Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 09:38 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i've lost at least 5 knives to the TSA since 2001- 4 of which i tossed to random people outside the line, rather than see perfectly good knives melted down.

molded handle exclusion=chock fulla derp.
Melted down? More likely in the pocket of some TSA thug. I'd rather have it melted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2014, 09:53 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Maybe we should make the TSA agents carry all the knives they have collected. They would be so weighted down they could not move. That would be an improvement.

We are planning a cross country airplane trip soon. I think I will ask the TSA at the local airport if my Swiss Army Knife, with peanut packet scissors, will be allowed on the flight. I also have a 3.5 in double edge dagger (boot knife) with a molded handle. I wonder if it would also be legal.

Old 10-24-2014, 11:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I had a hellova time opening my bag of peanuts on the lane last month because TSA confiscated my "4 for a dollar" 3"long 3/8 " wide plastic utility 'knife' .
It has been passed over before, BTW.
I flew out of O'Hare a few days ago. I hadn't flown in about 10 years, and I was prepared for all the new TSA rigmarole. They waved me right through--I had no pat down, didn't have to take off my shoes, didn't even have to remove my laptop from my backpack. Just put the whole thing on the conveyor, walked through the metal detector and was done in about three seconds. No complaints from me, of course, but for all you frequent flyers out there, I take it my experience was an anomaly. (Here's hoping for a similar anomaly on the flight home.)

Old 10-24-2014, 01:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,358,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Maybe we should make the TSA agents carry all the knives they have collected. They would be so weighted down they could not move. That would be an improvement.

We are planning a cross country airplane trip soon. I think I will ask the TSA at the local airport if my Swiss Army Knife, with peanut packet scissors, will be allowed on the flight. I also have a 3.5 in double edge dagger (boot knife) with a molded handle. I wonder if it would also be legal.
molded handle? No sireee bob! Then it becomes an assault style knife, and cannot be allowed!

Seriously you will not be able to get that on the plane. Put in checked baggage. Double-edge blade can get you in trouble in a lot of jurisdictions. Fixed blade can be illegal to carry too, for that matter.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,368,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
What real weapons is anyone complaining about not being able to bring through? I don't see any of that in this thread.
There is a certain, vocal, limp wristed, urbanized segment who hears "pocket knife" and instantly pictures:

And then there are the rest of us who hear "pocket knife" and picture this:

Old 10-24-2014, 05:25 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the anamosity towards TSA is numbing. its really about the american hatred of all authority.
astounding how people caught red handed with real weapons will excuse themselves and in the end try to scold TSA for doing their job. i wonder if anyone here wants to ride a plane with a nut with a weapon.
Real Americans have a problem when their constitutionally protects rights are being violated by the federal government. Obviously you do not. That says it all.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:43 PM

671 posts, read 890,513 times
Fly enough and the TSA experience will happen..At least now they've replaced the insane and alcoholic ones..Public pressure helped get rid of most of the jerks....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies