Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times

Advertisements

Conservatives are NOT lying. They believe everything their priests (Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and others) tell them and that they tell us. They also believe in all of the policies presented by their political leaders.

Conservatives are NOT LYING. They are Hallucinating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,750,216 times
It's not a lie if you believe it. - George Costanza

Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM

24,371 posts, read 22,982,365 times
You had to laugh at how they attacked Woodward for breaking ranks and quickly jumped on him like jackals. Now its all a bunch of lies. Its an old trick, accuse your enemy of doing exactly what you do.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,683,804 times
Default Fear mongering

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm not sure I would say they lie all the time. They do, but I see them stretching the truth & fear mongering. More so than that though, they've become mean. I see it from people on this forum as well. Just nasty responses, views that one could only call jerkish (yes, I made that word up). I don't know why they're so mean but all I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a conservative.
Here is a recent interesting article that cites more than one scientific study showing that fearful people tend to be more politically conservative. It may explain why the Republican party relies more heavily on fear mongering. But don't put it past the Democrats to do the same thing. In 1964 Senator Barry Goldwater ran for president against Lyndon Johnson. The Democrats ran TV commercials showing the image of an atomic bomb exploding and saying something to the effect "We can't take a chance on Goldwater." Then again, it was a day and age when both parties had conservatives and liberals in their ranks. The polarization is now complete

This article shows the scientific evidence related to our political leanings. It does not mean all conservatives are fearful. Read the whole article to get a grasp of additional studies that verify the same thing.

Quote:
First, in the American Journal of Political Science, a team of researchers including Peter Hatemi of Penn State University and Rose McDermott of Brown University studied the relationship between our deep-seated tendencies to experience fear—tendencies that vary from person to person, partly for reasons that seem rooted in our genes—and our political beliefs. What they found is that people who have more fearful disposition also tend to be more politically conservative, and less tolerant of immigrants and people of races different from their own.
The Surprising Brain Differences Between Democrats and Republicans | Mother Jones

History bears out that it is fearful people who establish despots---Hitler and Mussolini (both well known for lying) being the most prominent in the past century. Despots are frequently known for their "bluntness" (IMO Republicans tend to be much more blunt) as opposed to being more politically tactful in their statements. That's not to say conservatives lie more, but it is an example of lying right wingers who were into fear mongering. And both the left and the right have seen their share of despots.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 03-01-2013 at 09:23 AM..

Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 AM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
I see the Woodward thread was deleted after it was shown to be much to do over nothing.
Dammit, they actually did that. Consigned to the memory hole. Never happened. That does it, I'm out of here.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:23 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,935,657 times
Who are these people, and why do their names keep cropping up? "Hannity", "Beck" "Limbaugh"...
I see the names, but I never listen to them, and have no idea what they stand for.
I suppose, though, if Demoncraps have such an intense dislike and fear of them, they can't be all bad!
As for why Repugnicans lie, it should be no surprise to any moderately intelligent person. ALL politicians lie. It is one of the immutable laws of the Universe! In order to be an effective politician, you must be able to tell lies and make promises that you have no intention of keeping with a straight face.
"How can you tell that a politician is lying? His lips are moving!"
The people, of course, follow the lead of their favorite politicians by spreading the lies as truths, while those of us who are Independents ignore the vile spewing of the talking heads, and laugh at all of them!
And cry for our beloved country.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,080,845 times
"If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop telling the truth about them".
Adlai E. Stevenson

...and that was said when the party was actually Republicans and not yet hijacked by nuts and extremists.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:29 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,934,674 times
A liberal calling others liars? Now that is priceless. LMAO.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:32 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
I see the Woodward thread was deleted after it was shown to be much to do over nothing. We've seen a pattern among American conservatives to tell lie after lie, and then when one is exposed, start a new one. Why are conservatives so intent on lying to make a point these days? Is it due to the Fox News effect, or something more? Will the next Republican presidential ticket follow a similar path of Romney/Ryan, and tell lie after lie in order to try and get elected?

Discuss.
What lie? The FACT is that the WH made a comment meant to shut down debate. I know libs have decided to the contrary, but the REAL purpose of a FREE press is to keep our government honest. That's why there is Freedom of the Press.

Any attempt to silence the press is criminal. That includes veiled threats, "suggestions" to change their story, implications of retaliation (as in "you will regret), and attacks made in an attempt to discredit the journalist.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 AM

602 posts, read 572,661 times
Quote:
I see the Woodward thread was deleted after it was shown to be much to do over nothing. We've seen a pattern among American conservatives to tell lie after lie, and then when one is exposed, start a new one. Why are conservatives so intent on lying to make a point these days? Is it due to the Fox News effect, or something more? Will the next Republican presidential ticket follow a similar path of Romney/Ryan, and tell lie after lie in order to try and get elected?

Discuss.

Why are liberals so addicted to stereotyping? (you see what I did there?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies