Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 04:31 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,543 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
I would love to know how you have reached the conclusion that members of Tea Party groups "Hate America." Having personally attended different events with people who identify as Tea Partiers, my perception is the exact opposite, so it would be interesting to hear how you came to that conclusion.
hate is a strong word.

That being said, if you continuously argue that you dislike what is going on in this country, doesnt that mean you dislike the country... at least in its current state ?

Old 11-20-2015, 04:39 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,838,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
hate is a strong word.

That being said, if you continuously argue that you dislike what is going on in this country, doesnt that mean you dislike the country... at least in its current state ?

No, it means that you don't like the fact that the foundational documents that are the basis of the country are being disregarded.

Say you are married and your spouse starts engaging in activities that are 150% opposite of what you have known about him/her since your wedding day. You argue that your spouse has changed and you complain to your friends, but that doesn't necessarily mean you hate or dislike your spouse, it just means that the person you love is no longer recognizable and is no longer the person you fell in love with and spent your entire life with. There is nothing wrong with seeking to remove the outside forces that contributed to the massive changes to key attributes of your spouse.

Old 11-21-2015, 02:17 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by April R View Post
I'm a registered Independent that votes on the issues not the little letter beside a candidate's name. Does that make me a moderate?
I personally define Independents as those not registered with either of the big 2 and I define Moderate as those who are not hardcore partisans, others may have their own definitions but those are my own.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:20 PM

Well I would just like to say thank you to all the Moderates, Independents and 3rd party supporters out there and wish you guys a very happy holiday season.

Hope you guys enjoy down time with you and yours, and that you accept this pick me up as a present, my fellow American commoners, peasants and proletariats.

House Of Pain - Jump Around (Pete Rock Remix)

Old 12-17-2015, 06:51 PM

30,996 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
The only people who use that term are supposed Independents that always vote Republican. They maytypically a party membership, but they listen to a lot of talk radio, read terrible blogs as news sources and never, ever, ever vote D.
Naw, I'm a former Dem turned Independent and I vote a split ticket every time. I find when I vote in the Presidency its typicslly a protest vote against the biggest liar, not because I like the Candidate.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:07 PM

1,185 posts, read 2,219,288 times
Independent is a name for liberals that want to pretend they aren't liberal. You are either a fascist liberal or a independent republican. There is no middle ground, stop making it seem like there is one.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Independent is a name for liberals that want to pretend they aren't liberal. You are either a fascist liberal or a independent republican. There is no middle ground, stop making it seem like there is one.
Frankly the above statement seems quite fascist and totalitarian in and of itself.

This is why Moderates, Independents and 3rd party supporters are so important. They need to channel their inner Connors.

the rifleman young englishman

Old 01-15-2016, 02:30 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,296,089 times
Quote:
Well if that's the case then Conservatives are greatly out numbered by Liberals.

Old 01-15-2016, 05:03 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
No, it means that you don't like the fact that the foundational documents that are the basis of the country are being disregarded.

Say you are married and your spouse starts engaging in activities that are 150% opposite of what you have known about him/her since your wedding day. You argue that your spouse has changed and you complain to your friends, but that doesn't necessarily mean you hate or dislike your spouse, it just means that the person you love is no longer recognizable and is no longer the person you fell in love with and spent your entire life with. There is nothing wrong with seeking to remove the outside forces that contributed to the massive changes to key attributes of your spouse.
150%? We talking alcohol proof or what? Unfortunately most would just divorce in that situation...

Old 01-15-2016, 05:05 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,995,939 times
Quote:
That would be moderates. Which is the middle ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies