Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2013, 05:48 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You asked the questions. If you do not understand your questions and why you asked them, I can not help you out.

There are no accepted protocols. It's illegal.
I'm not interested in a circular debate, thanks anyway. It's is illegal in "most circumstances", of course there are still protocols.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I'm not interested in a circular debate, thanks anyway. It's is illegal in "most circumstances", of course there are still protocols.
They including an exception for the life of the mother but since that is never the case that exception is irrelevant.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:31 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
First off we need to make clear that this wasn't the case with Gosnell.

That said, your position is that those with abnormalities should be dealt with by stabbing them in the back of the head and killing them?

Of course no one ever said it did. I understand the desire to obfuscate though.
Obfuscate? The only reason this thread is running to to make some ridiculous connections between the acts of a man on trial and what happens durring late term abortions.

If found guilty, his acts were not abortions. Let us be crystal clear...

Old 04-13-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Obfuscate? The only reason this thread is running to to make some ridiculous connections between the acts of a man on trial and what happens durring late term abortions.

If found guilty, his acts were not abortions. Let us be crystal clear...
No they weren't and neither was intact dilation and extraction which is why they were made illegal.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
A rare case of a liberal reporter admitting to her mistake in not covering the Gosnell case-

Why I Didn't Write About Gosnell's Trial--And Why I Should Have
So I'll tell you why I haven't covered it.

To start, it makes me ill. I haven't been able to bring myself to read the grand jury inquiry. I am someone who cringes when I hear a description of a sprained ankle.

But I understand why my readers suspect me, and other pro-choice mainstream journalists, of being selective—of not wanting to cover the story because it showcased the ugliest possibilities of abortion rights. The truth is that most of us tend to be less interested in sick-making stories—if the sick-making was done by "our side."

Of course, I'm not saying that I identify with criminal abortionists who kill infants and grievously wound their patients. But I am pro-choice.

What Gosnell did was not some inevitable result of legal abortion. But while legal abortion was not sufficient to create the horrors in Philadelphia, it was necessary. Gosnell was able to harm so many women and babies because he operated in the open.

WOW, it sounds like she is saying if abortion was not legal Gosnell could not have killed so many women and babies. If he was doing his blood business in the back alleys not as many women would have gone to him in the first place. I agree.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 AM

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ial-began.html

How do people miss a very long thread that was already on the front page?

Old 04-14-2013, 01:48 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
This is the bottom end of the slippery slope. This is what happens when something becomes normalized and eventually is just another business. This so-called doctor if he could would dispose of unwanted one year old children if it was legal. Why is this horrific report surprising to anyone anyway. Killing for profit and fun is a way of life for some. It's not just abortion...it's war for profit..it's everything from the poverty industry the harvesting of body parts. Welcome to barbarity....Face it. We as a society are not civilized. We just brag that we are but we are not.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:08 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,163 times
One thing I almost find amusing (if this case wasn't so sad and horrifying) is watching pro-choice progressives who are rabidly pro-regulation on absolutely everything do mental gymnastics in arguing that this case shows there needs to be less regulation of abortion (despite the fact that Dr. Gosnell was subject to almost no regulatory oversight) and somehow the pro-life side is blame is pretty rich. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the post-Sandy Hook gun control debate in many ways...

I will be clear that I believe this man would have done what he did regardless of the legality of abortion. It is not like abortions have disappeared when they are made illegal and Dr. Gosnell was so unethical and reckless in his behavior was beyond the imagination of the most ardent pro-lifer. Do not think that he killed countless viable newborns because of a "culture of death", but rather that he was greedy and possibly got off on performing late-term abortions and killing babies. The fact that he kept the severed feet of fetuses and newborns implies that there is a psychological element to his actions that go beyond the legality of abortion or even the profit motive.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:13 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
One thing I almost find amusing (if this case wasn't so sad and horrifying) is watching pro-choice progressives who are rabidly pro-regulation on absolutely everything do mental gymnastics in arguing that this case shows there needs to be less regulation of abortion (despite the fact that Dr. Gosnell was subject to almost no regulatory oversight) and somehow the pro-life side is blame is pretty rich. In fact, it reminds me a lot of the post-Sandy Hook gun control debate in many ways...

I will be clear that I believe this man would have done what he did regardless of the legality of abortion. It is not like abortions have disappeared when they are made illegal and Dr. Gosnell was so unethical and reckless in his behavior was beyond the imagination of the most ardent pro-lifer. Do not think that he killed countless viable newborns because of a "culture of death", but rather that he was greedy and possibly got off on performing late-term abortions and killing babies. The fact that he kept the severed feet of fetuses and newborns implies that there is a psychological element to his actions that go beyond the legality of abortion or even the profit motive.
Who has made the claim that this case shows a need for less abortion regulation?

Old 04-15-2013, 07:28 AM

This case and less regulations? Well you have argued that the regulations that some want to put in place that would have addressed many of the problems here shouldn't be pursued.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...lose-most.html

You argued that this was nothing more than trying to make abortions harder to get. One of the problems with some of these clinics is when something does go wrong, emergency medical personnel are unable to get their equipment (stretcher etc) in.

Safe and rare my ass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies