Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 09:16 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Headline Joe needs to start doing his own job and quit grandstanding. Thousands of felony warrants still unserved, hundreds of sex abuse/rape cases uninvestigated, and he wants to put "illegals" in pink undies? Get off the podium, Joe, you've got your own work to do!

Yeah, monkeys might fly out of my butt before he does his job, but I can dream.

yeah you are correct on that point, monkeys will fly out of your butt before obama will do his job. but we can all dream that maybe one day obama will actually do his job, but somehow I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 09:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Good for Joe!

Old 02-28-2013, 09:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
His constituents are scared old white people in gated communities. .
You sure don't know about population statistics

Old 02-28-2013, 10:14 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,965,668 times
I love that guy. It may be a good resolution since Big Sis has indicated she now regrets releasing the immigrants.

Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Headline Joe needs to start doing his own job and quit grandstanding. Thousands of felony warrants still unserved, hundreds of sex abuse/rape cases uninvestigated, and he wants to put "illegals" in pink undies? Get off the podium, Joe, you've got your own work to do!

Yeah, monkeys might fly out of my butt before he does his job, but I can dream.
One only has to read the 1st comment below the article to get this -
Quote:
Now go back and check to see which felony warrants were actually ISSUED as a result of MCSO investigations, which would give you a more fair idea of how many warrants the Sheriff's Office actually has. Your statement that "It is not the sole agency responsible for serving those warrants" is more true than your story leads one to believe. This is the case in every county in Arizona, the Sheriff's office in that county holds the warrants, because they run the jails. But, they don't serve them and shouldn't be blamed or held responsible for their high number. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of those warrants belong to the Phoenix Police. And Penzone knows that and is merely using numbers and "fuzzy math" to make Arpaio look bad. Not saying anything good or bad about Arpairo, but fair is fair, and Penzone is just playing politics here. Shame on him

Old 03-01-2013, 02:03 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,023,413 times
Why does anybody care what some redneck, hillbilly sheriff in Arizona says?

Old 03-01-2013, 02:15 AM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,897 times
I'm sure the tax payers of Maricopa County are delighted at the thought, too. Nothing like having to pay incarceration costs for a few thousand illegals dumped on your city and county by the Federal Government by invitation from the local sheriff. What else does Sheriff Arpaio do? Light his farts with hundred dollar bills taken from county funds?

Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post

Why so racist?

Old 03-01-2013, 07:04 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,279,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Because they agree with him, and they are afraid. Arizona has a very high population of Hispanics (big surprise), and many of the people with irrational fear of people who are different assume that they are all illegal. I've heard it many times in restaurants - "Why do they hire illegals?" Well, why do they assume that every Hispanic is an illegal? shrugs Just look at the foaming-at-the-mouth responses to my earlier posts.

If they really want to crack down on illegal immigration - which is basically a paperwork offense - then they need to make and enforce real laws on employers. Big fines, removal of licenses, regular inspections, the whole works. Because, let me tell you, if there is no opportunity, there will be less reason to come here. The threat of pink underwear for the illegal immigrants is not much of a deterrent. I'd rather states spent the money on more effective means of addressing the problem.

Headline Joe is not a solution. He is part of the problem.

Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
You do know that the tens of thousands of citizens in Maricopa County believe Sheriff Joe is doing his job and are satisfied with him? That is why he was just reelected to a unprecedented 6th term.!!
Do you have any figure as to how many illegal aliens will be released through DHS, how many Sheriff Joe could accept, and what that additional cost would be to the residents of Maricopa County?

Has Sheriff Joe's plan been OKed by the county commissioners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies