Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 03:20 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,069,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
If you are going to use anything as a source you might try something instead of an extreme right wing rag. Try looking up Swift Boat Vets on Wiki, [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_Vets_and_POWs_for_Truth"]Swift Vets and POWs for Truth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]
Just as a note Robin, I am not a Liberal but again as Fox, I like to see a "Balanced Approach" with some truth in what is posted.
If I misread your "position", apologies most profuse. No normal person wants to be called a liberal.

It was widely reported by many. Is WND any more or less of a rag than CNN or Politico? (Clue: NO).

Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Brilliant you are not. Is that the best reparte` you've got. Ouch, I am putting in for a Purple Heart over my CO's head. I'll do it three times, for three scratches and then rotate home early. Yipeee I'm a war hero and my name is John "The Poser" Kerry, reporting for (potty-training) duty. Kerry is scum, with apologies to algae.
I actually thought you were talking about Hagel. Weren't you talking about Hagel? When did you switch to talking about Kerry?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
If I misread your "position", apologies most profuse. No normal person wants to be called a liberal.

It was widely reported by many. Is WND any more or less of a rag than CNN or Politico? (Clue: NO).
Clue: YES.

WND makes up stories. Out of thin air.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He voted "present" 129 times, out of the 4000 votes he cast while in the Senate. That's less than 3% of the time, and the "present" vote allowed by Illinois laws allows legislators to withhold support from a measure without actually voting against the measure. It's been used by many other legislators, on both sides of the aisle.
Name one who did it more than a handfull of occassions, if you can. Thank you for your information on the use of the "present" vote, but I am fully aware already.

FYI, the number I hear is 150, but either way, it is grossly excessive.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Clue: YES.

WND makes up stories. Out of thin air.
Identify one with proof they made it up, or retract in shame.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Name one who did it more than a handfull of occassions, if you can. Thank you for your information on the use of the "present" vote, but I am fully aware already.

FYI, the number I hear is 150, but either way, it is grossly excessive.
I'm not going to research every Illinois legislator to determine how many times each has voted "present".

3% of the time is a handful, by the way.

And here is proof that other legislators do it. Five did it on just this one vote.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/vote...99_002ss1M.PDF

Old 03-01-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Identify one with proof they made it up, or retract in shame.
Jesse Jackson, Wright ‘arranged’ Obama marriage

I'm sure you don't think it's made-up, but it's a salacious article filled with innuendo, half-truths, and outright falsehoods.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:58 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:

Let`s see....CNN is a global leader in news...WND or Politico not so much.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Let`s see....CNN is a global leader in news...WND or Politico not so much.
WND is where the unstable go to news

Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Jesse Jackson, Wright ‘arranged’ Obama marriage

I'm sure you don't think it's made-up, but it's a salacious article filled with innuendo, half-truths, and outright falsehoods.
Putting in a link to a story that is wrong does not prove they made the story up out of thin air.

Here is CNN reporting the wrong ruling from the Supreme Court
http://www.poynter.org/wp-content/up...12/06/zehp.png

So, given your own criteria of just having to post a story that is wrong to prove they make things up, you're back to WND being no less of a legitimate news organization than CNN for making up a Supreme Court ruling out of thin air.

As for the story you posted, it contains this before the start of the story: This is the second of a series of articles WND has developed from months of confidential in-person interviews with members of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago who have known Barack and Michelle Obama on a personal basis over many years.

So they warn the reader beforehand that the story is based on interviews and do not claim it as fact, simply as something told to them.

Unlike CBS who presented forged papers about Bush draft dodging and did claim they were verified as true. And NBC who were forced to issue a public apology for altering and then airing George Zimmerman's 911 call to portray his answer to a question as being a racist comment.

Note - I actually do not trust WND myself. But this "proof" is bogus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies