Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 01:42 PM

32,101 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
But I also hate the way the Democrats just want to legalize 10, 15, 20 million illegal aliens - who knows how many - which btw more than totally contradicts any pro-environment or pro-worker policies the Democrats used to have.
Now you see what I mean. The Dreamers have taken 50-60% of all of the coal mining jobs. Last I checked, Pittsburgh was about 50% Mexican. They are taking some of the best paying jobs away from the hardworking Americans that deserve them. The fact that you've seen the bill where Democrats support legalizing 20 million illegal aliens means you know more than the average voter.

BTW, could you find that link where Pelosi and Hillary advocated legalizing 20 million illegal aliens? I had the Breitbart article saved, but I can't find it now.

Quote:
I would support a reformed national health care system, with private insurance companies or without. But the Obama administration dropped the ball on that one and just gave us another half a$$ed bureaucratic program that we cannot afford.
Agree with you here too. The GOP and the insurance lobby had nothing to do with this one. That falls 100% on Obama. I like the way you think!

Quote:
I cannot stand the anything goes Republican position on gun control which means basically no gun control at all in some states. But I also cannot stand the attacking and blaming the police by the liberal media and far left for political reasons, 99% of the police did not shoot anyone.
Exaaaactly. When you talk to your African American friends, of which I am sure you have many, you'll notice they'll all say the police brutality stuff is all made up. I'm with you here.

Quote:
Both sides liberal and conservative, Republican and Democrat, have their good and bad ideas. Those who only pick one side only, ignore all evidence and changes that might contradict their world view, look down at the other side as totally uneducated or naïve, are blinding themselves to reality IMHO.
Couldn't agree more. This is why it makes so much sense to randomly alternate between parties.

Old 11-13-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Sounds to me you are a moderate or independent.

Btw being a moderate does not mean you cannot belong to a political party and support them most of the time. It just means you do not blindly support them all the time. You can be a moderate liberal or a moderate conservative. In politics, one party is not right or wrong all the time. This is not sports where one side is good and the other side is evil, like the Giants facing the Patriots.
Why do you guys define "moderate" by partisanship rather than policy positions?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:00 PM

Could someone help me find the article discussing the Democrat Party's plan to legalize 15-20 million illegal aliens?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:01 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Could someone help me find the article discussing the Democrat Party's plan to legalize 15-20 million illegal aliens?
Why don't you make a thread asking about that? What does that have to do with this thread?

Old 11-13-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Why don't you make a thread asking about that? What does that have to do with this thread?
You just don't want to expose the extremism of the Left. I get it.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:06 PM

I am a moderate because I will vote for a Democrat in 2008 and a Republican in 2012 even if the national party platforms remain largely unchanged.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:08 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,077 times
This thread has been hijacked bigly.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:11 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Where are the moderates?

What happened to them?

I think most of us see good and bad in the Repub and Dem platforms...and so we're able to find the optimal set of policies.

Will we ever have a moderate revolution in the US? A complete rejection of the far right/alt right and far left/alt left.
What happened to moderates? They got shouted down by the extremists, vilified by party hardliners and minimized by the media.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:12 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
You just don't want to expose the extremism of the Left. I get it.
Says the person who can't stand to say a single thing negative about the right. Just own it This is not a "The Left is Extreme, Yo" thread. You can go start one of those.

It's one about moderates, who are presumably people who are more in the middle and can see positives and negatives to both sides. So far you have not been able to demonstrate that and want to further interject stuff about one side instead of having a more moderate discussion about both sides.

Old 11-13-2017, 02:16 PM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Now you see what I mean. The Dreamers have taken 50-60% of all of the coal mining jobs. Last I checked, Pittsburgh was about 50% Mexican. They are taking some of the best paying jobs away from the hardworking Americans that deserve them. The fact that you've seen the bill where Democrats support legalizing 20 million illegal aliens means you know more than the average voter.

BTW, could you find that link where Pelosi and Hillary advocated legalizing 20 million illegal aliens? I had the Breitbart article saved, but I can't find it now.

Agree with you here too. The GOP and the insurance lobby had nothing to do with this one. That falls 100% on Obama. I like the way you think!

Exaaaactly. When you talk to your African American friends, of which I am sure you have many, you'll notice they'll all say the police brutality stuff is all made up. I'm with you here.

Couldn't agree more. This is why it makes so much sense to randomly alternate between parties.
Wow, all this attacking other posters, does someone need a little naptime?

Regarding illegal aliens, they are not coming here to just hang out are they? They are (mostly) coming here to work, which means more competition for workers and also more competition for housing. Legalizing them will make the competition worse and also add hugely to the welfare, medical and education costs, especially so many of them are uneducated. And then they will start bringing over their own families, which is why legalizing illegal aliens will result in far more then the 12 million that they were saying 10 years ago.

Both parties are in bed with the insurance industry and get donations from it. Its one of the reasons medical reform is so difficult. In fact, Hillary Clinton was by far #1 in donations from pharmaceuticals, more then twice as much as the next candidate Jeb Bush.

Big Pharma's big donations in 2016 presidential race - CNN

The police brutality stuff is NOT made up but how to you propose to end it in a country of 300 million people and over 1 million police officers? Football players kneeling before the American flag? The answer is you can't, you might be able to reduce it but you will never be able to completely end it. And btw, police officers also shoot White, Hispanic and Asians people as well. But you would never know that from the media coverage which seemed more designed to inflame people's passions then to discuss the issue.

Now you may return to your one party paradise called "Crooklyn".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies