Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,631,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibelian View Post
I can guess about the conclusion YOU came to after reading the article, but I would suggest that you conclusion about diversity being "more important" than qualification is entirely without basis.
The process of deliberately seeking "diversity" is outright, in your face, unapologetic discrimination on grounds of race, gender, sexual orientation, PERIOD! And no matter what the Orwellian term is used by the intellectually and morally bankrupt, that's the bottom line truth of the matter.

The only way discrimination can be eliminated in our society is for everyone to agree that these "diversity" qualifiers are rejected as having any legitimate power of influence.

Those that "celebrate" these deliberate acts of discrimination are the true racists, sexists, and bigots among us .. who need to be shouted down and stamped out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,577,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
By appointing these type of people to the bench, this is his way of speeding up the eroding of American traditional values that has sustained this nation since it's inception.
Excuse me. A judge is required to rule according to the LAW. Not some half azzed idea of what a "Traditional American Value" is!!!

THERE ACTUALLY IS NO SUCH A THING AS A TRADITIONAL VALUE.

It's just some imaginary figment of the mind in those who hate progress.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,345,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Are you on the selection committee? Have you reviewed all the candidates to see who is the most qualified?

Nope, so how do you know they are not qualified?

Simply assuming they aren't qualified because they are are not straight white men is bigotry.

You disgust me.
I read the OP and what I saw was that these people are being nominated based on their race and sexual orientation rather than their qualifications. I'm sorry but that's wrong. I'm glad I disgust you. It means that I'm doing something right. Seriously.
Simply assuming they are the most qualified candidates based on diversity is insanity.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Who ever said that? I have yet to see anyone from the President on down say they stressed diversity over qualifications. That is an assumption YOU made.

See above.

What I've seen at work in the corporate world is that often those who are not of "diverse" origins are given preference for the same jobs.

Pirceless. Absolutely freekin'priceless. What part if this do you not understand:

Quote:
Obama pushing to diversify federal judiciary amid GOP delays

Old 03-04-2013, 01:22 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
All of Obama's nominees are rated either "qualified" or "well-qualified" by the American Bar Association's Standing Committee on Judicial Nominees. No one has stated or implied that these people were chosen solely because of their diversity ... only that their diversity is apparent; and, it is within the president's prerogative to appoint people with attributes in addition to those required to be a judge.
What proof is there that they were the most qualified? Or is it this:

Quote:
Obama pushing to diversify federal judiciary amid GOP delays

Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
They've got to figure out a way to block out words from those on the ignore list even when someone quotes them. What a disgusting excuse for a human that one is.
Pure comedy gold....please keep posting!

Old 03-04-2013, 01:25 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Pirceless. Absolutely freekin'priceless. What part if this do you not understand:
I understand that your attempts to twist my words are not working, and that your posts make absolutely no sense.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
I read the OP and what I saw was that these people are being nominated based on their race and sexual orientation rather than their qualifications. I'm sorry but that's wrong. I'm glad I disgust you. It means that I'm doing something right. Seriously.
Simply assuming they are the most qualified candidates based on diversity is insanity.
On Fantasy Island, one can see whatever they want to see................

Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Because the courts will better reflect the diversity of this country.
So you wouldn't object if the positions were filled by white people at a rate of about 80% then-would you?
That's rhetorical BTW.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies