Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:53 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Fired Greenspan and not appointed Bernanke who allowed the low rates which fed the problem.
Neither Greenspan nor Bernanke could pass GSE reform legislation. They're not Congress.

Rates fed the problem but government-imposed loosening lending standards and having the GSEs agree to buy the high risk loans that resulted, caused the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 05:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Neither Greenspan nor Bernanke could pass GSE reform legislation. They're not Congress.
The entire thing doesn't work without the low rates. Presidents have more than legislation at their disposal.

Quote:
Rates fed the problem but government-imposed loosening lending standards and having the GSEs agree to buy the high risk loans that resulted, caused the problem.
The agreement does no harm if there is nothing to purchase. If I was all of a sudden made president today my very first act would be to fire Bernanke and appoint someone that would lead the Fed in a sustainable manner. Bush could have done the same.

Paulson played a big role in all of this also.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:24 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
NOTHING is his fault. Hell last election if you heard him campaigning he was running against an incumbent president. Some other guy had been ruining the country the last four years. Liberlas will lap it up like ants to sugar as always though.

President Obama preemptively blamed congressional Republicans for the next six months of economic weakness, saying they didn’t avert sequestration because lawmakers “paint horns on [his] head” rather than negotiate.
“We shouldn’t be making a series of dumb, arbitrary cuts to things that businesses depend on and that workers depend on,” Obama said today after meeting with top lawmakers this morning. “Every time we get a piece of economic news over the next month, the next two months, the next six months . . . we’ll know that that economic news could have been better if Congress had not failed to act . . . They decided to protect special interest tax breaks for the well-off and the well-connected.”

Obama blames GOP for the next six months of economic news | WashingtonExaminer.com

GW Bush's biggest tax cuts for billionaires kicked in while Obama was in office (this created huge deficits for Obama)
And Obama has to pay for GW Bush's "for nothing" Iraq war.

No GW Bush is (not) in the White House, but his tax cuts for billionaires are still in the White House.
No GW Bush is (not) in the White House, but his bills for the Iraq war are still in the White House.

You republicans don't focus on facts, you focus on some kind of child like social attack.
You don't care about things like GW Bush turning Clinton's surpluses into huge deficits.
You care about things like "Obama blaming congress", (when he has a good reason too.)

Recently all you republicans were going nuts because Obama missed some meeting.
Or what about the way you all went nuts over Bill Clinton getting a BJ.

If you republicans cared about tax cut caused deficits, as much as you care about Bill Clinton's sex life America would be in great shape.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

The loosening of lending standards came straight from the Fed...

http://www.bos.frb.org/commdev/closi...p/closingt.pdf

Old 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM

How do I even know that Bill Clinton got a BJ in the oval office ??

I wish you republicans would investigate tax cut caused deficits, the way you investigated Bill Clintons sex life.

Some republican's should get punched in the mouth, for putting all that stuff about Clinton's sex life in my brain.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
Clinton, Reno & her enforcer (Eric Holder) were all right in the middle of it, and do I really have to mention barney Frank?

Thomas Sowell's 'The Housing Boom And Bust' is a definitive work on the entire housing crash.

Obama's also in for a major surprise later this year when tons of companies start dropping their health insurance plans because paying the fine is a lot cheaper and substantially easier.

Toss in what will undoubtedly be aHUGE plunge in revenue into the Treasury thanks to the moronic capital gains tax rate increase, the deficit will soar, and the Democrats will get their clocks cleaned in the November 2014 elections, and could very easily lose the Senate.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:55 PM

1,652 posts, read 2,549,838 times
Quote:
Obama now blaming congress for next six months of bad economic news
Yeah? And the GOP blames Obama. Why is this something shocking to anyone?

• Obama Blames the GOP.
• The GOP blames the Dems and Obama.
• Both sides claim they've done right by the People, and the "other side" has stopped them.
• Both sides claim that it's only the "other party's" actions that make things bad.

It's ridiculous, and this entire forum just shows how well it WORKS. And since it so clearly works, the Politicians keep doing it.

It is symptomatic of how divided our elected Politicians are. They refuse to work genuinely together and bring real compromise to the table. Instead they each offer "compromises" they KNOW the other side will refuse so they can say... "See? We tried, it's 'them' who won't compromise"

Compromise is "a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands. "

Compromise is not "I get everything I want and you have accept it or you are the bad guy."

It's exactly that kind of fault and blame culture that keeps our gov't from truly performing for the people.

PS. How many posts after this will it take before someone shouts about how it's ________________ 's fault that we are so divided.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:59 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
How do I even know that Bill Clinton got a BJ in the oval office ??

I wish you republicans would investigate tax cut caused deficits, the way you investigated Bill Clintons sex life.

Some republican's should get punched in the mouth, for putting all that stuff about Clinton's sex life in my brain.
WTF are you blabbering about? Get a grip, dude, you're making yourself look as foolish as the people you're trying to defend.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:04 PM

I deeply apologize for my graphic "republican like" explicit comments in this thread.

If you republicans ever do another "sexually motivated" witch hunt, republicans will hear from me in public (in a loud voice.)

I deeply apologize for bringing up these republican values.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:05 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Is he not the leader of this country ?
Is he not the "man in charge" ?

He needs to stop being an activist and start taking responsibility for LEADING this country.
Blaming Republicans comes out of his mouth constantly.

The notice to states about the sequester is full of "Republicans this and Republicans that".
It needs to stop and that stopping needs to start at the very top..the WH.
Correct, Obama is an activist. He is leading this country.... to its destruction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies