Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 06:29 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times

Advertisements

Black neighborhoods never bothered me, I live in one now.

The only black neighborhoods I lived in that I heard gun shots on a regular basis was when I lived in Los Angeles and later Detroit. I have no idea why 'gun shots' bother people in black neighborhoods especially since most of it is arbitrary discharge (i.e firing to show off the gun). Gun shots don't seem to bother many whites who live in the country during deer season or the like. I remember walking a trail in Michigan where you heard guns go off repeatably because there was a range nearby. Didn't seem to bother anyone, so why does it in black neighborhoods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 06:48 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Frustration of the black community on r god I'd kicked out if the home has allowed many blacks to vent more and more. This is apparent, it's nothing new. The black community is playing on equal ground with whites and many have to adjust to a new America which blacks in general have much higher standards. I don't blame the lower class for using racism as a excuse, whether true or not its just frustration speaking.

It's gonna take a while for many to adjust to a new era in America. Liberalism hasn't really helped the black community, those with a strong upbringing and a strong group of networking will survive but those who don't have those privileges will suffer greatly.

On the older days you wouldn't hear so much wringing since god was a sedative but with that gone its a world if hurt. You're asking those who lack networking and family and a strong group for guidance to find a way. Black Americans of lower value will really feel it.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:57 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This is so idiotic I can't even respond. I am still trying to get one of you apologists for that racist Russian female cited earlier to tell me what was true about her statement. You can't because you know it was bullcrap.

We're talking about bad neighborhoods, not black ones. There are black neighborhoods in this country that you could never afford. I don't believe you've even been to a bad black neighborhood, a rich one, or anything in between.

Are you a sane person? Not sure from reading your posts.
It's her truth.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:10 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
It's her truth.
But how does her truth help ME? What does it have to do with me? She doesn't say "some Blacks". She basically says "Blacks" as if the entire Black population is like that. Black people like my parents did what they could to separate themselves from a specific segment of the population.

This is my truth. Some Blacks do sit around and smoke pot all day. I don't deny that. For me, it isn't about denial. It is about taking what you see with a certain segment of the population, and applying to everyone in that population group. Most Blacks that I know work, are in school, or both. I take issue with the comments made by that Russian lady, because in my eyes, I look at her as not only prejudice, but ignorant. If she ever said that to me, this would be my response: Did it ever occur to you that alot of Black professionals basically fled this neighborhood? Did it ever occur to you that the only reason you are seeing the worst of the Black population is because the best and brightest of the Black population avoid living here?

Old 03-09-2013, 08:24 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,782,355 times
Also educated blacks separate greatly from non educated blacks do whites will look at neighborhoods of uneducated blacks and feel a way about the majority of them.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:50 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Kind of like the uneducated black and white people give the hard workers a bad name. I would hate to have a stigma associated with me because of a bunch of pot smoking welfare collecting people.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Kind of like the uneducated black and white people give the hard workers a bad name. I would hate to have a stigma associated with me because of a bunch of pot smoking welfare collecting people.
Yes and now. Whenever one sees the worst of the southern White population, the entire Black population doesn't suffer for it. Usually, southern Whites do. Whenever there is poor behavior from one specific segment of the Black population, the entire Black American population suffers for it.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Also educated blacks separate greatly from non educated blacks do whites will look at neighborhoods of uneducated blacks and feel a way about the majority of them.
This is part of what I have been trying to say. Many Black people try to separate themselves from the worst of the Black population. However, it seems like Blacks still get judged by the worst of the Black population.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:11 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,062,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is part of what I have been trying to say. Many Black people try to separate themselves from the worst of the Black population. However, it seems like Blacks still get judged by the worst of the Black population.
When people are different races, it's easier to make these snap judgement based on a minority of the population. White people in this country don't really come into contact with many black people, and neighborhoods that are all black tend to be poor which is about their entire exposure (driving through those neighborhoods to get to work).

More to the point white people also make these snap judgments:

Asians: Nerdy engineers
Muslims: Terrorists
Hindus: IT technical wizards.

Old 03-09-2013, 09:28 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
She comes to the US from a racist country, lives here two bleeping years and her opinion on black people means something? I don't think so.
How long should a person live somewhere before their opinion means something? 2, 5, 7, 10? I am not saying I agree with her. You are the one that brought up the years issue, so you should have an opinion as to when the opinion would be more meaningful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies