Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 11:25 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I would offer this advice specifically to the fine father who posted a couple weeks ago a rather detailed description of how to dispose of a body after you murder someone who has wronged you.
That was a great post.

He was spot on!

If one did that sort of thing(which they should not) that is how it should be done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She called for the murder of the El Paso Independent School District Trustees.
Uh... no she did not.

Did you read the same story as i did?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:01 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
What do you mean he can't say what he said?

I will say it right now - the 2nd Amendment was designed to place a check on the federal government by ensuring that the citizens were armed.

Come on Secret Service or whoever is interested, lets have a chat.

I am an American citizen, I have asserted both my First and Second Amendment rights, and if you have a problem with that, I really don't give a darn.
Look, I get what you are saying, but honestly. How can you read what we wrote, and not take that as a bit of a threat? It has to be looked in to. Sure, he is free to say that. But why should anyone be surprised that he would have the authorities questioning him afterwards?

I dont think he needed to throw that in. How he worded it, it seemed like a threat. 2nd Amendment doesnt mean you can just go shoot someone because of whatever. I get where you are coming from on why we have the 2nd Amendment, especially against a tyrannical government. But that does not give you the right to issue threats and not expect questioning.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:22 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,006 times
Quote:
Where did the person in question ever call for the murder of anybody?
They referenced 2nd Amendment rights and then wrote of "ridding" themselves of this group of people. See, one of the things dishonest people do is play games when they or someone else makes a clear implication and pretend that if something isn't explicitly stated, no clear implication was made. That's the game that cowardly weasels play.

Why do you think the idiot in El Paso referenced 2nd Amendment rights and then spoke of "ridding" the people of El Paso of this group?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Look, I get what you are saying, but honestly. How can you read what we wrote, and not take that as a bit of a threat?
Harrier is not being "candid." That is why he is pretending not to understand the clear implication in this idiot's Facebook post. If you want to back Harrier into a corner, ask him what his reaction would be if someone posted on their Facebook page that someone in Harrier's family is a menace and then stated it was time to exercise 2nd Amendment rights and "rid" the community of this member of Harrier's family. What do you think? Do you think Harrier's response would be that no threat was being made since the person obviously threatening his family member did not explicitly state: "I am going to harm that person?"

This is what happens when someone chooses not to be "candid" and play transparent games.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Look, I get what you are saying, but honestly. How can you read what we wrote, and not take that as a bit of a threat? It has to be looked in to. Sure, he is free to say that. But why should anyone be surprised that he would have the authorities questioning him afterwards?

I dont think he needed to throw that in. How he worded it, it seemed like a threat. 2nd Amendment doesnt mean you can just go shoot someone because of whatever. I get where you are coming from on why we have the 2nd Amendment, especially against a tyrannical government. But that does not give you the right to issue threats and not expect questioning.
It seems that where you and I disagree is that the individual in question issued a threat.

I don't think that that person did so.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:32 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,841,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11
Obviously. Especially on sites where unless you like about who you are (which defeats the purpose of facebook), its very easy to find out who you are. He should be questioned by authorities for his comments. He made the choice to make them publicly.
I tell ya: I DONT UNDERSTAND PPL WHO USE FACEBOOK AND POST STUFF LIKE THAT!!!!!

They just do not care about thier privacy OR ANYTHING ELSE.... Its very disturbing!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Why do you think the idiot in El Paso referenced 2nd Amendment rights and then spoke of "ridding" the people of El Paso of this group?
"Ridding" could mean that they are no longer in office as trustees of the El Paso School Board.

That you think that means that they are dead is very telling, and very sick.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:40 AM

Quote:
"Ridding" could mean that they are no longer in office as trustees of the El Paso School Board.

That you think that means that they are dead is very telling, and very sick.
[MOD CUT]

Why did the imbecile who composed this letter connect "2nd Amendment" rights to "ridding" the community of these people?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-03-2013 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: off topic bickering

Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
In what specific year did 100% of Americans own firearms? I'd like to see that evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies