Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 08:53 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,895,331 times

Advertisements

Please report in!

Tell us about how the disastrous cuts are disrupting your lives.

Is your community collapsing around you?

Have store shelves been cleared of goods as people hunker down in the wake of Obama’s warnings?

Have the airports closed? Are entrances to national parks blocked? Are schools closed? Are fires burning uncontrollably due to furloughed firefighters?

barry is such a loser and hopefully is minions are finely catching on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
I checked this morning when the alarm went off.

No broken bones. all my parts are still in the right place.

The kids got off to school and the wife didnt hit me.

im good!

Old 03-01-2013, 08:55 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
Please report in!

Tell us about how the disastrous cuts are disrupting your lives.

Is your community collapsing around you?

Have store shelves been cleared of goods as people hunker down in the wake of Obama’s warnings?

Have the airports closed? Are entrances to national parks blocked? Are schools closed? Are fires burning uncontrollably due to furloughed firefighters?

barry is such a loser and hopefully is minions are finely catching on.
Ummmm....... I think you are a little early to the party here.

I live near the epicenter and from all I see business as usual, traffic going into DC still sucks.

Old 03-01-2013, 08:56 AM

4,512 posts, read 5,054,158 times
The sadist thing about this sequester is that is didn't get rid of that fool in the White House. Everything else about it is good !!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:02 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
My left arm fell off because of the sequester.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Well; I have a gripe; my prostate seemed a little more recalcitrant this AM than usual.

You suppose.....?

Old 03-01-2013, 09:09 AM

169 posts, read 284,143 times
It hasn't happened yet. Obama has until mid-night to sign it. You won't feel/see much until at least 30 days later. In that 30 days there will be a lot of moaning and b*tching about who's fault is it and what to do to turn it around. Just like what we have been hearing/reading about up until now. Not much will change yet.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
From what I heard on the news, the sequestration hasn't kicked in yet.
First, obama must sign the paperwork. He must do that before 11:59 PM tonight.
Then, some bureaucracy in Washington has to send the detailed budget cuts to Congress (the news said which office it was, but I don't remember).
So, maybe tomorrow or the next day we will know what must be cut, and THEN we can try to figure out what the effect (if any) will be on us as individuals.
However, there is always a chance (no matter how slim) that a compromise will be reached, both parties will decide to do what is right FOR THE COUNTRY, and all will be well.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:11 AM

54 posts, read 82,897 times
Our coffee machine in the office broke this morning, so I actually went and bought coffee at Starbucks. These cuts are horrible!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
So another moron speaks up.

“We are spending money we don’t have,” Mr. Bloomberg explained. “It’s not like your household. In your household, people are saying, ‘Oh, you can’t spend money you don’t have.’ That is true for your household because nobody is going to lend you an infinite amount of money. When it comes to the United States federal government, people do seem willing to lend us an infinite amount of money. … Our debt is so big and so many people own it that it’s preposterous to think that they would stop selling us more. It’s the old story: If you owe the bank $50,000, you got a problem. If you owe the bank $50 million, they got a problem. And that’s a problem for the lenders. They can’t stop lending us more money.”

Mayor Bloomberg: Don’t Panic About the Sequester | Politicker

When did we last hear this "Too big to fail argument"? Yes in 2008 in we were told that the banks were too big to fail right when they were about to fail.

So no, there is not going to be the gnashing of teeth the homeless out on the streets and the airports shut down as some tried to scare us into believing but bad things are going to happen as long as we continue to allow people like Bloomberg run things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies