Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:47 PM

154 posts, read 197,783 times

Advertisements

Islam is already a huge problem here in Europe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
So a thread about Muslims turns into a regurgitation of all the tired, old anti-Christian posts that we read from the same group in every thread that touches on the topic of religion and many which do not.

I find it interesting that the anti-religion crowd has plenty to say about Christians, but when it comes to dissing Islam, well not so much. What do you think it is about Islam that silences people who seem like natural critics?

"In a recent Al-Jazeerah interview, Richard Dawkins was asked his views on God. He argued that the god of “the Old Testament” is “hideous” and “a monster”, and reiterated his claim from The God Delusion that the God of the Torah is the most unpleasant character “in fiction”. Asked if he thought the same of the God of the Koran, Dawkins ducked the question, saying: 'Well, um, the God of the Koran I don’t know so much about.' "

Richard Dawkins forgets what |slam ‘is’
Oh, come on. Within the first twenty seconds of the video, the man said, "I regard Islam as one of the great evils in the world." Before that he said, "I am reasonably optimistic about America and Europe. I am pessimistic about the Islamic world."

Last edited by Clintone; 03-04-2013 at 05:48 PM..

Old 03-04-2013, 05:36 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Where I live - West Philadelphia - there are a number of Muslims that are not an insignificant percentage of the population. There are at least three Masjids (Mosques) within a couple of miles of my house.

From my experience, the Moslems are law abiding and good neighbors. We have some fantastic Middle Eastern restaurants around here.

I remember reading that in the early years of the 20th Century anti-Semitic bigots were always trying to paint a picture that Jews were evil and wanted to control and dominate the entire US ... guess what?!?! ... there are still a tiny few that still subscribe to those hateful notions even here at City-Data! Anyway, this thread is based on the same xenophobic prejudiced ideology.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,711,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Oh, come on. Within the first twenty seconds of the video, the man said, "I regard Islam as one of the great evils in the world." Before that he said, "I am reasonably optimistic about America and Europe. I am pessimistic about the Islamic world."

Granted, Christianity is mocked a lot in the U.S., but why are you are you complaining about Dawkins?
I am wondering why a thread about Muslims so readily turns into Christian bashing. It seems to me that it takes a lot less courage to criticize Christians than Muslims, and Dawkins is more often critical of Christians and Jews than Muslims. The fact that the thread was turned away from the topic of Muslims would seem to indicate a fear of criticizing them.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:54 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
I am wondering why a thread about Muslims so readily turns into Christian bashing. It seems to me that it takes a lot less courage to criticize Christians than Muslims, and Dawkins is more often critical of Christians and Jews than Muslims. The fact that the thread was turned away from the topic of Muslims would seem to indicate a fear of criticizing them.
...Or the original question regarding the topic was "What religion disrespects the law of the land", lending discussion of CHristainity completely appropriate.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:06 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
So a thread about Muslims turns into a regurgitation of all the tired, old anti-Christian posts that we read from the same group in every thread that touches on the topic of religion and many which do not.

I find it interesting that the anti-religion crowd has plenty to say about Christians, but when it comes to dissing Islam, well not so much. What do you think it is about Islam that silences people who seem like natural critics?

"In a recent Al-Jazeerah interview, Richard Dawkins was asked his views on God. He argued that the god of “the Old Testament” is “hideous” and “a monster”, and reiterated his claim from The God Delusion that the God of the Torah is the most unpleasant character “in fiction”. Asked if he thought the same of the God of the Koran, Dawkins ducked the question, saying: 'Well, um, the God of the Koran I don’t know so much about.' "

Richard Dawkins forgets what |slam ‘is’
Nice post. +1. It is food for thought how Islam seems to be a perpetual victim. Leftist/progressives fall all over themselves crying hatred and discrimination on Islams behalf, and then say they would be the first in line for tickets if there was a show in town headlining lions and Christians.

These folks will even defend devil worship, honor killings, etc, in the most annoying patronizing language, whining about understanding different cultures and beliefs, and the Constitutional guarantees of such. (sigh) ...

Old 03-04-2013, 06:15 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What Religion disrespects laws of the land?
Christ who was Mohamed's superior...He said to para phrase..."I have not come to quash the law but to fulfill the law - every word and stroke of the law" Even if some Americans don't like the idea- American law was based on Christian doctrine...I once said to a Muslim.."If you dislike Christians so much then you must realize that Jesus is mentioned in the Koran 25 times....so why don't you just rip those pages from the Koran?"

God is all mighty and does not need the human assistance of Jews- Christians or Muslims to fulfill his will and purpose. To say that God needs the help of Muslims to spread the "faith" is to say God is not all powerful and weak...and needs aggressive zealots to establish him in America- Sorry Islam- God is already here. You will never remove God from America and replace him with a religion...God is not a religion- HE IS ALL MIGHTY.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
And you complain about Catholic Mexican illegals. I'd much rather have them here than strict Muslims like what the EU is getting.
Precisely. Libs of course will insist that they know muslims who aren't like that, so that cancels out all other facts and reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
What Religion disrespects laws of the land?
This is just the beginning:
Islamic Butchery Manifests In America With Muslim Immigrants | Opinion

Muslim Beheads Christians In NJ, Mainstream Media Silent (Video) | Alternative

Nation Of Islam: Chicago Gangs Will Become Our Army | Alternative

And not to forget around the world:

Lebanese Gangs Of Australia - YouTube

UK Muslim Gang Rape 100 Teenage Girls - Wheres The Outrage In PC UK Media? - YouTube

French police avoid near lynching by muslim youth, flee"muslim"zone. DRM Ireland - YouTube

Quote:
It is fair to say that since Islamist organizations have coordinated campaigns across the world that encourage and solicit reports of either real, feigned, staged or imagined incidents of "Islamophobia," the new "empirical data" that such an observatory would collect, would still be drastically skewed. No other religion has a worldwide campaign instructing its members to report unpleasant truths as "bigotry" or to complain about slights as minor as "hostile looks."
Additionally, the OIC is continuing to use the language embodied in pre-existing legal instruments in order to make it harder for Western countries to object. For example,....
Organization of Islamic Cooperation Ramps Up 'Islamophobia' Campaign

Quote:
"It is difficult to get people to recognize and understand that it is not only freedom of speech and free thought, that must be fought for. The consequence of choosing this path is that it includes political decisions to stop or at least dramatically reduce Islamic immigration to Denmark. In addition, Denmark will need to repatriate Muslims with dual citizenship who can not and will assimilate. ...
Islam versus Europe: Danish MP: "Islam is the greatest threat to our society"

Islam versus Europe: French Government to Make Anti-Racism, Anti-Islamophobia Training Mandatory for All Government Employees

Arsenal set for £1.5bn takeover from Middle Esat consortium | Mail Online -Arab takeover of football in Britain

Graphic warning!! Pictures from the jihad in Thailand: "we -Radical Muslims slaughter Thai Buddhists

ACLU's Muted Response To Film Censorship Tied To Muslims On Its Board - Investors.com

Zionist politicians are responsible for bringing these people in and giving them free rein to do whatever the hell they want, which is great for Israel's case so they can justify their apartheid of palestinians and how they need the US to bomb Iran to keep them safe. Here's just a sample of how jews are subtly working in Europe to impose multiculturalism:

Barbara Lerner Spectre calls for destruction of Christian European ethnic societies - YouTube - quote from vid: "..Europe has not yet learned how to be multicultural ...jews are gonna be at the centre of that...it's a huge transformation for Europe to make, they're now going into a multicultural mode and jews will be resented because of our leading role..."

Old 03-04-2013, 07:23 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
No true Muslim wants liberal Christians to defend them in this country nor do they want apostate Muslim women preaching stupidity ('Islam' is a religion of peace' slogans) when they should be minding their husbands. Everytime I open one of these threads and see liberal white Christians defending Muslims with such talking points I cringe.

Old 03-04-2013, 11:08 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
There is not a single Muslim in that video. But because I'm a nice guy I will provide a similar video of actual Muslims. These are kids, giving the Russian police a hard time, and trashing a car.

Pathetic Russian Police VS Chechen Kids - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies