Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 09:06 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times

Advertisements

My Ipod is out of commission so I decided to listen to AM radio. I first came upon a liberal radio host named Stephanie Miller, she reminded me of Beavis and Butthead, I'm not exagerating. Juvenile rants, name calling, and dumb down analysis of politics. Then decided to turn to a different channel and heard Rush Limbaugh. What a clown. Does this guy really believe half the trash he spews? It's like politics for the extremely ignorant.

Doesn't matter if it's liberal or conservastives, majority of them are blowhards that appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I"m getting a new Ipod ASAP!!!

Old 03-01-2013, 09:25 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Compare and Contrast...

These two are not equivalent.

Her dad was a GOP VP candidate

his dad's a bigtime lawyer who got him a draft deferment for a boil on his butt.

I report.

You decide.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Their shows are in the same league, juvenile trash talking. Stephanie Miller " Republicans are fascists" Limbaugh "Democrats are communists"

Old 03-01-2013, 09:35 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Instead of buying a new ipod did you just try to fix it ? You can order the parts on ebay, I don't have a car so i really don't listen to the radio but the last time I did it was when I was working with a guy who only played howard stern. And the most recent time was just someone playing nothing but salsa music.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,929,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post

Very few Republican and Democrat politicians these days were in the military.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
This is why I listen to NPR every single day.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
This is why I listen to NPR every single day.
NPR and talk radio are like night and day. You notice that on NPR they never scream? NPR guests are a lot more intellectual and have an interest in debate, guests on talk radio are just bomb throwers.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:51 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
I recommend Armstrong & Getty in Northern California. I left CA almost five years ago, but I am still a devoted listener. They are fiscal conservatives and social libertarians. Smart and funny, equal parts political and funny pop culture commentary. They will talk about viral videos like Harlem Shakes and Screaming Goats one minute and then discuss the sequester with a Politico journalist the next.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:57 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
My Ipod is out of commission so I decided to listen to AM radio. I first came upon a liberal radio host named Stephanie Miller, she reminded me of Beavis and Butthead, I'm not exagerating. Juvenile rants, name calling, and dumb down analysis of politics. Then decided to turn to a different channel and heard Rush Limbaugh. What a clown. Does this guy really believe half the trash he spews? It's like politics for the extremely ignorant.

Doesn't matter if it's liberal or conservastives, majority of them are blowhards that appeal to the lowest common denominator.

I"m getting a new Ipod ASAP!!!
People tune in to the media sources that validate their existing opinions, for the most part. That's true of conservatives and liberals alike. As long as the personality involved validates the listener's opinions, the listener will give a pass to juvenile commentary, insults, and poor analyses, and even opinions that the listener doesn't generally agree with, but doesn't feel strongly about. Whether TV, websites, radio, or others, we like the people that express our own perspectives, and dislike those that express perspectives antithetical to ours.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
People tune in to the media sources that validate their existing opinions, for the most part. That's true of conservatives and liberals alike. As long as the personality involved validates the listener's opinions, the listener will give a pass to juvenile commentary, insults, and poor analyses, and even opinions that the listener doesn't generally agree with, but doesn't feel strongly about. Whether TV, websites, radio, or others, we like the people that express our own perspectives, and dislike those that express perspectives antithetical to ours.
I get that but what does that have to do with being obnoxious. I'm on the left on many issues, but was turned off by the host.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies