Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
i might not really care for the guy, but if i can go on vacation with your money, i will go...... alot. i will have my wife and kids traveling the world. only if i use your money.
LOL
that is my point,
it isn't about what other presidents "did", right now, and when Obama was elected his first term, he promised "change" so much so, people were chanting, Change, me right along with them....I had hopes he was really really going to clamp down on Washington's spending, and set a good example, by cutting pays, and demanding if Congress didn't show up for work, they would be severely repromanded. Those people do not need to be making the kind of money they are, and if they made the pays we make, plus had our benefits, maybe, they'd be a lot more inclinded to be more frugal with our money.

Point being, these articles were from Obama's first term, so what, he did it. I don't begrudge him a vacation, but use your own money for vacation...you get paid, what? $100,000.00 a year. Does he live in the White House for free, or does he pay rent? Does he pay for electric bills, trash pick up, water and sewer?

If I were President, and wanted to meet Tiger Woods, I would have invited him to the Whitehouse...for a few days, set up tours of Washington DC and given him a guest room in the White House for a few days to a week. I wouldn't have taken Air Force One , and spent the taxpayers money like he did.
Honestly, I really had a whole lot of faith in him, b/c of the way he described he came up, and really honestly thought, he would change things....I even thought he would ask companies to stop paying CEO's and their board of directors to be a lot more sensible when giving out bonuses....so the people wouldn't be made to pay high utilites....

And I honestly thought, he was going to do something about illegal immagration, which is also sucking our social systems dry.

Yes, I voted for Obama in his first term, and he made me so angry, so did his wife....spending like he did and allowing Washington to continue to spend our money frivolustly....talk about entitlements??????
I don't care if someone is rich, I'm sure most wealthy people worked very very hard to get there, and I don't care if the President takes a vacation or two or three, as long as he does it with HIS money...and I don't care about past Presidents...I surely did when they were in, but they are in the past, it's over and done with, and there surely isn't anything we can do about it...I was angry as you know what with Bush, and that is why I didn't vote for McCain....but what the President did in his first term was an embarrassment...spending all that money on himself and his family...when he promised us change...that things would be a whole lot different now.

Obama's Campaign Promises
President Barack Obama's promises
On keeping jobs in America:
I believe in insourcing. I want to take away tax breaks for companies shipping jobs overseas. Let's give them to companies that are investing right here, investing in American workers
– August 6, 2012, Stamford, Connecticut rally
On manufacturing:
I want to make sure that the jobs of tomorrow, including advanced manufacturing jobs, that they're not taking root in China or Germany. I want them to take root in Colorado, in Ohio, in Michigan … I want to insource. I want to stop giving tax breaks to companies that are shipping jobs overseas. Let's give those tax breaks to companies that are investing in Colorado, investing in Grand Junction, hiring American workers, selling American products, stamping those goods with three proud words: Made in America.
– August 8, 2012, Grand Junction, Colorado event
On infrastructure:
I'm running because I do want to rebuild our roads and our bridges. We've got hundreds of thousands of construction workers all across the country who are out of work, and all the manufacturing that goes into construction. We could rebuild our roads, our bridges, our schools, renovate our buildings so that they're more energy efficient, put a lot of people back to work, and that's good for the entire economy.
– July 5, 2012, Sandusky, Ohio rally
On skills for workers:
I want to give more Americans the chance to learn the skills they need to compete. We've got to invest in our workforce. And education was the gateway of opportunity for me; it was the gateway of opportunity for Michelle. It's the gateway of opportunity for many of you. It's the gateway to a middle-class life.
– September 21, 2012, Woodbridge, Virginia ev

Lies, lies and more lies, just like any other person who has run for President.....
Things are not getting better, and I realize it is a slow process...however, how can we be better off, when in his first term he doubled what Bush did in 8 years???????
Spending money we don't have
Giving away money we don't have
and it makes me wonder what goes under the table that no one knows about? All the gifts and parties they give, this is rediculous.

I have yet to see a President come in and say, we are going to stop waisting America's money...things are going to change, Washington is going to become much more frugal and any money we give away is going to be overseen and accounted for, so we are sure the people running our social ststems are honestly putting it in the right place.

They closed down how many schools yesterday in Philly, something like 22 ? Correct me if I'm wrong?

Our infostructure is a joke....our roads and bridges are so outdated, and how bout any chemical plant, or nuc plant in America. We are broke people, why do you thing that huge oil spill happened in the gulf? Because inspections were paid off....to ignore what needed to be fixed. I worked construction many years ago...and I had an inspector then talk to me about how bad our infostructure is....but no body cares, I don't think most people have even given it a thought?

They keep saying we're safer then we were when 911 happened? I don't believe that....we keep cutting costs, and allowing anyone in this country....

And crime in this country....my Gosh, we're all living in our very own protective plastic bubbles, that we've created for ourselves called life, and don't even care about it, unless of course it hits us at home? But, hey, it is so important to vote for a man who is going to give out free birth control????????

Lets fix what is broken first, and then go to other countries to help....
but it ain't gonna happen....

We've sold our souls to other countries...and we've broken all that our great great grandfathers worked so hard for and died for to build.

While Washington is on Extravigant Vacations, there are children in this country who need help, who have been sexually abused, who are being beaten by they're parents, who are killing innocent people in the streets, from a lack of education, jobs, and moral values....
we don't look at the long term effects any more, it's all about immediate gratification, who cares about tomorrow, as long as I get through today. We've lost concepts of caring about others, caring about making the U.S. better, it's all about buying what movie stars have, and bailing out huge companies that didn't manage they're monies properly. Look at the parties Wall Street Has, and for goodness sakes, hasn't anyone noticed what happens to our investments over the years, we make money, then boom, the floor falls out from under us and we loose huge amounts of money? Why, and why hasn't anyone else noticed this over the years?????? yet, we're supposed to invest our hard earned money, instead of company pensions....boy I hate to see what happens to this next generation over the coming 30 years....Good Luck.

I'm not asking anyone to hate anyone, and I don't hate anyone, but what I do hate, is what is happening to our country....what I've seen happen in the past 50 years...
I hate that people vote for someone, simply b/c they are a woman...and don't care about the issues at hand, and I really hate loosing over 100.00 a month from my paycheck, and then watching Washington do what they do...maybe if they had to shop at Walmart, they'd give it another thought. Maybe if they had to do without dental work or have to struggle from pay check to pay check, they'd be a lot more thoughtful about taking from us....
THEY WORK FOR US, WE PAY THEIR SALARIES, AND YET, THEY ARE STEALING FROM US....AND WE ARE NO BETTER OFF FOR IT...

This isn't about hating anyone, this is about, bring America back up on her feet again...and it ain't happening, not with Democrates or Republicans....they are not working for us....and Romney, what a freakin joke....Bush was no better....

When people in this country start to realize, what IS REALLY Going on out there, maybe things will change...but if, your going to take offense everytime someone questions the person YOU voted for, and constantly defend corrrupt behavior...regardless of who is President...until you stand up for your rights, it is never going to change, and to fight about it, b/c someone disagrees with you, is just plain unproductive....

It amazes me how b/c someone votes for a certain person, they are so unable to view the bad about them....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 05:48 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
The Obamas, doing their part for climate change.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 AM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The Obamas, doing their part for climate change.
I agree, America has to clean up her act....but, man cannot control climate...
if you look back in history, since the beginning of time, the earth went thru some very drastic climate changes even before man existed....the earth goes thru climate cycles....ice burgs melt, and yes, I believe we can do better, and stop polluting earth, but right now, we don't have the money to do so...
I've watched barges on the New Jersey Shoreling go back and forth all day long out on the horizon, dumping trash in the ocean, yet, no one knows about that? Why, b/c the people that own trash collection do not want to give up their huge bonuses to invent and make things better....we have the technology, and the know how, but we don't do anything about it....

and Climate change, what the Obamas are doing is appeasing their special interst groups who gave them millions for campaign costs...and baby, that ought to stop to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies