Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 08:30 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post

lol, 600 rounds?

I know a woman with an FFL who has already made one this way and is over 3000 rounds fired on hers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 08:37 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Don't you see this development as a step along the way towards eliminating any restrictions on gun ownership?
No. Anyone can already legally build a gun at home, this is no different other than the tool used to build it. Anyone with a CnC machine can download the programming and mill out a gun already.

Heck, hill people in Afghanistan can build a AK-47 with just a file, nothing you can do will stop people from building a gun if they want to put the effort in to do it.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:42 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So how many home built guns have been used in crimes?
back in the 1950s, I remember hearing about the gang members in New York and Chicago making .22 caliber "zip guns" out of pieces of tubing (car radio antennas were apparently a favorite). a block of wood. and a rubber band. Sure, it was likely to blow up in their hand, but sometimes they worked for several shots. Yes, it was a smooth bore, so it wasn't accurate over about 10 feet, but that was good enough for a street fight.
I know the antis don't want to admit it, but if a criminal wants a gun, he WILL get one, without buying it where he has to do a back ground check!
That's why gun control laws won't work: the criminal, by definition does not obey any laws!

Old 03-02-2013, 08:54 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,645,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So how many home built guns have been used in crimes?
I have no idea. Someone on here posted that in reality they don't work anyway. But my point was that anyone motivated enough to go through all the time and trouble of building their own gun is likely to be someone who cannot buy a gun legally, and/or is a gun nut. Exactly the people who shouldn't have guns.

Like the guy who is posting those 3-D plans on the web. He's some far-right survivalist nut. I saw him interviewed on the news.

Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
back in the 1950s, I remember hearing about the gang members in New York and Chicago making .22 caliber "zip guns" out of pieces of tubing (car radio antennas were apparently a favorite). a block of wood. and a rubber band. Sure, it was likely to blow up in their hand, but sometimes they worked for several shots. Yes, it was a smooth bore, so it wasn't accurate over about 10 feet, but that was good enough for a street fight.
I know the antis don't want to admit it, but if a criminal wants a gun, he WILL get one, without buying it where he has to do a back ground check!
That's why gun control laws won't work: the criminal, by definition does not obey any laws!
So let's just get rid of all laws then, since criminals don't obey them anyway....

Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I have no idea. Someone on here posted that in reality they don't work anyway. But my point was that anyone motivated enough to go through all the time and trouble of building their own gun is likely to be someone who cannot buy a gun legally, and/or is a gun nut. Exactly the people who shouldn't have guns.

Like the guy who is posting those 3-D plans on the web. He's some far-right survivalist nut. I saw him interviewed on the news.

I saw him interviewed on the news as well. your perception of what is a nut and mine are 2 different things. i thought he was just fine.

some liberal loons are way out on mars with their tin foil hats.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Hey, that felt pretty good.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:11 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,153,884 times
Quote:

Does that guy live in a tipi, by any chance?

Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM

5,730 posts, read 10,122,956 times
Quote:

Actually no.

The people who build them (I have myself) are hobbiests.
It's no different than restoring a hot rod.

Criminals will steal or buy stolen guns, they aren't much on the WORK required to end with a decent end product.

There are websites dedicated to these LEGAL HOBBIES. And despite your wish to illegally keep people from practicing their constitutional rights, the point which has already been stated is IT WON'T WORK.

Everyone I've ever met (and I've met dozens if not hundreds) who have 'rollled their own' have already owned firearms.

And I since you decide to ignore it... Being a far right nut is protected, just like your right to be a left wing loony is protected every day by men with guns.
Your welcome.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I saw him interviewed on the news as well. your perception of what is a nut and mine are 2 different things. i thought he was just fine.

some liberal loons are way out on mars with their tin foil hats.

The interviewer asked him, "Well you do know that by posting these plans it means that a terrorist or a violent felon could use them to build a gun, and murder innocent people?" And his answer was along the lines of, yes I know that and I don't care. If I remember correctly he didn't believe in gun control of any kind. He's a nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies