Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 09:49 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,750,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
Saw this fluff propaganda piece tonight on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer and was surprised that even in the in the midst of their "Pravada" level journalistic piece they admitted that there are LESS jobs today than 2007! I'm skeptical of their 12 million number too. That's probably the amount of people actually collecting checks. Anyway here it is:

Dow Jones Industrial Average Has Record Close - ABC News

What's scary for the average citizen is that according to the establishment this economy has recovered and is humming along but with that average income dropped to a low not seen since 1993 levels and it's not translating to more jobs as more automation and outsourcing take place.

I guess the moral of the story is get into the top 10-20% of earners and wealth holders in this country or forever hold your piece. Or in other words if you're in the lower 80%, "You be f*****d!"
What's scary is your inability to critically think about a news story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 09:51 AM

30,023 posts, read 18,596,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Study, and learn the difference between "personal debt" and "US National Debt". Your "portion" of US National Debt is NOT considered "personal debt". As a matter of fact the "portion" is a meaningless figure. Like I said, personal debt is DOWN and savings rates are UP, and not just a little, but by A LOT.

Oh, I understand the difference. Do you?

U.S. Consumer Debt Hits All-Time High: Borrowing Rises To $2.7 Trillion

Gee............... where is all that prosperity under Obama? We have-

1. lower incomes
2. lower personal net wealth
3. higher personal debt
4. higher number of people on foodstamps
5. fewer net jobs

The Fuhrer, in the eyes of liberals, can do no wrong, even when he is wrong. At that time, he is right, as he is never wrong.- Liberal reasoning 101

Old 03-06-2013, 09:58 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,386,595 times
Soon-to-be-voted-out Republicans in Congress need to stop with the treasonous obstructionist crap.

How is our president supposed to undo the mess their mediocre party created five years ago when they keep filibustering and blocking job bills?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:09 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Oh, I understand the difference. Do you?

U.S. Consumer Debt Hits All-Time High: Borrowing Rises To $2.7 Trillion

Gee............... where is all that prosperity under Obama? We have-

1. lower incomes
2. lower personal net wealth
3. higher personal debt
4. higher number of people on foodstamps
5. fewer net jobs

The Fuhrer, in the eyes of liberals, can do no wrong, even when he is wrong. At that time, he is right, as he is never wrong.- Liberal reasoning 101
Obama, Obama, Obama......LOL Is that all you ever talk about, and now you even quote Huffington Post. Dude, I don't care about Obama.

Public debt skyrockets, while private debt plunges? | AEIdeas

While total federal debt has skyrocketed to more than 100% of the nation’s GDP in 2012 (see top chart above), the burden of US household debt fell to its lowest level in third quarter last year in almost 30 years (see red line in chart). According to the Federal Reserve, household debt service payments as a share of disposable personal income fell to 10.61% during the July-September quarter last year, which was the lowest household debt burden since the fourth quarter of 1983. Household debt service includes payments for consumer debt like credit cards and payments for mortgages.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Soon-to-be-voted-out Republicans in Congress need to stop with the treasonous obstructionist crap.

How is our president supposed to undo the mess their mediocre party created five years ago when they keep filibustering and blocking job bills?

"Jobs bills"? Do you mean Stimulus II?

Now let me see..................... if a larger "stimulus" failed, then a smaller stimulus will work. Got it.

As one who is wed to the principle of government spending to improve the economy, you must believe that the government is more efficient than the individual at allocation of resources and wealth. Is that correct? If it is not, you would be opposed to increased government spending.

But since you are in favor of the government, rather than the individual, being in charge of the allocation of resources and wealth (as in your mind they do a better job), why not let them deal with 100% of the incomes and wealth in the US? The feds could take the income and wealth of every citizen in the US and decide how to distribute it. Wouldn't that be great for you?

So............. can you explain this paradox, which every liberal bears-

1. you believe that the government can better allocate resources than individuals and industry

2. if #1 is true, why not 100% of all incomes and resources?

Old 03-06-2013, 10:17 AM

2,471 posts, read 4,007,899 times
Quote:
Saw this fluff propaganda piece tonight on ABC World News with Diane Sawyer and was surprised that even in the in the midst of their "Pravada" level journalistic piece they admitted that there are LESS jobs today than 2007! I'm skeptical of their 12 million number too. That's probably the amount of people actually collecting checks. Anyway here it is:

What's scary for the average citizen is that according to the establishment this economy has recovered and is humming along but with that average income dropped to a low not seen since 1993 levels and it's not translating to more jobs as more automation and outsourcing take place.

I guess the moral of the story is get into the top 10-20% of earners and wealth holders in this country or forever hold your piece. Or in other words if you're in the lower 80%, "You be f*****d!"
Obviously there being less jobs now as compared to 2007 is entirely Barack Obama's fault. I mean who else would be to blame? It's not like Bush caused an enormous recession in 2008 from which we are still trying to recover from... oh wait

Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Obama, Obama, Obama......LOL Is that all you ever talk about, and now you even quote Huffington Post. Dude, I don't care about Obama.

Public debt skyrockets, while private debt plunges? | AEIdeas

While total federal debt has skyrocketed to more than 100% of the nation’s GDP in 2012 (see top chart above), the burden of US household debt fell to its lowest level in third quarter last year in almost 30 years (see red line in chart). According to the Federal Reserve, household debt service payments as a share of disposable personal income fell to 10.61% during the July-September quarter last year, which was the lowest household debt burden since the fourth quarter of 1983. Household debt service includes payments for consumer debt like credit cards and payments for mortgages.

ah................... percentages and ratios- the refuge of those who lack credible absolute facts. It is amusing indeed when libs resort to "percentage increases"

If I was drowning in ten feet of water, and the water level increased one foot, that would be a 10% increase.

If I was hit by one rain drop, then two, that would be a 100% increase. I would be alive and well, and not even wet.

In liberal "logic" land, the first scenario would be better, despite being dead!

Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,481,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
ah................... percentages and ratios- the refuge of those who lack credible absolute facts. It is amusing indeed when libs resort to "percentage increases"!
Or when libs like you who quote stuff from the Huff-Po.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 03-06-2013 at 11:26 AM..

Old 03-06-2013, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Or when libs like you quote stuff from the Huff-Po.

When something is quoted from Huff-Po, which supports a conservative position, it is blatantly obvious to everyone. Everyone, apparently, but you.

Huff-Po would argue that the sky is in fact orange if a conservative offered that it was blue. Therefore, a deviation from thier far left propaganda is interesting indeed.

Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM

6,392 posts, read 5,158,752 times
Quote:

Don't you realize, it's more important for the stock market to go up, than people work.. You have your priorities mixed up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies