Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 12:42 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarian View Post
That's true! Just the other day, Kathleen Sibelius was seen wandering around the plaza in front of the Hubert Humphrey building, hair all mussed, an empty burger wrapper flapping in her grip, muttering in confusion at her Blackberry.

And apparently Kerry caused great confusion among the Arab interpreters when he met the head of the Arab League and began the conversation by speaking in tongues.

Utter chaos, I tell you.
ICE releasing thousands of criminal illegal aliens in a panic over the sequester, is an administration in chaos.

“All I can say is look, we’re doing our very best to minimize the impacts of sequester,” Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said in a press briefing Monday. “But there’s only so much I can do. I’m supposed to have 34,000 detention beds for immigration. How do I pay for those?”

White House press secretary Jay Carney said the decision was made by Immigration and Customs Enforcement "without any input from the White House."

Napolitano is caught absolutely flatfooted by the actions of ICE, because everyone in 0bama's admin ignored compliance with the sequester. Negligence in this admin was systemic, from 0bama on down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 PM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
So the White House and any individual working there is not entitled to free speech? Is that what you're saying?
Your position is that it's okay for our country's presidential administration to threaten individual citizens at will? How very tyrannical and despotic of you.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
I give Obama a lot of credit! He is sticking to his guns, and not braking down under pressure from the republicans, because they don't think they should pay higher taxes. The tax breaks given by the Bush administration were suppose to be temporary, something the republicans have a hard time understanding. Bush is responsible for 9 trillion dollars of debt caused from to major wars, while giving tax breaks to the rich: this has never been done in history, to lower taxes during war. Boehner, McConnell, Cantor are determined to keep taxes low for the rich, this is their primary reason for staying in office, to preserve tax breaks. They don't care about any other issue. Grover Norquist has been key in making republicans pledge to never raise taxes regardless of the consequences. Republicans are the enemy, and they will dig their own grave.

There is nothing more dishonorable than what the republicans are doing.
Except that 0bama agreed that he would not ask for tax increases in place of sequester cuts. But then the left does not expect their president to be man of honor.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:46 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your position is that it's okay for our country's presidential administration to threaten individual citizens at will? How very tyrannical and despotic of you.
Lie quietly in a dark room with a cool cloth on your head for a while. The swoon will pass.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
ICE releasing thousands of criminal illegal aliens in a panic over the sequester, is an administration in chaos.
Yep.

It would have been FAR more prudent and safer for the American people for the Obama Admin to take across-the-board pay cuts.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:47 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,273,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
I have never understood what prompted people to vote in 2008 for Obama. Based on his history, he was enormously unqualified to be President. I would like to think that when people vote, they look at what a politician has done, absolutely not what he's saying, as they will all say whatever it takes to get elected.

I suspect, had Obama been a white male from Chicago with two years experience in the Senate, voting Present most of the time, he wouldn't have even gotten into the primary. I have nothing personally against Barak Obama as I think he's a good person, just not qualified to lead this country. Nothing he's done since being elected has changed my mind.
Although no one will admit it, they voted for a black man and that is all. The could have cared less about his "qualifications." He didn't have any.

It was a way for the white community to feel good about themselves and show the rest of the world there was no racism in this country. We have evolved from our prior bad deeds and are progressive as a society.

I said the same as you: Obama is, overall, a good person and means well. However, he was NOT qualified to be President of The United States. IF he had been a US Senator for 8-10 years, he wouldn't have made the monumental mistakes that he has and will.

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Lie quietly in a dark room with a cool cloth on your head for a while.
Answer the question...

Your position is that it's okay for our country's presidential administration to threaten individual citizens at will?

Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Just threatened, for now.

Telling someone "you'll regret it" [for telling the truth] when exhorting someone to not tell the truth is NOT a friendly turn of phrase.
It's like you boss telling you that you will regret it, if you do something. "Do not take vacation next week, or you will regret it."

Old 03-02-2013, 12:58 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,866,999 times
Quote:
Answer the question...

Your position is that it's okay for our country's presidential administration to threaten individual citizens at will?
The question has been answered...and answered and answered and answered. Stamping your feet and demanding it be answered yet again isn't going to yield a different response. No one was threatened. Get over it. You sound like a fool.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 03-02-2013 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-02-2013, 01:00 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Cool These are facts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Your being snarky does not alter the facts, and the truth, because everything I posted was the factual truth. If you don't think 0bama is a liar, for lying, then use your own descriptive nouns.
OK...

Mr President

Leader of the Free World

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies