Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,208,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
America was warned that globalism would negatively effect us.
We didn't listen.
Now we pay the price.
Eh, if it gets bad enough, there will be a revolution to off set the difficulties. The worst thing that could happen is to have millions dead, but that's the worst case scenario.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 08:00 AM

58,684 posts, read 27,044,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Over the last 4 years there were 26 major U.S. corporations that paid zero federal tax, and others, like Wells Fargo went from paying nothing to paying rates like 3.8 %. So I don't know where you're getting the idea that corporations are paying high taxes.

Report Says 26 U.S. Companies Have Negative Average Federal Income Tax Rate - ABC News
'
"In November, the liberal lobbying group Citizens for Tax Justice..."

You don't think your "report" might be a tad biased do you?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How about you quit fantasizing about why jobs are leaving and get real! They've been sailing round the world for the past 20 years.

Thanks Republicans.
I didn't know Clinton was a republican.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
You are already there - because that IS the level on which the right operates and bloviates. I fully understand the ignorance of your party and why we are here today.

Spouting gibberish about rats doesn't make you appear wiser. No offense.
Right!

Please explain what the dems have done in the past 50 years to ensure jobs stayed here.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:07 AM

3,038 posts, read 2,509,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Pretty funny stuff. Will you be here all week?

Seriously, I have no idea why you folks worship these corporations and cheer them on. Eventually they, you and I will all suffer from it. But you're too wrapped up in your almost sexual mania for these guys to see it.
Never met anyone that worships capitalism.

Your resentment toward anyone that prefers capitalism (freedom) over other economic models is effecting your ability to think straight.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,299,625 times
When a multinational makes 60% of their profits from another country where do you think they are going to reinvest and expand ?

Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I didn't know Clinton was a republican.
Nope. When Clinton was President jobs going overseas was a good thing.

Now the same people have turned into isolationists.

Democrats have no principles. They just change their minds when MSNBC tells them to.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's fair, as long as we're not giving tax breaks and pork to companies who choose to hire off shore. If they're making record profits, the demand is there and they're hiring--it only becomes an issue when they're not hiring HERE, but we're still giving them freebies.
There is like a million different ways to increase profit without a increase in product demand.

Companies will only hire people if their is enough work to justify the position. Period. It does not matter if they made a thousand dollars profit last year or a billion.

All this talk about tax rates around the edges is nonsense. You can give all the tax breaks you want to hire people. Aint no one gonna take it. It costs far more to employ someone than you will ever save in taxes.

Raising taxes does not create one job though, as some people seem to think.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,715,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRules View Post
I said I'm a free market guy. That means I believe the free market is the way to go for everyone.

I never said I live in one.

And monopoly over money is bad. That's why private corporations should start printing it. it would be nice to have 4 or 5 choices of what money to use.

You should read a book called "Good Money" by George Selgin. It's on Amazon. Plenty of private companies have coined money over the years. Matter of fact, it's pretty safe to say the Industrial Revolution does not happen without the private sector making money. Your theory that you can't have a free market with private money does not match with historical fact.
George Selgin is a senior fellow at the CATO INSTITUTE, a well-known right wing "think-tank." There's no purpose in picking up this dude's book. By knowing he's associated with the CATO INSTITUTE, we already know what he thinks.

Old 03-07-2013, 10:10 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,715,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, so crush the hell out of the small business owners like Obama wants. Then have the ignorance to wonder where the jobs are.

It's funny how the people wait around for Obama to create jobs.
I'm all for small business owners. It's the big corporations that have sunk our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies