Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,984,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I was just about to post the same thing. Have them see a doc. They find a pill that works for them and they pay a few dollars a month OTC.
Well maybe that will happen soon Though I don't know if I'd hold my breath

Over-the-counter Pill May Be On Shelves Soon - by Leslie Laurence

"You're on vacation and you realize you've forgotten to pack your birth control pills. Or it's Saturday night when you discover your prescription has run out. Now imagine that instead of making frantic phone calls to your doctor - or worse, going without contraception for a couple of days - you can simply drop into a pharmacy or supermarket and pick up a supply of pills without a prescription.

Impossible? Think again. The pill is already available over-the-counter in Spain, Mexico and some South American countries. On Thursday and Friday, the Food and Drug Administration will hold a two-day workshop to discuss the pros and cons of taking the pill off prescription in this country as well."

The article is from Feb 1993 - nothing like having the FDA drag their feet
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2013, 12:34 PM

19,395 posts, read 12,036,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Now, to get back to this - how is women's inability to experience an orgasm paid for by private insurance? I know nothing about this, so perhaps you could discuss this. Is it paid for? We already know that men's inability to ejaculate is being covered by ALL health insurance.
A poster here said that ED meds were not covered under their policy. The policies can be very different in coverage.

But let's take your average comprehensive policy that covers most meds. They usually cover bc anyway with a co-payment. Some of the meds used for female sexual dysfunctions are testosterone and estrogen creams/gels and would be covered under your average policy along with male ED meds. Some women have other types of issues such they they cannot have sex due to muscular problems and there are other therapies for that which would be covered.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,363,125 times
Quote:
And it is all about religion and nothing else. Which is why religion (the proselytizing brands - I have nothing against religions that mind their own business and stay out of my uterus) irk the hell out of me.
This^^^^^ It's the disease of fundamentalist "" Christianity "" that took the GOP and turned it into the American Taliban.
This marriage of sickness began in earnest with Jerry Falwell and the cult called the Moral Majority.

As this virus entered the host the Republican party turned into an all encompassing religious pulpit in which to wield it's own brand of bigotry and exclusion based upon the old testament.
The GOP has been losing it's fight for survival due to this cancer eating away at common sense platforms and ended up on life support a solid year before it's death blow on November 6th of 2012.

As more and more of the millennial generation reach voting age the avalanche of support for GLBT rights, womens rights and the civil rights of racial minorities will bury the remaining members of this diseased host.

What you see here are the dead not knowing their dead as they continue vomiting decades old talking points from a party that no longer exists.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:15 PM

58,523 posts, read 26,824,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Because sex is bad?

Regular sex actually has been shown to have a number of health benefits. It's a natural human drive to want to have sex, just like it's natural for babies to want to suckle. Sex isn't just about procreation. Whatever your religion teaches.
Never said sex was bad. IF you CHOOSE to engage it is up to YOU pay for your own pills. If YOU don't engage, you don't need pills.

And I am NOT talking about those that have a medical problem unrelated to pregnancy.

Many things are fun. That doesn't mean taxpayers or fellow employees have to pay for your enjoyment.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,703,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
This^^^^^ It's the disease of fundamentalist "" Christianity "" that took the GOP and turned it into the American Taliban.
This marriage of sickness began in earnest with Jerry Falwell and the cult called the Moral Majority.

As this virus entered the host the Republican party turned into an all encompassing religious pulpit in which to wield it's own brand of bigotry and exclusion based upon the old testament.
The GOP has been losing it's fight for survival due to this cancer eating away at common sense platforms and ended up on life support a solid year before it's death blow on November 6th of 2012.

As more and more of the millennial generation reach voting age the avalanche of support for GLBT rights, womens rights and the civil rights of racial minorities will bury the remaining members of this diseased host.

What you see here are the dead not knowing their dead as they continue vomiting decades old talking points from a party that no longer exists.
Zombies, all of them. Goes to show you how how politics and religion do not mix. They're like vinegar and baking soda - explosive and leads to a nasty mess. They're a bunch of opinionated, racist, amoral, conscienceless people. How Republicans are going to regain any form of respect after bedding the evangelical fundamentalists for so long, is anyone's guess.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:39 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,860,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
It certainly has occurred to me But I planned my family and am not
part of the problem.

It's the ones on welfare we need to address. The babies, barely adults
having babies, and more babies... without papas. For those folks, the pill is
"heaven sent" as far as I'm concerned.
Here's the thing though, those people aren't the ones who are using birth control. That's why this whole idea that if more people use birth control there would be less people on welfare is a LIE. Many (probably most but don't have any stats available)who use birth control are likely middle class and above and would either abort or have the baby without assistance.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Btw the most idiotic comments I am reading are from the lefties on this board. I will never understand the logic of requiring tax payers to pay for everything. If we do that then everyone will go broke who is paying taxes while those who don't will get more. It's why states like Illinois and California are going broke.

Like I stated before I couldn't care less if private employers pay for birth control. What I don't think is right is why a religious employer is forced to pay for something they disagree with. People say goofy things like that their views are outdated, but in USA we are supposed to believe in what we want.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Here's the thing though, those people aren't the ones who are using birth control. That's why this whole idea that if more people use birth control there would be less people on welfare is a LIE. Many (probably most but don't have any stats available)who use birth control are likely middle class and above and would either abort or have the baby without assistance.
Okay, I'll bite. What's the reason that you think "those people" are not the ones using birth control? Give me a historical/sociological reason.

Old 03-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Btw the most idiotic comments I am reading are from the lefties on this board. I will never understand the logic of requiring tax payers to pay for everything. If we do that then everyone will go broke who is paying taxes while those who don't will get more. It's why states like Illinois and California are going broke.

Like I stated before I couldn't care less if private employers pay for birth control. What I don't think is right is why a religious employer is forced to pay for something they disagree with. People say goofy things like that their views are outdated, but in USA we are supposed to believe in what we want.
You whine, but only about the poor, never about the taxes you pay to fund the rich with niceties, do you? Or perhaps you're not well enough read to know that?

Old 03-08-2013, 01:46 PM

Quote:
You whine, but only about the poor, never about the taxes you pay to fund the rich with niceties, do you? Or perhaps you're not well enough read to know that?
Actually I have stated I oppose tax breaks for the rich, especially with regards to outsourcing. Besides that, exactly what rich people am I buying stuff for?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies