only proves what I've been saying all along, that you are a bigot.

Even if you say "it isn't a disadvantage to women" you are still a bigot - why would a mother want a special category that helped women if they were abused, but not her son?

And putting women in a special category of victim for the same sort of thing that can affect men, is disempowering them as individuals - saying if a man suffered this he'd be able to handle it, but you need special help - disadvantages women by instilling a sense of inherent weakness in them.

So only a person who did not care about victimized men even when they are members of their own family and who valued special privileges for women more than true equality for them would think this isn't a disadvantage.
Women are not treated equally. They're massacred at the hands of men. Next topic?

Old 03-04-2013, 06:00 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,650,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I would say this post is a great demonstration as to why the violence against women act is still necessary.

The poster thinks it's ok that outbursts occasionally 'manifest physically".

He also advocates death for any woman who collects child support for a child that is not hers in another thread.

I rest my case.
That poster is one of the very few I have on "Ignore", simply because he is so offensive.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
That poster is one of the very few I have on "Ignore", simply because he is so offensive.
I've come to the realization that he's disturbed. Quite a few on here are.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I would say this post is a great demonstration as to why the violence against women act is still necessary.

The poster thinks it's ok that outbursts occasionally 'manifest physically".

He also advocates death for any woman who collects child support for a child that is not hers in another thread.

I rest my case.
I advocate killing a woman who extorts child support out of a man with a child not genetically his. If a woman doesn't want to be killed, she shouldn't stoop that low. Not much good VAWA does for a dead woman.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
I advocate killing a woman who extorts child support out of a man with a child not genetically his. If a woman doesn't want to be killed, she shouldn't stoop that low. Not much good VAWA does for a dead woman.
I'm telling you, your posts must be on the list of 'most viewed' at the NSA.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
After a year-long delay, the House finally voted 286-138 to pass the Violence Against Women Act. The newly passed legislation creates and expands federal programs to assist local communities with law enforcement and aiding victims of domestic and sexual abuse.

Originally passed in 1994 and reauthorized since, the act provides support for organizations that serve male or female domestic violence victims. On average, three women a day die at the hands of their husbands or boyfriends. Apparently 138 Republicans don't think that's a problem.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/us...anted=all&_r=0
How is this going to change that? Wasn't murder already illegal?

Old 03-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How is this going to change that? Wasn't murder already illegal?
What is the disadvantage for women in having the VAWA? I still can't get an answer from anyone against it. I'm waiting for a response.

Old 03-04-2013, 08:35 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,262,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What is the disadvantage for women in having the VAWA? I still can't get an answer from anyone against it. I'm waiting for a response.
The disadvantage is that it does not treat all victims equally, address violence and increases the woman's risk of homicide when they are in a violent relationship. It does seem to decrease the man's risk of dying so it isn't an entirely horrible bill. The opposition to this particular bill was additions that granted visa's to non-citizens, jurisdictional changes relating to crimes on native American land, changes in the definition of abuse, and a few other changes that have already been addressed earlier in the thread. When republicans introduced versions or amended acts that attempted to address fraud, duplicate programs, constitutional jurisdiction, false accusations, and program effectiveness they are usually voted down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies