Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Maybe instead of being snarky, you could answer the question posed. I would be interested in the answer as well.
No, I want you to tell me honestly that you have no idea that there are people who want to close Planned Parenthood clinics or orther places that provide abortions. And that you can't use google to check the facts or never saw a news article, report, headline, forum thread, or even someone you know mention it in passing. Haven't heard about the laws and bills and regulations being passed to do just that. You see, such a rediculous question requires a rediculous amount of ignorance and honestly, until I know how exactly how much you don't know I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Just for the record here is my comment, followed by the question you so desperetly need the answer to:

"Unfortunately there isn't always a clean, safe place to go what with people closing down the legal clinics and all"

Which legal clinics would those be and who are these imaginary people who are closing them down?

Last edited by Ceece; 03-06-2013 at 10:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 10:24 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Obsessed With Death: Kermit Gosnell Kept Jars of Severed Baby Feet | LifeNews.com

His alleged crimes went undetected for years. He was the go-to guy in the neighborhood for Oxycotin and other addictive drugs—an illegal business which investigators say brought in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Abortion Doc Who "Snipped" Babies' Spinal Cords Faces Trial | LifeNews.com

Authorities raided the medical offices of Kermit Gosnell in January, 2010, on suspicion that he was operating a pill mill that was the largest source of illegal painkillers sold on the streets of Philadelphia.That was when they discovered a squalid “house of horrors” where illegal late-term abortions were done on drugged, dazed women, where the late-term babies were born alive then murdered by severing their spinal cords with scissors, and where the severed feet of those late-term babies were kept in jars as trophies.

Gosnell’s wife Pearl pleaded guiltyto assisting her husband at his Philadelphia abortion center where he killed a woman in a botched abortion and kills hundreds of babies in abortion-infanticides.
Pearl Gosnell was considering a plea deal similar to the one several of Gosnell’s former abortion center employees have made where they have pleaded guilty to receive a lesser sentence in exchange for testifying against Gosnell. Pearl also worked at the abortion center Gosnell ran that had him kill and injure women in failed abortions and kill perhaps hundreds of babies in grisly infanticides by birthing them and “snipping”

Old 03-06-2013, 10:31 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Default Angling for a plea bargain

Is Abortionist Kermit Gosnell Angling for a Plea Bargain? | LifeNews.com

Gosnell is charged with first degree murder in the cases of seven “late-term” babies he is said to have deliberately aborted alive and then severed their spinal cords with surgical scissors; and third-degree murder in the case of 41-year-old Karnamaya Mongar, who died after “repeated injections of strong narcotics, administered in accordance with Gosnell’s standard procedures,” according to a Grand Jury report.

Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
So what Jannelle?

They committed a crime, just like all of those Catholic priests committed crimes......that doesn't mean abortion should be banned anymore than it means the Catholic religion should be banned.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So what Jannelle?

They committed a crime, just like all of those Catholic priests committed crimes......that doesn't mean abortion should be banned anymore than it means the Catholic religion should be banned.

Well said, I can't rep you as my wand is depleted.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:15 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Maybe instead of being snarky, you could answer the question posed. I would be interested in the answer as well.
Why don't you stop being obtuse? You know damn well what & who. I'll give you an example since you live in the same state as me. Walker & Planned Parenthood. If you're going to argue this or claim ignorance, then you haven't been paying attention at all. I believe Perry & Texas is another example. The list goes on.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:11 PM

8,889 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It has always been rare. Before RvW the vast majority of abortions were performed in doctors offices. But I get your point.
Pro-abortion folks have had a tendency to exaggerate the numbers of deaths from illegal abortions.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:27 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have to somewhat disagree with you: it doesn't make any difference if they come from poor neighborhoods or middle class, from early teens on, girls know about birth control today or most do. Whether they practice it might have to do with the surroundings, but they do know where babies come from...
People in middle class neighborhoods are less likely to tolerate. People in poorer neighborhoods are usually but not always less educated and afraid to speak up for fear they would have no where else to go for such a problem.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:20 PM

8,889 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Why don't you stop being obtuse? You know damn well what & who. I'll give you an example since you live in the same state as me. Walker & Planned Parenthood.
I believe Gov Walker stopped giving money to Planned Parenthood. He didn't demand they close any clinics.

Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I believe Gov Walker stopped giving money to Planned Parenthood. He didn't demand they close any clinics.
Cause & effect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies