Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Using Gosnell to condemn all abortion providers and pro choicers is like using Warren Jeffs or the Westboro Baptist church to condemn all Christians.
Or use Adam Lanza to condemn all gun owners.

Quote:
And...... let's not forget Catholic priests. Shall we use what some Catholic priests have done to condemn them all?

How about all of those who have been slaughtered in the name of religion?

Perhaps we should ban religion?

Gosnell broke the law and will go to prison for doing so......just like pedophile priests. Oh wait....my bad.
I agree with your point overall but for some reason it seems like the pro-choice side here must feel guilty or something. I'll explain.

There were many that tried to condemn all gun owners for what Lanza did. Those who disagree with that argument didn't try and ignore what happened or back off from saying what he did had nothing to do with what they do.

Completely ignoring what went on here and what seems to me to be an inability to argue what you have shows to me some sort of guilt or an inability to face what happened here. The few that have tried to discuss this seem to only want to blame the entire situation on the idea that the government won't pay for abortions. It's not Gosnell or the clinic at fault, it's America at fault. (We should note that he also did abortions for well healed clients also the knew he would do them well after the point anyone else would).

Now do I completely dismiss a funding argument? No, but there was no way what he was doing would have been funded under any circumstance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Or use Adam Lanza to condemn all gun owners.

I agree with your point overall but for some reason it seems like the pro-choice side here must feel guilty or something. I'll explain.

There were many that tried to condemn all gun owners for what Lanza did. Those who disagree with that argument didn't try and ignore what happened or back off from saying what he did had nothing to do with what they do.

Completely ignoring what went on here and what seems to me to be an inability to argue what you have shows to me some sort of guilt or an inability to face what happened here. The few that have tried to discuss this seem to only want to blame the entire situation on the idea that the government won't pay for abortions. It's not Gosnell or the clinic at fault, it's America at fault. (We should note that he also did abortions for well healed clients also the knew he would do them well after the point anyone else would).

Now do I completely dismiss a funding argument? No, but there was no way what he was doing would have been funded under any circumstance.
Funding has nothing to do with what Gosnell did. He broke the law....he is being prosecuted.....just like any other criminal......that is all there is to it as far as I am concerned.

And....as a pro choicer.....I feel absolutely no guilt over what Gosnell did. He broke the law.

There is a definite need for late term abortions that fit into strict guidelines.....that is a fact. The abortions Gosnell performed were outside of those guidelines and were illegal. He is being prosecuted.

What more do you want?

Should women who honestly need a medically necessary late term abortion be condemned to death or horrendous suffering because Gosnell broke the law?

If you say yes to that......then you must also agree law abiding gun owners should lose their rights because of what criminals do with guns.

Pretty cut and dried as far as I am concerned.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Funding has nothing to do with what Gosnell did. He broke the law....he is being prosecuted.....just like any other criminal......that is all there is to it as far as I am concerned.

And....as a pro choicer.....I feel absolutely no guilt over what Gosnell did. He broke the law.
Agree, and you shouldn't feel guilt.

Quote:
There is a definite need for late term abortions that fit into strict guidelines.....that is a fact. The abortions Gosnell performed were outside of those guidelines and were illegal. He is being prosecuted.
I suppose I would need to know what you consider "late term".

Quote:
What more do you want?

Should women who honestly need a medically necessary late term abortion be condemned to death or horrendous suffering because Gosnell broke the law?

If you say yes to that......then you must also agree law abiding gun owners should lose their rights because of what criminals do with guns.

Pretty cut and dried as far as I am concerned.
I said that I do not know what you consider late term but what is legally considered as "late term" never runs into a situation where a woman would be condemned to death for not having one.

Now horrendous suffering, we did have the thread about the woman who was not to fond of having her kids so it seems but that is certainly not a reason to kill them.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times
Quote:
Using Gosnell to condemn all abortion providers and pro choicers is like using Warren Jeffs or the Westboro Baptist church to condemn all Christians.

And...... let's not forget Catholic priests. Shall we use what some Catholic priests have done to condemn them all?

How about all of those who have been slaughtered in the name of religion?

Perhaps we should ban religion?

Gosnell broke the law and will go to prison for doing so......just like pedophile priests. Oh wait....my bad.

At least the Church is looking at it and trying to clean it up now. It may have took a lot of people screaming and forcing but it is happening.

The same needs to happen to the abortion industry. People kicking and screaming to clean it up and do it NOW.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,503,740 times

The woman in the tape said Philly has covered it since it is a local story but national news have covered many local stories like Casey Anthony, etc so that is no excuse. Finding SOME articles to say it was covered nationally doesn't make it true.

The national news is just now looking at it and it was because so many people have criticised them for not covering it.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Agree, and you shouldn't feel guilt.

I suppose I would need to know what you consider "late term".

I said that I do not know what you consider late term but what is legally considered as "late term" never runs into a situation where a woman would be condemned to death for not having one.

Now horrendous suffering, we did have the thread about the woman who was not to fond of having her kids so it seems but that is certainly not a reason to kill them.
Please let's stay away from lunatic territory. We both know what I meant by horrendous suffering and that isn't it.

I consider late term third trimester.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Please let's stay away from lunatic territory. We both know what I meant by horrendous suffering and that isn't it.

I consider late term third trimester.
O.K. There is never a situation where an abortion must be performed to save the woman's life in the third trimester. Please provide an example if you are still holding this opinion.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,046 times
I have just four words for dealing with Gosnell:

Scott Roeder weekend furlough

Old 04-17-2013, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
At least the Church is looking at it and trying to clean it up now. It may have took a lot of people screaming and forcing but it is happening.

The same needs to happen to the abortion industry. People kicking and screaming to clean it up and do it NOW.
Funny, I don't remember seeing any trial coverage all over the evening news when a priest was prosecuted for molesting children.......were you whining about that too?

I don't remember people discussing the gory details of what those priests actually did to their victims either.....unlike the coverage the Gosnell case it getting. No complaint there, huh Janelle?

And Janelle..... just who do you think you are fooling? Certainly not anyone on these boards.

You don't want abortion clinics made safer.....you want them closed down altogether.

You want desperate women put back into the hands of backstreet butchers.....just like they were in the "good old days" before Roe v Wade.

So much for your phony concern for women's health.

Old 04-17-2013, 08:38 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,558,278 times
Quote:
O.K. There is never a situation where an abortion must be performed to save the woman's life in the third trimester. Please provide an example if you are still holding this opinion.
You are joking, right? No probably not.

The most common is acute conditions requiring the use of pharmaceuticals known to be harmful to the fetus. Most commonly psychiatric crisis, or rapid onset carcinomas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies