Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2017, 07:54 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times

Advertisements

The moderates are still out there waiting for some leadership. Both parties have gone far off course and do not represent us now.

I wonder how the millenials will vote.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:01 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,670,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Like you, I have been all over the board on presidential elections. Voted for Gore and then turned around and voted for Bush in 2004 (felt like he was finally starting to marginalize Cheney). All set to vote for McCain until the Palin debacle. Not impressed with Obama for the first four and was comfortable with voting for Romney (plus figured that four more years of Obama was four more years of getting nothing done).

Funny thing is that when I say that I do not like Trump whatsoever, I have been accused of adoring Obama. Then if I say that I did not vote for him in 2012, I've been accused of being a liar. So many people here are in their own little narrow box and can't understand how someone else could have a broader view.

Back to original subject. Nothing is going to change until the moderates get off of their behinds and get out and vote the extremists on both sides out. Moderates don't have to try to match the screeching rhetoric; just quietly vote!!
Vote for whom? Last presidential election, there was no one to vote for. A lot of us who knew how crazy Trump was held our noses and voted for Hillary. The moderates need a great leader to unite all of us and bring the country forward.

I'm for universal health insurance. I'm against illegal immigration. Those are the main two issues for me.
We need to get illegals out unless there are special cases, such as the innocent ones who were brought here as kids. Nothing in this country can work with illegals draining the system. They are welcome to come here LEGALLY though. Pay their way and wait in line to get in like the others.

Universal health insurance, education, anything that we all pitch in for, cannot work when there are illegals who do/did not pay in. The rest of us can't afford to pay for them to steal from our health care and education systems. Automation is coming and that will solve the problem of picking the crops. We don't need to pay slave wages to illegals so they can clean our houses either--clean it yourself or pay a living wage to an American or a LEGAL immigrant. Let's clean up our act and then get on with moving the country forward, not backward. Moderates are here, waiting for someone to vote for!

Old 11-13-2017, 08:17 PM
JRR

8,165 posts, read 5,657,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Vote for whom? Last presidential election, there was no one to vote for. A lot of us who knew how crazy Trump was held our noses and voted for Hillary. The moderates need a great leader to unite all of us and bring the country forward.

I'm for universal health insurance. I'm against illegal immigration. Those are the main two issues for me.
We need to get illegals out unless there are special cases, such as the innocent ones who were brought here as kids. Nothing in this country can work with illegals draining the system. They are welcome to come here LEGALLY though. Pay their way and wait in line to get in like the others.

Universal health insurance, education, anything that we all pitch in for, cannot work when there are illegals who do/did not pay in. The rest of us can't afford to pay for them to steal from our health care and education systems. Automation is coming and that will solve the problem of picking the crops. We don't need to pay slave wages to illegals so they can clean our houses either--clean it yourself or pay a living wage to an American or a LEGAL immigrant. Let's clean up our act and then get on with moving the country forward, not backward. Moderates are here, waiting for someone to vote for!
I totally agree that somehow moderate candidates have to step up in order to give us people to vote for. Of the players in 2016 presidential, my choices would have been Kasich, Bush and then probably Rubio. Trump was way at the bottom just behind Clinton and Cruz. But in the general election, as much as I disliked Clinton, I could never have voted for Trump.

I personally don't have to agree with a candidate on every position. At this point, I am just looking for someone who is competent and not totally corrupt and has a decent bit of humanity

Old 11-13-2017, 08:21 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I guess I could be classified as "independent"..........I cannot stand either party for the most part.

I am very liberal on some issues and very right-wing on other issues.

When angry Libs try to pin me down, they try and paint me as a Republican, Bush-loving Nazi. When I tell them that I think the country is screwed and I feel BOTH parties are to blame..........corrupt, insane and power mad.........they try and talk me out of that POV by positing "IF THE DEMS HAD MORE CONTROL, IT WOULD ALL BE PUPPY-DOGS AND ROSES".

LMFAO, both parties are scum and I think for myself.

AMEN !

I'm probably a bit more conservative than you but pretty close to this thought.
I'll sign up for legalized pot so I guess I'm liberal on that issue.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:40 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoByFour View Post
I consider myself a moderate and feel somewhat stuck between the two parties. This is how it scores...

Fiscal matters: I side with Republicans.
So you are in favor of doing away with the debt ceiling, creating more debt and deficit from tax cuts and more expensive health care and absolutely no discussion about the debt and deficit?

Or are you saying that there was a day in the past when Republicans said (but didn't do) something about the debt and deficit and you agree with that?

It seems the tea party disappeared faster than a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Remember...up until the day Obama left office all we heard about was how the debt and deficit was gonna sink us.

Now.....it's left the room and the dictionary...

Old 11-13-2017, 08:43 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Treason is James Comey. America was doing just fine until Communists saw an opportunity to make their move.
Your response makes little sense.
Your response makes zero sense.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:46 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,669,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you consider yourself independent or moderate you might actually be a populist. I strongly suggest you search out the Steve Bannon speeches on youtube in the past few months (look in some of my threads here). Many Sanders voters have crossed over to populism, at least as it exists now. If the Dems were smart they'd come up with their own version.

The Establishment Political Ruling Class (both parties) are globalists who want to manage the decline of western civilization because, as Bannon said, “Your elites want to manage the decline because they got theirs. You’re not in the room, you’re not in the deal.”

Populism is very dangerous.
https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...-trump/516525/

As we have already seen, one "accomplishment" of it is to say you are going to kick out every Swamp Creature. Every one.
As per the article: "it calls for kicking out the political establishment, but it doesn’t specify what should replace it"

Need I mention who has replaced many of our decent statesmen? Swamp Creatures who are much worse than the norm - a Big Pharma guy appointed just today.

Populism is often being "against" things without having the brains to know what to be for and how complex it is. This is why Trump is destroying health care after he noted "it's hard".

In a country of 320 billion, this type of cheering at pulling down the walls isn't going to be pretty. Most people don't want the walls pulled down. They just want continuous improvement and a decent civil society.

It might be "fun" thinking you are carrying the virtual pitchforks and torches....but it appears they have been supplied by Mr. Putin and are undermining our country - maybe for the long run.

Careful what you wish for.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,570,932 times
I've decided to register as a Republican again just so I can get on their mailing list in case Bannon speaks in my area. He's been speaking at a lot of Republican events (you can watch on youtube). Most people who show up are NOT conventional Reps -- they hate the current party and the RINOs and want to take back their own party.

Dems need to find their own version of Bannon. If your house is crumbling you have to demolish it before you can build a new house.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,223,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I've decided to register as a Republican again just so I can get on their mailing list in case Bannon speaks in my area. He's been speaking at a lot of Republican events (you can watch on youtube). Most people who show up are NOT conventional Reps -- they hate the current party and the RINOs and want to take back their own party.

Dems need to find their own version of Bannon. If your house is crumbling you have to demolish it before you can build a new house.
Neither side needs anyone like Bannon.

Old 11-13-2017, 09:46 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Neither side needs anyone like Bannon.
Very True
We need fewer Bannon's, not more, we do not need to be divided any further, but then again it looks as if we are all stuck with this, kinda sad in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies