Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 04:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,261,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well guns have been around for hundreds of years.

American idiots afraid of their own shadows..just recent.
Hilarious! The gun fondlers are the ones terrified of A. the government; B. Their friends and neighbors who voted for the government; C. hordes of home invaders, burglars, mother rapists, father stabbers and everyone else who they say they need guns to protect themselves from.

In short, being terrified and teaching everyone that they need to be armed to the teeth is EXACTLY the outcome you've been working toward for decades, no? You should be proud!

Not to mention the irony of you folks laughing at this when in fact you're the ones who created the situation by arming every lunatic with two legs, and braying about your right to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
If it's better to have cops in schools whether we need them or not I would think it's better to overreact than underreact to anything out of the ordinary. I'm not saying I agree with either but it's funny that people be ok with one overreaction but not another.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Hilarious! The gun fondlers are the ones terrified of A. the government; B. Their friends and neighbors who voted for the government; C. hordes of home invaders, burglars, mother rapists, father stabbers and everyone else who they say they need guns to protect themselves from.

In short, being terrified and teaching everyone that they need to be armed to the teeth is EXACTLY the outcome you've been working toward for decades, no? You should be proud!

Not to mention the irony of you folks laughing at this when in fact you're the ones who created the situation by arming every lunatic with two legs, and braying about your right to do so.
Wake up on the bad side of the bed today ?
You're awfully RABID about gun ownership aren't you ?

A background check won't stop bad people from getting guns or using knives or blowing stuff up.

What have I been doing for years ? I haven't owned a gun before last year. And I'm not petrified of people owning guns. The majority of people are responsible.

You're letting a minority of people with criminal intent drive you to the extreme.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:40 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,695,348 times
Parents. Please check your local school today. How is the school security/safety upgrades going? Immediate armed response personnel on duty at all times? Armed teachers always available? Cross training provided to employees to handle a variety of on site emergencies? Doors impact proof and lockable? Are classrooms doors lockable by the teacher in the room and impact resistance? Parents you need to keep the pressure on for the safety of the kids. Remember that there is no relation between guns and school safety as there are other tools of destruction.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:44 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Can't find much of this online. Surprised it didn't make more headlines. Basically an airman came to the school prior to classes to talk with a councelor. He was in his airman uniform and this caused the over reaction. If Selfridge air national guard base wasn't within a 5 minute drive from here I might, just might understand but we see people in their uniforms all the time around here. What a shame that this happened.

Visiting Former L'Anse Creuse Student Causes School Lockdown - Macomb Township, MI Patch
So what was the fuss, was he eating a Pop Tart?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I'll bet the ones screaming were liberals too.
Safe bet. The ones screaming are nearly always liberals.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Are you? Of course everything is suspect. Gun fondlers have seen to it that any moron can and should have guns and must be allowed to go anywhere they want to exercise their Second Amendment rights. It's patriotic.
And?

It's funny you say something perfectly reasonable like it's supposed to be self evidently a bad thing.

Oh my god, these people expect to be able to exercise their constitutionally guaranteed rights. Isn't that insane?

Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well guns have been around for hundreds of years.

American idiots afraid of their own shadows..just recent.

"See something, Say something" Every American is suspect..every American is a potential terrorist.

You just had several schools locked down because some idiot thought the theme of Fresh Prince of Bellaire was a terrorist threat to go on a shooting spree in schools.

That's exactly what this administration wants.

United we stand BUT divided we fall.
Who wouldn't be afraid? Come on, give me a break. With all the crap that has been going down, only a foolish person wouldn't be wary. I'm not going to arm myself to the gills because I don't think that solves anything. But I'm not going to scoff at people if they become alarmed at something.

Old 03-06-2013, 07:45 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
According to this report, he was there early in the morning, roaming the halls looking for the counselor and no one knew he was coming. He was still wearing his flak jacket and gun holster. I've seen plenty of uniformed service men/women around town, but never in their flak jacket and gun holster. I don't think this is an overreaction. What adult doesn't know that if you are going to a school, you have to check in with the front office first?

L'Anse Creuse HS evacuation triggered by Selfridge airman - Fox 2 News Headlines
This ^^

Old 03-06-2013, 08:42 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Can't find much of this online. Surprised it didn't make more headlines. Basically an airman came to the school prior to classes to talk with a councelor. He was in his airman uniform and this caused the over reaction. If Selfridge air national guard base wasn't within a 5 minute drive from here I might, just might understand but we see people in their uniforms all the time around here. What a shame that this happened.

Visiting Former L'Anse Creuse Student Causes School Lockdown - Macomb Township, MI Patch
So nobody bothered to ask who he was and he didn't announce his intentions?

[lack of communication among everyone involved]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies