Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,058 times

Advertisements

All the Moderate Democrats seem to be gone. What happened to all the Truman Democrats?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2013, 11:24 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
They died.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,204 times
Extremists on both sides are people who stand for moral principles. Moderates stand for appeasing people. I rather debate extremists than moderates, who can't debate since they in effect stand for nothing.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:27 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,950,448 times
I think they are at the Country Club caddying for the moderate Republicans.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,513,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
All the Moderate Democrats seem to be gone. What happened to all the Truman Democrats?
They got thrown out of the party.

They joined the Republicans.

They are called Neo-Cons.

John McCain, George W. Bush, Mitt Romeny. While never self-identifying as Democrats they are perfect examples of Neo-Cons.

If I were a member of the Republican Party I would tell them to join the Dems where they belong and let the conservatives run the Rep. Party.

Then maybe we could have some real options on election day instead of fake ones.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,974,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Extremists on both sides are people who stand for moral principles. Moderates stand for appeasing people. I rather debate extremists than moderates, who can't debate since they in effect stand for nothing.
No. Very few extremist in the Democratic Party. They are insignificant. You just have a warped sense of reality, surrounded 24/7 by right wing BS in the Houston.

The Democratic platform in line with public opinion in just about every major political issue.

It's the GOP that is out of touch. On tax policy, on social issues.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
They got thrown out of the party.

They joined the Republicans.

They are called Neo-Cons.

John McCain, George W. Bush, Mitt Romeny. While never self-identifying as Democrats they are perfect examples of Neo-Cons.

If I were a member of the Republican Party I would tell them to join the Dems where they belong and let the conservatives run the Rep. Party.

Then maybe we could have some real options on election day instead of fake ones.
The old disappearing Democrat, Re-appearning Neo-Con trick. I always wondered what a Neo-Con was.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,031,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No. Very few extremist in the Democratic Party. They are insignificant. You just have a warped sense of reality, surrounded 24/7 by right wing BS in the Houston.
How much more out of touch can you be? If they were insignificant they wouldn't be running the party like they are now.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:38 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,204 times
Quote:

The Democratic platform in line with public opinion in just about every major political issue.

Very few people in the Democrat party (and Republican party) are thinking about their positions from a moral standpoint. If they were, they'd be extremists.

Here in this area of Houston I'm surrounded by Democrats. They even fired off their guns when Obama was re-elected.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
No. You just have a warped sense of reality.

Perhaps public Opinion, shaped by an overwhelmingly-leftist media, is out of step with what America always ways, and in-step with what America should never be.

So you think the public wants more taxes, not less? That they want distort even more the grossly-lopsided tax burden where almost half of American earners pay nothing, while the top couple-percent pay the liion's share, grossly inconsistent with their share of income earned.

This is why the Founders despised Democracy, and favored a Representative Repulblic. The public are so easily duped.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies