Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 11:48 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,064,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
That is very true and it's also the reason that a high unemployment rate is a necessary ingredient for Maximum exploitation. Full or near full emploment is the right wing's worse nightmare.
How many windmills to you tilt against in a single session?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan's Dad View Post
BZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it's the loony left's worst nightmare. It's the left that wants the population as dependent upon govt as possible, not the right.

Thanks for playing though. Your consolation prize is a lifetime supply of spam.
Did you mean "spam" or "spasm"?

Old 03-06-2013, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I will accept this line of reasoning the day American CEOs are hired on a "free market."
Explain, please, what you mean by this gibberish.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Explain, please, what you mean by this gibberish.
I dunno what he means, but...

The CEOs are already hired on the free market.

The free market is the will of the people. If people will it to hire people they trust, to hire their friends, so then be it.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:55 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,645,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Conservatives "complain" about the economy under Obama -- the stagnating wages, the lack of jobs, etc -- but in reality, they are perfectly okay w/ the way things things are. They have to be since this is the outcome that is supposed to happen w/ the policies Republicans support. How is this economy NOT the scenario we end up w/ when businesses have the support of Republicans to outsource jobs, import cheaper employees, strip collective bargaining power from workers, and give the rich every incentive to keep as much money as they can?

Take any problem that's wrong w/ the economy and ask yourself: what's the Republican solution to fix it?

Barely livable wages for the working poor? Cut taxes for the rich, cut welfare, repeal min wage.
Stagnating wages for the middle class? Cut taxes for the rich, cut benefits that help their kids go to college
Dwindling job openings? Cut taxes for the rich, cut gov't spending on public jobs so that there's not competition w/ private wages.
Overworked employees earning less of a share of profits? Cut taxes on the rich, push for "right to work" status.
Unqualified applicants for technical jobs? Cut taxes for the rich, bring in cheaper applicants from overseas.

I would be interested to know of any positions on the Right that put UPWARD pressure on wages... We already know what the current trend of downward pressure leads to: more people fighting for fewer jobs at lower wages creating less demand in the economy. So what do the Republicans have in their wheel house that puts the upward pressure on wages?

If Republicans think I'm full of bs, fine. But I'd like to hear which problem w/ the economy that you think the Republican solution fixes, and how it will end w/ upward pressure on wages.

Most of America's conservatives have fully fallen into the "corporate propaganda" of Fox news and Rush radio. Look at the conservative poster in post #2. He's fighting against raising min wage laws, while he fights (for) Romney's $6.6 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich and large corporations.

But the ironic thing is if poster #2 was not a Fox news and Rush radio follower, then you and him could work together. You could say lets not put high min wage laws on small business, and lets not raise min wage to the point it hurts business. But the poster just says "no" to raising min wage, while he repeats Fox news lies, and fights for trickle down tax cuts.

America greatly needs its conservatives to fix our welfare system, trim government waste, and protect our country and values. But today conservatives refuse to do those things.

Most of Americas conservatives get all of their beliefs from Fox news, Rush radio, and republican think tanks. But according to scientists they are all "corporate propaganda groups." These groups tell conservatives 100's of lies. These lies range from "tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues" to "global warming is not happening."

These Fox/Rush followers also believe in many conspiracy theories. They believe that the worlds scientists, college professors, and democrats are telling everyone lies, so they can turn everyone into communists. These Fox news and Rush radio followers will not join you, because they believe that you are part of a communist conspiracy plot.

But the important thing here is America. Ever since Ronald Reagan every republican who has taken power, has done trickle down/supply side tax cuts. These tax cuts have created huge deficits, and grew our national debt to dangerous levels. (We need to stop these trickle down tax cuts.)

And there's also our fellow conservative Americans. Some of our parents, spouses, children, and friends are hooked on Fox news and Rush radio.
How can we allow our family and friends to fall into a corporate propaganda group, that is telling them 100's of lies ?

We need to free Americas conservatives from these groups, so they can be real conservatives. But as long as Fox news has them, they will only fight for this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

I wish some of you would watch the following Australian documentary. The CEO's who fund Fox news, Rush radio, and republican think tanks, are manipulating these people as if they were brain dead sheep.

They are manipulating our family and friends.

The Billionaires' Tea Party (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube

Last edited by chad3; 03-07-2013 at 01:08 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,645,759 times
I made this post on accident, sorry.

Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Most of America's conservatives have fully fallen into the "corporate propaganda" of Fox news and Rush radio. Look at the conservative poster in post #2. He's fighting against raising min wage laws, while he fights (for) Romney's $6.6 trillion dollar tax cut for the rich and large corporations.

But the ironic thing is if poster #2 was not a Fox news and Rush radio follower, then you and him could work together. You could say lets not put high min wage laws on small business, and lets not raise min wage to the point it hurts business. But the poster just says "no" to raising min wage, while he repeats Fox news lies, and fights for trickle down tax cuts.

America greatly needs its conservatives to fix our welfare system, trim government waste, and protect our country and values. But today conservatives refuse to do those things.

Most of Americas conservatives get all of their beliefs from Fox news, Rush radio, and republican think tanks. But according to scientists they are all "corporate propaganda groups." These groups tell conservatives 100's of lies. These lies range from "tax cuts for the rich increase government revenues" to "global warming is not happening."

These Fox/Rush followers also believe in many conspiracy theories. They believe that the worlds scientists, college professors, and democrats are telling everyone lies, so they can turn everyone into communists. These Fox news and Rush radio followers will not join you, because they believe that you are part of a communist conspiracy plot.

But the important thing here is America. Ever since Ronald Reagan every republican who has taken power, has done trickle down/supply side tax cuts. These tax cuts have created huge deficits, and grew our national debt to dangerous levels. (We need to stop these trickle down tax cuts.)

And there's also our fellow conservative Americans. Some of our parents, spouses, children, and friends are hooked on Fox news and Rush radio.
How can we allow our family and friends to fall into a corporate propaganda group, that is telling them 100's of lies ?

We need to free Americas conservatives from these groups, so they can be real conservatives. But as long as Fox news has them, they will only fight for this,

Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress

I wish some of you would watch the following Australian documentary. The CEO's who fund Fox news, Rush radio, and republican think tanks, are manipulating these people as if they were brain dead sheep.

They are manipulating our family and friends.

The Billionaires' Tea Party (Full Length Documentary) - YouTube
So you spend an entire post going on about the lies and propaganda from Fox and Rush Limbaugh, and then end your post by saying you really wish we'd watch these videos with no evidence that they aren't simply propaganda from the left wing instead of the right wing.

I appreciate the fact that you consider conservatives misled and misguided. I mean that sincerely. I'd rather someone consider me brainwashed than just evil. But where do you get your news and ideas? Why should I believe what you say? I mean that seriously, not as an insult. If you want me to believe that everything I believe is a lie, then how do I know that everything you believe isn't a lie? So your sources are telling you different things than what Fox News says, but what makes them any more accurate? What if they're just a different set of lies?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:10 AM

370 posts, read 439,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
An efficient business is a smart business.

Why are higher wages your only proposed solution? Business labor budgets are finite. You seem to think that the lions share of businesses have all kinds of money to pay out in wages and are merely choosing not to do so. Are you willing to pay higher prices for everything in order to arbitrarily put "upward pressure" on wages?

The problem is demand, not wages. An abundance of demand generally translates into job opportunities and the opportunity to move around and seek higher wages. But I'm sure you knew that.

So how do tax cuts for the rich increase demand?

Old 03-07-2013, 06:19 AM

602 posts, read 572,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Yes, but it's not really the rich who form their base, it lower-middle class whites. That's primarily who posts that type of nonsense on this forum at all hours of the day. By definition, they have to be self-loathing, given that they believe:

1. If you work hard enough, you can be wealthy.
2. They are not wealthy.
3. Thus, they just haven't worked hard enough.

This is why they love to bash the poor. They can say, "Hey, at least I'm not as bad as those lazy SOBs over there!" And, of course, there are the yokels who get duped into the, "The queers are coming, the queers are coming! Planned Parenthood is taking your money to pay for abortions! The coloreds are coming for your white women!"

If someone has a better explanation for this phenomenon with lower middle-class whites, I'm all ears.

Racist post

Old 03-07-2013, 06:26 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,210,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
So how do tax cuts for the rich increase demand?
Supposedly, it frees up more capital to invest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies