Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2013, 10:15 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
It is insane for a family to move? My parents moved us three times growing up. I personally have packed everything into my car, sold what didn't fit and driven from the east coast to Wyoming to get a better job.

What exactly is insane about actually taking steps to make your life better?
I moved from a large city to a small city, so I know how prohibitive it is to move. Are you even remotely aware how EXPENSIVE it is to move, or do you personally move with a little mobile home or a tent so it's rather cheap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Actually, yes.

I support national health. Recognize illegal immigration is exploitation, don't want to impede on your ability to abort your baby. The reason you hate me is because I have money and you expect me to pay for your choices - good or bad.
No, the reason I hate right wingers is because they're malevolent by nature. Naturally, they don't like to be seen for what they are, but they are that.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:18 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I moved from a large city to a small city, so I know how prohibitive it is to move. Are you even remotely aware how EXPENSIVE it is to move, or do you personally move with a little mobile home or a tent so it's rather cheap?
Sounds like you have a lot of stuff. You must be rich.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:20 AM

88,967 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I moved from a large city to a small city, so I know how prohibitive it is to move.
It's only prohibitive to those who are not inclined to change. I've moved whenever I needed to for a better situation. Many others have done the same. STOP thinking that you're entitled to ignore change. That attitude is a HUGE part of your problem.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you have a lot of stuff. You must be rich.
Not at all. I don't do badly, but I'm not rich. However, moving is prohibitively expensive, unless you're going from one mobile home park to another. You must think the poor are living well and have all this extra ca$h. In fact, you do. Aren't you one of those who was saying the poor were living better than the rest of us?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:27 AM

88,967 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Not at all. I don't do badly, but I'm not rich. However, moving is prohibitively expensivve
You're an excuse-maker, not a an accomplished doer. Your posts literally scream as much.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:32 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Not at all. I don't do badly, but I'm not rich. However, moving is prohibitively expensive, unless you're going from one mobile home park to another. You must think the poor are living well and have all this extra ca$h. In fact, you do. Aren't you one of those who was saying the poor were living better than the rest of us?
How much does it cost to stay poor?

Old 03-12-2013, 10:40 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
No, the reason I hate right wingers is because they're malevolent by nature. Naturally, they don't like to be seen for what they are, but they are that.
Interesting quote here. This person knows that I am malevolent by nature. By nature. And she hates me for that. Of course it's a troll comment, but it's still interesting because it still illuminates a left wing mindest. I say the government should follow the constitution so I am evil by nature and worthy of hatred. Even given that this is over the top, it still shows a liberal mode of thinking - how their own prejudices are fine, it's only the other person who is a bigot.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM

23,530 posts, read 17,208,400 times
"Someone is likely making $12,000 a year because they came from a poor background, went to a god-awful public school system that produced hardly any students who would go to college, didn't have the opportunities middle-class kids take for granted, didn't have parents with the financial resources to get them tutoring or send the kid to a parochial school---in other words, the luck of the draw."

You make your own luck.

You make 12k and have 3 kids or you have 3kids and make 12k?

Many people rise above their conditions.

Awful public schools, hardly any go to college? and why is that? Because the teachers unions and Dems think the panacea is an infinite relationship bewteeen money spent and a better education.

Mentoring by parentS is critical.

What are your elected officails doing to help? Did you even vote? What was your criteria for casting your vote...maybe that needs to be revisited.

Discipline is a huge problem in many inner city schools. Try to teach kids that want to learn in the same class as troublemakers and no one gets the benefit of an education.

If you wait until someone knocks on your door and pays you to vote you are missing out on a voice that might change school policies and it costs nothing.

It is not necessarily money that makes the difference, it is creativity and imagination, again no cost involved.

The victim mentality as taught by social justice advocates is the heaviest weight that can be placed on peoples' backs.

Old 03-12-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
How much does it cost to stay poor?
Elaborate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies